SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

I think Duncs and Osh can play with whoever is on that line with them. I think the bigger issue with those two is deciding who does what. They can both make plays and they can both finish. I think they are both trying to do both a little too much.

In Duncan's case for sure he's not getting anywhere near the room to operate as he did last year with Oshie and Toews on his live.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100% that Duncan has not had the space this season. He has done a great job this year when he just cuts to the net and lets his wrister go. The only way that I've thought you can free up some space for Ducs is to separate him from Oshie. Try and get one or the other out against an opponents third scoring line and/or d-pairing. Although a point per game in this league isn't too shabby. It might be hard for those guys to get the chemistry rolling with other linemates at this time of the season.

Agree 100% that Duncan has not had the space this season. He has done a great job this year when he just cuts to the net and lets his wrister go. The only way that I've thought you can free up some space for Ducs is to separate him from Oshie. Try and get one or the other out against an opponents third scoring line and/or d-pairing. Although a point per game in this league isn't too shabby. It might be hard for those guys to get the chemistry rolling with other linemates at this time of the season.

and i think the spacious room he had was because of a future nhl all all star in jon toews. having oshie and toews next to you has gotta be a dream position and duncan has the skills to bury is chances when available. i hope we continue to see kozek up there for the uaa series. i dont think duncan or oshie are struggling at all. their numbers arer probably down 10 points where people think they should be but if the wins keep coming then thats fine as they do much more than score points. i still think the will both open their scoring totals up a bit coming up vs uaa and minny with kozek as well

I also don't think that they are struggling at all. We've won five in a row!!! They have not been the dominant force of last year, and I think AZ is right. You can't take JT out of the equation and expect it to net zero.

We are in good shape. Keep working and clicking. I predict a strong stretch run. If the other two scoring lines are able to get going too, that will provide more opportunities for that top line.

Agree 100% that Duncan has not had the space this season. He has done a great job this year when he just cuts to the net and lets his wrister go.

Its the way other teams have played the Sioux, they have wrongfully assumed that UND is a one line team and they have loaded up on the top Duncan and Oshie and whoever__________line. If you watch closely how other teams play this line, the boys have been hooked slashed and held up and down the ice. it is brutal.

Here is an interesting stat JT for Chicago has played in 36 games scored 15 goals 17 assists for 32 pts.

For the Sioux last season he played in 34 gams scored 18 goals 28 assits and scored 46 points. Are we to believe that the WCHA is on par with the NHL. I wouldn't think so, I would be willing to bet it is the way the games are called by the officials.

uscho likes what the sioux are doing, up to 4th

uscho

tied for 5th in pairwise is the one that counts. keep winning and that will get even better with a combo of other teams losses. 3 wcha teams would be in if it ended today. cc,du and und. scsu,uw,um and umd are the last 4 out but they are also not that close to being in either. they would need a sweep to bump themselves up a bit to getting those last couple spots and then more wins after that. the sioux have played 6 of the top 11 pairwise teams. having wins over 5 of the 6. the 6th being BC and the great ol fogout tie.

pairiwse

wcha standings

1 Colorado College 30

2 Denver 24

3 North Dakota 22

4 Minnesota-Duluth 17

5 Minnesota 14

St. Cloud State 14

Wisconsin 14

8 Michigan Tech 11

9 Minnesota State 10

10 Alaska-Anchorage 8

we can gain 4 more points on DU this next weekend as they have a bye BUT they will also have 4 less wcha games played so a potential of 8 points to gain on us. so a sweep this weekend is a must as we know. like mentioned before, take care of your own games and points possible and in the last 2 weekends you see if there is a chance at climbing another spot in the wcha standings.

Why do we only have the Nike Swift in 1 color? Isn't it a Swift that Mankato was wearing in white this past weekend?

because they havent decided to do all unis that style yet.black only for now then maybe down the road. mankato has a swift style from their jersey makers. not as slim as the sioux swifts though. im sure it has to do with what the players like overall

If the other two scoring lines are able to get going too, that will provide more opportunities for that top line.

I think that the other 2 scoring lines are already "going". :lol:

The Sioux have benefited from having some very balanced scoring this season. All 4 lines are producing on some weekends, which is great to see.

I loved watching Dubay when the Gophers visited the Ralph, saying that the Sioux are a one line team, despite what Hakstol told him. The funniest thing about it was that he was still holding that opinion after a 4-2 Gopher loss in which Genoway, Kaip, Watkins, and Malone were the goal scorers for the Sioux. :glare:

Only thing about a #1 seed in the regional is we'd have to leave the black Nike Swifts at home!

i will take that trade in a heartbeat :glare: now if we can somehow manage not to knock eachother off the top 4 down the road which i dont see happening with the final 5 tourney, und playing du and du playing cc, we can pull three #1 seeds :lol: preventing the ncaa in grouping those 3 wcha teams in same regional :sad:

I think that the other 2 scoring lines are already "going". :lol:

The Sioux have benefited from having some very balanced scoring this season. All 4 lines are producing on some weekends, which is great to see.

I loved watching Dubay when the Gophers visited the Ralph, saying that the Sioux are a one line team, despite what Hakstol told him. The funniest thing about it was that he was still holding that opinion after a 4-2 Gopher loss in which Genoway, Kaip, Watkins, and Malone were the goal scorers for the Sioux. :glare:

in the last 4 games duncan and oshie have a combined 1 goal and we are 4-0. If we keep getting prodcution form the other three lines and duncan and oshie start scoring goals like we know they can this team will be SCARY to play against, which I think is only a matter of time.

uscho likes what the sioux are doing, up to 4th

uscho

tied for 5th in pairwise is the one that counts. keep winning and that will get even better with a combo of other teams losses. 3 wcha teams would be in if it ended today. cc,du and und. scsu,uw,um and umd are the last 4 out but they are also not that close to being in either. they would need a sweep to bump themselves up a bit to getting those last couple spots and then more wins after that. the sioux have played 6 of the top 11 pairwise teams. having wins over 5 of the 6. the 6th being BC and the great ol fogout tie.

pairiwse

wcha standings

1 Colorado College 30

2 Denver 24

3 North Dakota 22

4 Minnesota-Duluth 17

5 Minnesota 14

St. Cloud State 14

Wisconsin 14

8 Michigan Tech 11

9 Minnesota State 10

10 Alaska-Anchorage 8

we can gain 4 more points on DU this next weekend as they have a bye BUT they will also have 4 less wcha games played so a potential of 8 points to gain on us. so a sweep this weekend is a must as we know. like mentioned before, take care of your own games and points possible and in the last 2 weekends you see if there is a chance at climbing another spot in the wcha standings.

We need to have MS Mankato to win a few games - they are currently 25 in RPI so they are a TUC. If they drop below 25 we lose 2 wins against TUC.

Same for MTU - we are 3-1 against them.

We need to have MS Mankato to win a few games - they are currently 25 in RPI so they are a TUC. If they drop below 25 we lose 2 wins against TUC.

Same for MTU - we are 3-1 against them.

yeah, im not counting on those to be a TUC in the end. every other wcha team will be though which is nice if they just keep winnng a few and losing a few.