SiouxSports.com Forum

What is the general outlook in North Dakota?

JESUS,family,rutgers

What is the general outlook in North Dakota right now concerning the Fighting Sioux? Do most fans feel the team is hitting its' stride in the Skate for Eight? Or are some still looking for another weekend sweep?

Both.

We should be able to sweep UAA. We need to sweep opponents. We need to hit our stride. I think we're getting there.

Most importantly, we need to find consistency in everything. Our D and PK are coming together. Phil has let in some weak ones as of late, but he's still solid. The biggest issue is consistency and chemistry offensively. Hak needs to find a line makeup that works.

What is the general outlook in North Dakota right now concerning the Fighting Sioux? Do most fans feel the team is hitting its' stride in the Skate for Eight? Or are some still looking for another weekend sweep?

Another year, another second half run!

Things are shaping up.

The defense has solidified. Lammy isn't letting a bad goal affect him for the rest of the game. The Penalty kill has really excelled (good thing we've gotten the practice). The power play is producing well. We're getting good production from the second and third lines.

In my opinion we're still not getting the ptential (which is almost unlimited) of Oshie and Duncan. That should have been our strength out of the gate but it'll be ok.

I'm sure they'll be showing up when we need 'em during the drive for #8.

redwing,

Do you think Coach Hakstol will try to get Phil at least a few nights off before the playoffs.

Goon, -20degrees!!! I think SiouxMeNow said the North Dakota weather "keeps the softies out." :glare:

no need for a big break when you play 2 games per week but it sounded like hak may get walski a game when the right time arrives vs the right oppenent, until then JPL is going a great job

My idea is more unconventional and probably not going to happen but...

I say, this weekend vs. UAA that Friday's game will play a big role in what happens with Walski. If we win on Friday, Saturday's game may be the time to give Walski some game time.

My unconventional idea is to have Lammy start the game and give the 2nd and 3rd periods to Walski. Then again, it's not a day off for Lammy by any means, but I just don't trust a guy who may have played well in practice, but has no other real game time experience.

Despite the toughest first half schedule in Div I hockey the Sioux find themselves in better shape then the past couple of years as they are firmly in third place with DU in their sites. What a schedule as they will finally meet an unranked opponent for the first time this season. Just the same you can't take a night off against UAA, so with the same effort as their last homestand, the the Sioux should come away with another four points.

My idea is more unconventional and probably not going to happen but...

I say, this weekend vs. UAA that Friday's game will play a big role in what happens with Walski. If we win on Friday, Saturday's game may be the time to give Walski some game time.

My unconventional idea is to have Lammy start the game and give the 2nd and 3rd periods to Walski. Then again, it's not a day off for Lammy by any means, but I just don't trust a guy who may have played well in practice, but has no other real game time experience.

if you sit phil then sit him. its such a mental preparation deal that if hes gona play you play the whole game and if not then its walskis game. these are 4 more potential wcha points we need to grab so in hak we trust :glare:

This team isn't unbeatable right now and has a long way to go to be dominant, but they must sweep AA this weekend. It would be unacceptable to lose or tie one. Sweep at home, split on the road, unless you are playing much weaker opponents. Sweep AA at home. No excuses.

if you sit phil then sit him. its such a mental preparation deal that if hes gona play you play the whole game and if not then its walskis game. these are 4 more potential wcha points we need to grab so in hak we trust :glare:

From Hak's comments, I get the feeling that we may see Walski in one game against UAA, if for no more of a reason other than Walski's earned a start in practice. It would give Phil a game off mentally, and to get ready for the long haul, as well as give Walski some game play. Other than that, I don't expect anyone else other than Phil.

Cold outside, too hot inside. I can't even open my patio door in my apt cuz it's frozen shut.

Down here it is too hot it is 35 - 40 degrees celcius (95 - 104 farenheight) on average this summer and humid, its unbearable.

you can not go in the sun for 15min without getting roasted and severly burnt.

id rather a beautiful snowy day than this heat.

but my outlook on this season is that the sioux are starting to hit their stride and turn it up now and i hope to see more.

defense is becoming more solid, intensity is rising each weekend and everyone is contributing.

things are looking good but not YET great and i hope this comes soon.

Denver doesn't play next weekend so it is our chance to move to second!!

it is a chance but we will also be up 4 games on them in the league games played colum so these points are that important when denver comes to the ralph in february. we need all these points which we have been getting lately since we will be 4 games up on them which is 8 possible points for denver on the flip side

it is a chance but we will also be up 4 games on them in the league games played colum so these points are that important when denver comes to the ralph in february. we need all these points which we have been getting lately since we will be 4 games up on them which is 8 possible points for denver on the flip side

Precisely. All we can worry about are the games that we can control. Don't depend on other teams to help you out. If it happens, it happens, but we have to get the points when we can.

I'm not ready to say this team has hit its stride yet, but there are very promising signs. Most impressive, frankly, is the play of the second and third lines. If they can keep scoring and scoring a lot, it should take pressure off Duncan, Oshie and whoever :glare: and allow them to finally show their potential.

I'm very happy with the defense. JPL has been solid, although I still get queasy when he wanders. I really want to see how this team plays in Mariucci against a wounded and desperate Gopher team.

I'm not ready to say this team has hit its stride yet, but there are very promising signs. Most impressive, frankly, is the play of the second and third lines. If they can keep scoring and scoring a lot, it should take pressure off Duncan, Oshie and whoever :glare: and allow them to finally show their potential.

I'm very happy with the defense. JPL has been solid, although I still get queasy when he wanders. I really want to see how this team plays in Mariucci against a wounded and desperate Gopher team.

exactly, it is so important to have 2-3 lines all scoring with the 4th line chipping in here and there. a balanced team will go far in this league and the ncaa tourney!!

lets get uaa first then it will be gopher/sioux week again. they have found a goalie to at least keep them in games asd they cant score to save thier lives. kangas has shown he can play solid for now and that means the long island frazee will be watching many games from the bench or press box which has to be a good feeling for gopher fans and not wcha fans :lol:

lets play another solid weekend vs the seapuppies and keep the wins coming

exactly, it is so important to have 2-3 lines all scoring with the 4th line chipping in here and there. a balanced team will go far in this league and the ncaa tourney!!

lets get uaa first then it will be gopher/sioux week again. they have found a goalie to at least keep them in games asd they cant score to save thier lives. kangas has shown he can play solid for now and that means the long island frazee will be watching many games from the bench or press box which has to be a good feeling for gopher fans and not wcha fans :lol:

lets play another solid weekend vs the seapuppies and keep the wins coming

I know he is notorious for giving up the long goals, but I guess I haven't made the connection with the nickname yet. Where does Long Island come frome?

I know he is notorious for giving up the long goals, but I guess I haven't made the connection with the nickname yet. Where does Long Island come frome?

the LONG goals hes gives up has nothing to do with the nickname but it can now but its from drinking, blarneys bar incident..ect.........works well :glare: