SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected starters for 2008

SloStang

Who do you think will be the starters in 2008 for UND?

I started a thread at AnyGivenSaturday.com about GWFC team's projected starters for 2008. Come on over and see what other GWFC teams will look like in 2008 and/or take a shot at who you think will be UND's starters in 2008.

AnyGivenSaturday.com GWFC Link: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/foru...prune=&f=10

On offense:

Five really big guys who eat a lot. Behind them will be a guy who can throw the ball really far, really hard, and accurately. Behind that guy will be ... oh, wait, you probably meant names .... :D;)

More seriously:

Skill positions lose a WR (Dressler), a FB, and a TE. The OL will be pretty revamped (save for at center). There were four graduating seniors who saw playing time throughout the year.

The defense loses starters at RCB, a LB, and a DL and one backup DB. Yes just four seniors off the entire defense from 2007.

Just a guess on some of these positions, but here goes:

QB-Danny Freund*

RB-Ryan Chappell*

FB-Marcus Tibesar

WR-Brady Trenbeath*

WR-Alex Nicholas

TE-Blair Grover

LT-Kyle Bondy

LG-Brian Troen*

C-Mitch Braegelmann*

RG-Erik Moe

RT-Keith Queoff

DE-Jeff Richter

NG-Nate Wayne

DE-Nick Farstveet

OLB-Bobby Stroup*

ILB-Brett Holinka*

ILB-Ryan Kasowski

OLB-Jeff Tescher

CB-Drake Otto

FS-Rory Manke*

SS-Derek Malner

CB-Delano Saporu

K-Brandon Hellevang*

P-Derek VanZee

*-denotes returning all-conference or honorable mention all-conference players

QB-Danny Freund*

RB-Ryan Chappell*

FB-Marcus Tibesar

WR-Brady Trenbeath*

WR-Alex Nicholas

TE-Blair Grover

LT-Kyle Bondy

LG-Brian Troen*

C-Mitch Braegelmann*

RG-Erik Moe

RT-Keith Queoff

DE-Jeff Richter

NG-Nate Wayne

DE-Nick Farstveet

OLB-Bobby Stroup*

ILB-Brett Holinka*

ILB-Ryan Kasowski

OLB-Jeff Tescher

CB-Drake Otto

FS-Rory Manke*

SS-Derek Malner

CB-Delano Saporu

K-Brandon Hellevang*

P-Derek VanZee

'92,96' by your calculatons ND could be represented well. 9 ND kids, 7 WIS, 7 MN, and 1 MT. That could be a large number of ND kids on the feild. Especially the defensive side of the ball. I know these are only projections, but still pretty impressive.

How about the 4 linebackers you have projected, all ND boys!

• 1 month later...

QB-Danny Freund*

RB-Ryan Chappell*

FB-Marcus Tibesar

WR-Brady Trenbeath*

WR-Alex Nicholas

TE-Blair Grover

LT-Kyle Bondy

LG-Brian Troen*

C-Mitch Braegelmann*

RG-Erik Moe

RT-Keith Queoff

DE-Jeff Richter

NG-Nate Wayne

DE-Nick Farstveet

OLB-Bobby Stroup*

ILB-Brett Holinka*

ILB-Ryan Kasowski

OLB-Jeff Tescher

CB-Drake Otto

FS-Rory Manke*

SS-Derek Malner

CB-Delano Saporu

K-Brandon Hellevang*

P-Derek VanZee

Anyone wanna make any chances to this prediction/prospective lineup now that we've gone through headcoach and position coach changes as well as a recruiting class?

In my mind I think Rosario could start as well as Benjamin, and maybe Fonseca could get time or start as freshman.

Thoughts?

Anyone wanna make any chances to this prediction/prospective lineup now that we've gone through headcoach and position coach changes as well as a recruiting class?

In my mind I think Rosario could start as well as Benjamin, and maybe Fonseca could get time or start as freshman.

