SiouxSports.com Forum

UND HOCKEY GAME TV

octupus99

I called over to Overtime and they're showing the game tonight and Italian Moon says they are as well. BWW is saying no as of right now. Does anyone know how they show this? Is it satellite or what is the deal? WDAZ says they aren't giving us any surprises, so I don't know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called over to Overtime and they're showing the game tonight and Italian Moon says they are as well. BWW is saying no as of right now. Does anyone know how they show this? Is it satellite or what is the deal? WDAZ says they aren't giving us any surprises, so I don't know.

No doubt they'll have the b2 stream hooked up to their monitors.

My son called from Fargo and said that Buffalo Wildwings has it on TV tonight, so we're going there to eat supper and watch the game. Sure hope he's not mistaken.

If you can confirm that, post it as I'll come watch as well.

I called both the north & south BWW's. The guy at north one informed me that the game was not televised tonight (duh), the south one said that they are going to TRY to play it on their tv's with the webcast. So, if you head to the south BWW, there's a 50/50 shot the game will be on there.

Right now I'm sitting in a classroom with 17 demanding 5th graders, so I can't call them. I'm hoping my son did. If I find out for absolutely sure, I'll post it.

I called for you.

1501 42nd St SW, Fargo - (701) 356-9464 said yes, but can't guarentee if the webcast with be lost or not, said sometimes they lose it.

1515 19th Ave N, Fargo - (701) 280-9464

Said no.

I called for you.

1501 42nd St SW, Fargo - (701) 356-9464 said yes, but can't guarentee if the webcast with be lost or not, said sometimes they lose it.

1515 19th Ave N, Fargo - (701) 280-9464

Said no.

Thanks!

Stupid question alert!!!

Because my beautiful wife decided that we needed to move the computer, it is now very close to my tv. My PC has a port that says s-video out. What do I have to do to be able to use my tv as a monitor and watch the game on it? Usually I'm pretty 'puter savvy, but have never tried the s-video ever before. Is it as simple as plugging it into the computer? Or will I need to install some software?

Thanks for the help.

Stupid question alert!!!

Because my beautiful wife decided that we needed to move the computer, it is now very close to my tv. My PC has a port that says s-video out. What do I have to do to be able to use my tv as a monitor and watch the game on it? Usually I'm pretty 'puter savvy, but have never tried the s-video ever before. Is it as simple as plugging it into the computer? Or will I need to install some software?

Thanks for the help.

Does your Tv have a svideo input? If so, it should work. Svideo, however, is video only so if you want the audio also you'll have to connect audio outputs on the pc to audio inputs on the tv (left/right audio, optical, etc). Then all you need to do is select the right input in your tv's menu. Is your TV a hdtv with multiple inputs?

It will probably appear a bit blurry/soft as you are converting a pixel based output (PC) to a multiple line based input (TV).

Does your Tv have a svideo input?

Yes

If so, it should work. Svideo, however, is video only so if you want the audio also you'll have to connect audio outputs on the pc to audio inputs on the tv (left/right audio, optical, etc). Then all you need to do is select the right input in your tv's menu. Is your TV a hdtv with multiple inputs?

No. Just a regular old tv. 35" Sony. Heavier than hell. I con't know if I have the right connections for audio from my pc to the TV. I can always just listen to the TV.

It will probably appear a bit blurry/soft as you are converting a pixel based output (PC) to a multiple line based input (TV).

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

Yes

No. Just a regular old tv. 35" Sony. Heavier than hell. I con't know if I have the right connections for audio from my pc to the TV. I can always just listen to the TV.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

You'll also likely have to change some settings in your video card's drivers (display properties). There should be a "dual output", "display 2", or "secondary display" selection or something similar, depending on your video card (ati or nvidia?). Your card obviously supports this since you have a svideo output.

Stupid question alert!!!

Thanks for the help.

No software needed, but you will have to make a change in your display settings. Follow these instructions:

1. Click <Start>

2. Click <Control Panel> <----opens new window

3. Click <Appearance and Themes>

4. Click <Display> <----opens new window

5. Click <Settings> <---tab furthest to the right

6. Click <Advanced> <-----opens new window

7. Click <Displays> <-----furthers to the right on the bottom row

Now, at this point, there will be probably be 4 images(2 monitors, 1 TV, 1 FPD). You want to select the power type button on the top left of the TV box. This will make it so video is shown on your TV. Now, when you play videos, they won't show up on your monitor, only your TV. Your monitor will just have a black screen where the video is playing. Make sure you test this ahead of time to make sure it works.

All you have to do is unselect your TV in this same process to return your settings to normal.

Also, keep in mind this does not transfer sound, only the video signal. You can get adapters to run out of your speaker slot and into an A/V slot (Red/White) on your TV.

Hope this helps, this is the process I have to use to run my video out to my TV from my PC. I'm running XP.

Any questions just ask, and I'll keep an eye on this topic.

Does your Tv have a svideo input? If so, it should work. Svideo, however, is video only so if you want the audio also you'll have to connect audio outputs on the pc to audio inputs on the tv (left/right audio, optical, etc). Then all you need to do is select the right input in your tv's menu. Is your TV a hdtv with multiple inputs?

When I connect my Svideo cable to my TV, I can see my pc screen, but video won't show up unless I go through the steps listed above, even advertisement videos on webpages, they are just black.

When I connect my Svideo cable to my TV, I can see my pc screen, but video won't show up unless I go through the steps listed above, even advertisement videos on webpages, they are just black.

THose steps take you to your video card driver in display properties. Descriptions sounds like an ati card driver, nvidia will look different, and there are no doubt other cards with tv out (although the two mentioned are most common).

No software needed, but you will have to make a change in your display settings. Follow these instructions:

1. Click <Start>

2. Click <Control Panel> <----opens new window

3. Click <Appearance and Themes>

4. Click <Display> <----opens new window

5. Click <Settings> <---tab furthest to the right

6. Click <Advanced> <-----opens new window

7. Click <Displays> <-----furthers to the right on the bottom row

Now, at this point, there will be probably be 4 images(2 monitors, 1 TV, 1 FPD). You want to select the power type button on the top left of the TV box. This will make it so video is shown on your TV. Now, when you play videos, they won't show up on your monitor, only your TV. Your monitor will just have a black screen where the video is playing. Make sure you test this ahead of time to make sure it works.

All you have to do is unselect your TV in this same process to return your settings to normal.

Also, keep in mind this does not transfer sound, only the video signal. You can get adapters to run out of your speaker slot and into an A/V slot (Red/White) on your TV.

Hope this helps, this is the process I have to use to run my video out to my TV from my PC. I'm running XP.

Any questions just ask, and I'll keep an eye on this topic.

is this the same for vista windows? i got a new 50 inch plasma and a new laptop and got the pc cord to connect but havent tried it yet, thanks

azsioux, that's the same set up I have. Hook up laptop to plasma via pc cable and reboot laptop. Image should show on plasma but not laptop after reboot.

so just retart the laptop when i have the game up on the laptop?? sorry, just want to make sure i do it right