SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

once the final 16 are set for the ncaa, it doesnt matter who you play, you have to be playing your best hockey to advance. whether we are a 1 or 2 seed, we will have to play two good teams to get to the frozen four, and then two more top teams to get #8. like az stated, we will need good goaltending (go jpl) and just play our game. i like the way this team looks right now! go sioux!!!

we are not allowing many shots that actually get through in front of phil. the shot total has been pretty low lately which is another huge advantage for the sioux.

last 4 games oppenents shot total

bsu friday - 18

bsu saturday - 13

du friday - 18

du saturday - 17

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how one game between Mankato and Nebraska-Omaha can have such an effect on the rankings. Things are incredibly volatile. It will be interesting to see how things shake out after this weekend, especially with the Princeton/Clarkson game - that game is supposed to really shake things up. With Duluth falling to a tie for 14 they are going to be even more hungry this weekend.

Amazing how one game between Mankato and Nebraska-Omaha can have such an effect on the rankings. Things are incredibly volatile. It will be interesting to see how things shake out after this weekend, especially with the Princeton/Clarkson game - that game is supposed to really shake things up. With Duluth falling to a tie for 14 they are going to be even more hungry this weekend.

That is unbelieveable isn't it? Now the Goofs are actually in the playoffs, while probably won't be at the end of the season. Heidi your favorite INCH podcast this past week said that the PWR ranking are one of the those things that you take a brief look at than look away. :whistling:

I think UND is pretty much in the NCAA tourney but I have a bad feeling that the Cupcake Miami is going to flip it's comparison with the Fighting Sioux.

That is unbelieveable isn't it? Now the Goofs are actually in the playoffs, while probably won't be at the end of the season. Heidi your favorite INCH podcast this past week said that the PWR ranking are one of the those things that you take a brief look at than look away. :D

I think UND is pretty much in the NCAA tourney but I have a bad feeling that the Cupcake Miami is going to flip it's comparison with the Fighting Sioux.

UW and SCSU split. You guys sweep SCSU for us. We sweep AA and take 3 from UMD and hello home ice and NCAAs :whistling:

That is unbelieveable isn't it? Now the Goofs are actually in the playoffs, while probably won't be at the end of the season. Heidi your favorite INCH podcast this past week said that the PWR ranking are one of the those things that you take a brief look at than look away. :D

Sioux vs Gophers in Albany ... it could happen :whistling:

Sioux vs Gophers in Albany ... it could happen :whistling:

Cornell's coach whined up a storm back in '03 when Cornell had to play MSU instead of their slated (CHA/AH) team, so I'm guessing if the WCHA is fixed in a 4/13 matchup they will be forced to play. I don't think it will happen though and all but four or maybe five WCHA teams will be bumped before the field is drawn.

UW and SCSU split. You guys sweep SCSU for us. We sweep AA and take 3 from UMD and hello home ice and NCAAs :whistling:

Easy gopherz! One weekend doesnt make us a good team. If we do what you wrote...we will be sitting nicely. Just let these guys talk the talk and we will sneak in an make our mark. :D One game at a time, a loss for us will be much more damaging than the loss for MSU. I still think home ice is out of reach, I would love for Wisco to fade and miss the tourney. I will be in Madison the weekend of the regional and would love to buy some tickets off of BaDger fans!!!! Way ahead of ourselves to think about the NCAA's.

Easy gopherz! One weekend doesnt make us a good team. If we do what you wrote...we will be sitting nicely. Just let these guys talk the talk and we will sneak in an make our mark. :D One game at a time, a loss for us will be much more damaging than the loss for MSU. I still think home ice is out of reach, I would love for Wisco to fade and miss the tourney. I will be in Madison the weekend of the regional and would love to buy some tickets off of BaDger fans!!!! Way ahead of ourselves to think about the NCAA's.

just shows the last 2-3 sports are up for grab between .500 teams. very simple. i dont think home ice will happen for the gophers with uw playing scsu this weekend 1 of them or both will grab 2 points. the badgers and gophers could both miss the tourney and final 5 as well. the big time games to determine if the badgers,gophers and msu will be the wcha best 2 of 3 playoffs. 2 straight losses and the team is done more than likely. you need to be a top 10 pairwise team to afford 2 losses. maybe winning game 2 and losing game 3 helps but sweeping uaa cant help you much can it? im not that deep of a pairwise person to knw the ins and outs of it. now 1 loss should kill you in the pairwise. either way i cant believe there is only 2 weeks left in wcha play. damn it goes fast and will be fun to watch

