SiouxSports.com Forum

UND HOCKEY GAME TV

octupus99

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent Chris Johnson an email through the link on his faculty listing on Bethany's website. Maybe he'll respond with the info.

I received this reply from Chris Johnson at Bethany College:

Thanks for the note! It's great to here from viewers in the Twin Cities. Charter and Comcast just negotiated a deal to put all of Charter's college hockey weekend games on Comcast and MediaCom in Minnesota. There should be hockey games on pretty much every weekend until the end of the season. College Hockey Weekend covers Minnesota State- Mankato, University of Minnesota Duluth, St. Cloud State and Bemidiji State. Here's a list of our upcoming broadcast schedule:

Upcoming College Hockey Weekend Schedule (should all be on Comcast):

Friday, January 25, 7:30pm - St. Cloud State at Minnesota State-Mankato Saturday, January 26, 7:00pm - Minnesota State-Mankato at St. Cloud State

Friday, February 1, 7:30pm - Denver at Minnesota State-Mankato Saturday, February 2, 7:00pm - Denver at Minnesota State-Mankato

Friday, February 8, 7:30pm - University Alaska Anchorage at Minnesota State-Mankato Saturday, February 9, 7:00pm - University Alaska Anchorage at Minnesota State-Mankato

Friday, February 22, 7:30pm - Colorado College at University of Minnesota Duluth* Saturday, February 23, 7:30pm - Colorado College at University of Minnesota Duluth*

Friday, February 29, 7:00pm - University of Wisconsin at St. Cloud State* Saturday, March 1, 2:00pm - University of North Dakota at University of Minnesota-Duluth Saturday, March 1, 7:00pm - University of Wisconsin at St. Cloud State* Sunday, March 2, 2:00pm - University of North Dakota at University of Minnesota-Duluth

Friday, March 7, 7:30pm - Michigan Tech at Minnesota State-Mankato Saturday, March 8, 7:00pm - Michigan Tech at Minnesota State-Mankato

*Tentative broadcasts handled by other production crews.

Thanks again for your note and thanks for helping get the word out about these broadcasts. They can be seen on Charter Cable, MediaCom and now Comcast.

Let me know if you have any others questions or comments.

Chris

nope, afetrnoon games i believe for some reason and they are saturday/sunday games, cant remember

and the week before our home games vs bemidji state are at 3:37 each day on saturday/sunday

sioux schedule

Should have looked at the schedule. Your link now lists the Duluth series on FSSN. Looks like all those with Charter Cable, Midco Cable, or KU band systems will be able to watch the Duluth series.

Should have looked at the schedule. Your link now lists the Duluth series on FSSN. Looks like all those with Charter Cable, Midco Cable, or KU band systems will be able to watch the Duluth series.

Doubtful it will be on Wisco Charter, but maybe. With duluth being 4hrs from here, and a 2 pm start, I was thinking a one day roadtrip is very do-able

I realize this may now be old news, but P Sweeney just e-mailed me that they are still planning on televising the Duluth/UND hockey games.

Is this through FSSN? In Bemidji, there's two cable companies. One is local (Paul Bunyan TV, which has FSSN) and one is Comcast. Comcast won't let Paul Bunyan cable air their shows because they're competitors . . . :D

You'll also likely have to change some settings in your video card's drivers (display properties). There should be a "dual output", "display 2", or "secondary display" selection or something similar, depending on your video card (ati or nvidia?). Your card obviously supports this since you have a svideo output.

Was able to get everything to work reasonably well, but had some freeze-up issues of the video. It wasn't a buffering issue, as the sound would stay in real-time. Was this due to the signal strength from my wireless router? Or was it due to something else?

Ok can anyone help me figure this out? I hooked up the HDTV with the s video cable to the laptop and was able to see the videos on the TV from web like youtube and others off my hard drive but when the game was being broadcast live it showed the screen but not the live picture. The live video was on laptop but couldn't get it on the TV. I do use wireless internet but it doesn't seem to make sense to me. Any ideas???