Thoughts?

As a fan I always like to see them redshirt incoming freshmen. By playing as a true freshman, they are trading what is usually their least productive year for what should be their most productive year (5th year).

Thoughts?

I would be surprised if any incoming freshman end up starting, there is just too much to adapt to from high school, and even more for the Canadian guys. Although, the way Mussman talks, there could be a chance that the redshirt will be pulled from Rosario, Fonseca, and Watkins.

Sounds like he could depart from the long standing Thomas/Lennon policy of redshirting by default, except for the cases of very special talents like Dressler and Kleinsasser of course.

I would be surprised if any incoming freshman end up starting, there is just too much to adapt to from high school, and even more for the Canadian guys. Although, the way Mussman talks, there could be a chance that the redshirt will be pulled from Rosario, Fonseca, and Watkins.

Sounds like he could depart from the long standing Thomas/Lennon policy of redshirting by default, except for the cases of very special talents like Dressler and Kleinsasser of course.

Creighton Schroyer will start in the offensive line somewhere. He is their most athletic and one of the strongest lineman they have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

QB-Danny Freund*

RB-Ryan Chappell*

FB-Marcus Tibesar

WR-Brady Trenbeath*

WR-Alex Nicholas

TE-Blair Grover

LT-Kyle Bondy

LG-Brian Troen*

C-Mitch Braegelmann*

RG-Erik Moe

RT-Keith Queoff

DE-Jeff Richter

NG-Nate Wayne

DE-Nick Farstveet

OLB-Bobby Stroup*

ILB-Brett Holinka*

ILB-Ryan Kasowski

OLB-Jeff Tescher

CB-Drake Otto

FS-Rory Manke*

SS-Derek Malner

CB-Delano Saporu

K-Brandon Hellevang*

P-Derek VanZee

Wait a minute, you forgot about Ryan Schwenzfeier on Defense, like the FS position I'd say, oh whoops I guess Manke has some inside connections, very typical.

Wait a minute, you forgot about Ryan Schwenzfeier on Defense, like the FS position I'd say, oh whoops I guess Manke has some inside connections, very typical.

Who is Ryan Schwenzfeier? There is a Joel Schwenzfeier. At least get names right before you troll on here. Manke is UND's best DB, that much I have seen.

Who is Ryan Schwenzfeier? There is a Joel Schwenzfeier. At least get names right before you troll on here. Manke is UND's best DB, that much I have seen.

My bad, it is Joel, his bro Aaron got shafted on playing time there too in my book, as for trolling dont you believe in freedom of speech, thats what forums are all about arent they? If you want to talk secretly most people I know use the phone or text or email, not forums so I will continue to be here, live with it.

My bad, it is Joel, his bro Aaron got shafted on playing time there too in my book, as for trolling dont you believe in freedom of speech, thats what forums are all about arent they? If you want to talk secretly most people I know use the phone or text or email, not forums so I will continue to be here, live with it.

Another uninformed opinion. I think Aaron would be the first to tell you that wasn't the case. Keep trying.:D

• 1 month later...

QB-Danny Freund*

RB-Josh Murray

FB-Marcus Tibesar

WR-Brady Trenbeath*

WR-Alex Nicholas

TE-Blair Grover

LT-Kyle Bondy

LG-Brian Troen*

C-Mitch Braegelmann*

RG-Erik Moe

RT-Keith Queoff

DE-Jeff Richter

NG-Nate Wayne or Nick Nolte

DE-Ward DeMontigny

OLB-Tyson Giles

ILB-Brett Holinka*

ILB-Ryan Kasowski

OLB-Jeff Tescher

CB-Drake Otto

FS-Rory Manke*

SS-Derek Malner

CB-Delano Saporu

K-Brandon Hellevang*

P-Hellevang

KR/PR Ismael Bamba

A few changes based upon departures and the depth chart in the spring game program (denoted in bold).