That is unbelieveable isn't it? Now the Goofs are actually in the playoffs, while probably won't be at the end of the season. Heidi your favorite INCH podcast this past week said that the PWR ranking are one of the those things that you take a brief look at than look away. :whistling:

My real worry about Miami passing us for a #1 seed is that we will probably get sent out to the Springs for the regional. The NCAA likes to do that to the WCHA - put the two toughest WCHA teams in the same bracket so they can minimize the chances of more than 1 WCHA team getting to the Frozen Four. They've done it the last couple of years with UND and the goofs.

Wouldn't it be fun to have enough WCHA teams in the tourney to have at least 2 if not 3 come out of the regionals to be able to "smile" back at the NCAA. Not going to happen, but it would be fun.

My real worry about Miami passing us for a #1 seed is that we will probably get sent out to the Springs for the regional. The NCAA likes to do that to the WCHA - put the two toughest WCHA teams in the same bracket so they can minimize the chances of more than 1 WCHA team getting to the Frozen Four. They've done it the last couple of years with UND and the goofs.

Wouldn't it be fun to have enough WCHA teams in the tourney to have at least 2 if not 3 come out of the regionals to be able to "smile" back at the NCAA. Not going to happen, but it would be fun.

all match ups will be very hard no matter what with there being 8 very good teams in the tourney that can do damage. if we have to go to CC then so be it. i still think the sioux win out to the final 5 and lock a 1 seed up, the key is having cc do the same to the final 5 and both will likely get 1 seeds. the wcha will end up with 4 or 5 teams i think. a couple will beat each other out in the wcha playoffs being they will be on the bubble when playing those games

I am sick and tired of everyone trying to convince us that Miami is a GREAT team now look in the Mirror we have Clarkson creaping back up the PWR. I remember how well that number one bid went last season. :whistling:

I am sick and tired of everyone trying to convince us that Miami is a GREAT team now look in the Mirror we have Clarkson creaping back up the PWR. I remember how well that number one bid went last season. :whistling:

i know we are better than miami but they are tied with us in the pairwisae with that msu loss last night so theres comparisons that could be flipped. my thinking is just win out to the final 5 and we will be fine for a 1 seed :D

Miami has not beaten anyone...only winning record against a tier 1 team is against Michigan State. They also beat SCSU in OT.

Split with Notre Dame, Lost and tied vs MI. They have only played 9 games against TUCs:

2-0 vs MI State

0-1-1 vs MI

1-1-0 vs Notre Dame

1-0-0 vs SCSU

2-0-0 vs Vermont

Miami has not beaten anyone...only winning record against a tier 1 team is against Michigan State. They also beat SCSU in OT.

Split with Notre Dame, Lost and tied vs MI. They have only played 9 games against TUCs:

2-0 vs MI State

0-1-1 vs MI

1-1-0 vs Notre Dame

1-0-0 vs SCSU

2-0-0 vs Vermont

They beat virtually everyone they are supposed to though, with FSU being an exception. They aren't the strongest team, but to say they are not a legitimate title contender is wrong I think.

They beat virtually everyone they are supposed to though, with FSU being an exception. They aren't the strongest team, but to say they are not a legitimate title contender is wrong I think.

Well I know the guys from INCH love them. In their most recent podcast they kept saying that Miami was the best team they have seen all year. Great in goal, sound defensively and offensively and were senior laden.

If Miami passes us I just hope we are a seed where we get put in their region.

The reality is we aren't going to know squat until after the first round of the playoffs. St Cloud State is the fastest moving team up the PWR and could even pass us if they can sweep both Wiscosin and us. To me they are a scary team with their firepower.

Let's go to Duluth and win Saturday and then see where we sit. Win Sunday too and then come home for the next two weekends. I love this time of year. My biggest fear when we play the first round at home is getting beat and not getting to see the boys in St Paul for the Final Five.

But I'm confident this year that we get to St Paul and win at least one game there.

a

I think that's the point. They played very few games against legitimate contenders. Michigan, Michigan State......

Who knows how good they are.

If I were to guess I'd say they were a good team, but they are not battle tested. They don't really know how to win a close one against good teams.

That said anything can happen in a one and done format. I just don't expect them to get out of the regional, and wouldn't mind seeing them in the regional.