SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our team appears to have just turned the corner and is finding their stride. I suspect Hakstol won't be wanting anybody to go out for a DQ right now unless they absolutely have to. There's no reason to try and change the team's fortunes by getting into an indiscriminate scrap aka Kaip last year. This time the team is starting to build momentum. You don't want to mess that up by having one of your key guys getting into a fight.

That said, if the Mavs push things too far the Sioux may finish it. But until that point I wouldn't expect to see Sioux players doing any instigating.

Radke's the man to finish it ... and take one (game) for the team.

I know Hak really likes Genoway on the blueline, but putting him with Oshie and Duncan really intrigues me the more I think about it.

You can have Lapoint and Marto play D and pair them with a veteran. i like CG on D as well but I think he's the missing piece to that line.

We just need the coach to get on board! :D

You can have Lapoint and Marto play D and pair them with a veteran. i like CG on D as well but I think he's the missing piece to that line.

We just need the coach to get on board! ;)

Lapoint and Finley would work and leave Jones with Marto. But the issue I see is if a D-man gets hurt, you couldn't pull Genoway off the top line for D and put Miller :D back in there. Radke to D? Fun to think about but I don't see it happening :huh:

Lapoint and Finley would work and leave Jones with Marto. But the issue I see is if a D-man gets hurt, you couldn't pull Genoway off the top line for D and put Miller :D back in there. Radke to D? Fun to think about but I don't see it happening :huh:

He moves Genoway around every week so what's the difference? If someone gets hurt during the game you can go with 5 def. c'mon oxbow, don't lose your faith on this one.

i've always said i like genoway best on the blueline, but i think lapointe and marto both deserve to be in there, so i'll jump on the d.o.g. wagon. why not, it's better than miller up there (apologies to any miller fanatics, i like him, just not on the top line). let the d.o.g. lead us to another sweep!! keep it rolling boys, go sioux!

i've always said i like genoway best on the blueline, but i think lapointe and marto both deserve to be in there, so i'll jump on the d.o.g. wagon. why not, it's better than miller up there (apologies to any miller fanatics, i like him, just not on the top line). let the d.o.g. lead us to another sweep!! keep it rolling boys, go sioux!

sorry, no harm with this but lapoint doesnt have an E at the end ;) hes american, not french canadian :D

sorry, no harm with this but lapoint doesnt have an E at the end ;) hes american, not french canadian ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but Derrick is French-Canadian, as I am. Somewhere back in history the forefathers dropped the e or so I have been told by mutual relatives. I am made up of the perfect combination of blood lines, Norweigen and French Canadian, at least that is what I tell the wife! :D:huh:;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but Derrick is French-Canadian, as I am. Somewhere back in history the forefathers dropped the e or so I have been told by mutual relatives. I am made up of the perfect combination of blood lines, Norweigen and French Canadian, at least that is what I tell the wife! :D;);)

thats cool and thanks for the info but there is NO e at the end and my point was he is from wisconsin ;)

or

Genoway Oshie Duncan

or we can just call it the PARISE line :D

Man that is an intriguing combination I never thought of. I can see the possibility of that being a line that would absolutely drive people nuts if the chemistry is there. It would be a tough combination to get the puck away from that group. Great suggestion, I would like to see it given a try.

Mankato's KTOE streams their games. It's at 1420 AM, so maybe you can pick that up?

Thanks!

And I too would be interested to see Genoway playing on a line with Duncan and Oshie.... I love the way that Chay plays! He'll drive to keep the puck in the zone while other players will simply chase it out of the zone and set up again.

Thanks!

And I too would be interested to see Genoway playing on a line with Duncan and Oshie.... I love the way that Chay plays! He'll drive to keep the puck in the zone while other players will simply chase it out of the zone and set up again.

Great idea - maybe the spark needed for the drive to # 8.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Derrick is French-Canadian, as I am. Somewhere back in history the forefathers dropped the e or so I have been told by mutual relatives. I am made up of the perfect combination of blood lines, Norweigen and French Canadian, at least that is what I tell the wife! ;):huh:;)

That's my combo too. I'm so glad I'm not the only perfect one around here. :D

I have a little Irish thrown in there too.

http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?p=3520...p;postcount=920

I guess my dream is Dead! It's either Derrick or Jake. :D #7-#16-#5 would click!

yeah i read that. sunds like lapoint will be in with and hak likes the 5 experienced d men as well. thats fine. i could care what the lineup looks like if we keep getting wins and more wins. go sioux

yeah i read that. sunds like lapoint will be in with and hak likes the 5 experienced d men as well. thats fine. i could care what the lineup looks like if we keep getting wins and more wins. go sioux

you have to admit the possiblity is intriguing... :D

What are the chances of Oshie and Duncan returning next year? Could we see Duncan, Oshie, and (David) Toews on a line...how sweet would that be? Or do I need to pass the crack pipe?

oshie will be gone as soon as we win #8 so sunday, april 13th will work and duncan probably will follow shortly as well, maybe st louis will offer him a free agent contract

the crack pipe isnt my thing but something else could work ;):D