Fri Feb 1 @ MSU-Mankato 7:07

Sat Feb 2 @ MSU-Mankato 3:07

Fri Feb 8 Bemidji State 7:07

Sat Feb 9 Bemidji State 7:07

Fri Feb 15 OSU 7:07

Sat Feb 16 OSU 7:07

Fri Feb 22 @ UMD 7:07

Sat Feb 23 @ UMD 4:07

All but Wisconsin has put out their WCHA schedule.

• 2 months later...

I think the team is underrated. Unless the team ends up being inconsistent like last year. Bring on the season and good luck to the ladies!

They need a little more help from the defensive end and they could take a major step. With a healthy Jordan Slavin and LaShomb potentially being a bluechip, I think they can take another step or two this year, and contend for the National Championship.

They need a little more help from the defensive end and they could take a major step. With a healthy Jordan Slavin and LaShomb potentially being a bluechip, I think they can take another step or two this year, and contend for the National Championship.

Valid point about defense. Slavin was out last year and was the team's best defensive player. I believe they have Frozen Four potential this year.

Anyone know why Candace Molle isn't on the roster this year? She was a junior last year if memory serves me. I hope she didn't get hurt.

She was somewhat of an experienced d-man (woman)

I think there are some issues with the roster in general. It says that Layla Marvin is a redshirt freshman and she redshirted last year. When I went back to last year's roster, it doesn't show her as a red shirt, it just says "freshmen." I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason for Molle not being on the roster, but I think there are some issues.

I think there are some issues with the roster in general. It says that Layla Marvin is a redshirt freshman and she redshirted last year. When I went back to last year's roster, it doesn't show her as a red shirt, it just says "freshmen." I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason for Molle not being on the roster, but I think there are some issues.

That is the correct terminology. A student is a freshman for their entire first year. If they are being redshirted, the redshirt can be pulled at any time during the year. So they are considered true freshman. Second year students are sophomores in class, but are redshirt freshman if they were redshirted for their first year.

Just with the addition of the Dufault kid alone will make them a contender. She is the most dominating girls/womens player I have ever seen play and will make an immediate impact. In additon, if Shelby Amsley-Benzie can get the starting nod, look out! She is rock-solid.

That is the correct terminology. A student is a freshman for their entire first year. If they are being redshirted, the redshirt can be pulled at any time during the year. So they are considered true freshman. Second year students are sophomores in class, but are redshirt freshman if they were redshirted for their first year.

Ah! In my head it was red shirt first year, freshmen the first year they played. I fail. :lol:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Anyone know why Candace Molle isn't on the roster this year? She was a junior last year if memory serves me. I hope she didn't get hurt.

I heard Idalski say that she was ineligible and that they were working on getting her back eligble.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I heard Idalski say that she was ineligible and that they were working on getting her back eligble.

Wait a minute. A female athlete not eligble? That has to be a first.

I'll be taking the short walk to the REA tonight to watch the women play. The biggest thing I will be looking at is who will be between the pipes. I have a feeling that Amsley-Benzie will be the real deal and finally give UND the much needed consistency that they need at goalie, which could mean the different between another 1 and done run and a potential national title.