SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon show

GeauxSioux

McFeely blogged the following...Sioux TV show gets higher ratings than Bohl's show

Lennon's show (the coach has since left UND to take a job at Southern Illinois) drew a 9.0 rating and 29 share in the 10:30-11 p.m. time slot on Sunday nights on WDAY and WDAZ.

Bohl's show drew a 0 rating and 0 share in the 10:30-11 a.m. time slot on Sunday mornings on KXJB.

Another industry insider told me the actual viewer numbers were estimated to be this: About 15,000 households (homes with TVs on) watched the Sioux football show when it aired during the ratings period from 10:35 to 11:05 p.m. Sundays, while about 950 households (homes with TVs on) viewed the Bohl show when it aired during the ratings period from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Sundays.

For someone who want people to please act sanely, he sure knows how to stir the pot. :lol:

Apparently I should add the McFeely blog to my favorite links that discuss UND sports. I had no idea there was so much good talk going on there about UND.

Add Bisonville and Bisonsports.net while your at it. At Bisonsports, he makes no qualms about it that there will be a lot of UND talk.

Add Bisonville and Bisonsports.net while your at it. At Bisonsports, he makes no qualms about it that there will be a lot of UND talk.

I read McFeely today and totally agreed with what he had to say. There is way too much insulting and challenging of people's opinions with absolute stupid behavior. It would be nice to have a site where an IQ test was required before you could leave your opinion. Maybe if people had to use their real names the intelligence level would rise also.

I refuse to go to any Bison sites anymore because if you have an opinion that somehow "disrespects" the green and gold, your thoughts are ripped to no end. Isn't much fun if a discussion can't take place.

Mcfeely's blog

An industry insider passed along some television ratings information from the Fall 2007 ratings book for the Fargo-Moorhead market, which includes a wide swatch of eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota.

Fact that can be drawn from said information: A lot more people watched Dale Lennon's University of North Dakota football show than watched Craig Bohl's North Dakota State football show.

I've seen the ratings as well. Cold hard facts. And instead of blaming the ridiculous time slot for the Bohl show (10:30 a.m Sunday) or the inept station (kx4, or whatever they are called now), or the horrible Phil Hansen on LIVE tv, the Bison faithful are attacking the numbers as wrong, false, inflated, deflated, inaccurate, deceiving, etc. etc.

the headline should be "McFeely Stirs the POT - Again - YAWN!!" ;);) Just keep walking down the midway you stupid rubes!! THAT'S HIS JOB! A GUY WITH NO SELF-ESTEEM or NO JOURNALISTIC ETHICS....he just TRIES to piss you off (so you buy and read the paper - guess who wins morons?)

If you don't believe that...keep walking down the midway...have some cotton candy! ENJOY YOURSELF!!! SURE - you can win that big Teddy Bear - just costs a $1 to try??? :) At least Ryan Bakken uses semi-funny sarcasm instead on blatant anti-pandering...but then again, they're selling newspapers in FARGO :D

the actual word is "Gadfly" - definition here...

Linky....

GEEZ did ANYONE take any history classes in college? He's plying a 2000 year old bit here SOCRATES once tried! If it worked 20 CENTURIES ago...why does it stilll agitate Bison fans? Because their President knew him on a 1st name basis!

On the ndsu campus: "Hi Joe!"

"Hi Socky! You're looking good considering you've been dead for 2000 years!"

Socky: "SAME TO YOU!"

...and SCENE!....

I'd be curious to know the numbers for the CBS NFL pregram that was on right after at 11 am.

I have a hard time believing that people suddenly woke up at 10:55 and turned on the TV.

Wake up at 10:55! :D Church at 9, kids' Sunday school at 10, brunch at 11, Vikings at noon. I used to watch both shows on Sunday night. Now there's only one, and I scan the highlights of Bohl's show whenver. The time change was a poor decision.

The idea was move to 1030am in order to catch people before the early NFL game on CBS.

The one potential criticism is that Fargo is Vikings country so most people watch NFL on Fox.

I wish they would've tried to make that deal with KVRR but I'm guessing that Hoak was willing to plop the most money down to get the show.

If this thread is to guage the interest level of NDSU vs. UND Football, Perhaps this is a better indicator.

Average attendance for the 2007 Football season: 2007 Sioux - Approx 9,000

2007 Bison - Approx 18,000

Grand Forks population:49321

Fargo population:90599

Amazing how your approximate attendance figures are approximately the ratio of the populations of those two fine cities. :D

Grand Forks population:49321

Fargo population:90599

Amazing how your approximate attendance figures are approximately the ratio of the populations of those two fine cities. :D

Hmmm....not sure what to make of those figures. Where does the following fit in your analysis: SDSU 2007 average attendance (6 home football games) 11,218. Brookings is a town of about 19,000.

The idea was move to 1030am in order to catch people before the early NFL game on CBS.

The one potential criticism is that Fargo is Vikings country so most people watch NFL on Fox.

I wish they would've tried to make that deal with KVRR but I'm guessing that Hoak was willing to plop the most money down to get the show.

Yeah - those texas guys are BIG SPENDERS to promote a nd school.... :D

The numbers are being manipulated by someone who works for the Forum and is not being objective. Gee, think there is some animosity that NDSU is using the competitors for games now?

When you go back last year when the Bison show was in the same slot and UND at 11 it was...

Ages 25-54 group.

NDSU Bohl 1.2

UND Lennon .8

Has it changed that much in a year?

I found out that the ratings McFeely is using includes WDAY in Fargo and WDAY in Grand Forks! THe Bohl show only includes Fargo. Sunday night has way more viewers than Sunday morning.

So this begs the question...

Is there any value in the coaches show? The Bison are on the rise. THe Bison sold out every home game except for SUU who was 0-11 and theys till drew 15,000 for that game. Every Bison home game, except SUU, was on TV. They have taken the program to a higher level. You can have the coaches show! I'll take what we got.

The coach show is obviosly not effective.

I just realized I'm not acting sanely. McFooly better write a column about me!

Besides you can watch every Bohl show online and who doesn't tivo shows these days? You can watch it on the web. He has 2 radio shows too.

Are you telling me 3 times as mnay people watch the coaches show than go to a playoff game? Yeah the Sioux drew 5K for the playoffs.

gabe:

Before you award yourself the "Dick Tracy Investigator of the Week" decoder ring, please go back to the post that started this thread and then follow the link to the McFeely blog that started this conversation.

He discloses where he got the information from. He discloses (and disclaimers) who owns what and which runs where.

I'll even give you the first link: http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=302087

gabe:

Before you award yourself the "Dick Tracy Investigator of the Week" decoder ring, please go back to the post that started this thread and then follow the link to the McFeely blog that started this conversation.

He discloses where he got the information from. He discloses (and disclaimers) who owns what and which runs where.

I'll even give you the first link: http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=302087

Just because is discloses the fact he works for the Forum doesn't change it. He has an agenda. Clearly. It's like calling someone ugly and saying, but don't take any offense.

I think that NDSU should leave their coaches show on Sunday mornings. I think it is great that nobody watches it. Gabe probably shouldn't be so worried about attendance for home playoff games at UND since NDSU hasn't hosted a playoff game in about 20 years. He should worry about his own camp and less about what UND does. Why is it that NDSU fans are so worried about UND? It is like they are obsessed with UND and Grand Forks.