SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

Radke brought a hard nosed attitude. He got called on ticky tac and for sticking up for his teammates vs the talentless diving hacks.

I gave SCSU the benefit of the doubt prior to this series. Having gone there last night and watching tonight. The fans were worse than Gopher fans last night, and the replays of the cheap dives and bush-league play disgusted me.

They want to be mor ethan Gopher rejects and how good they are...play with some dignity. 1 and done, that's SCSU in the playoffs and most SCSU players in the ECHL.

Gosh, they fired me up...especially Roe. He seriously needs someone to feed him with their fist.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great win for thwe sioux, nice to see a 6 spot put up oin the board, man the room is spinning.......not funn, go sioux and lets keep it roliing...i predict 4 more wins in a row then ill check back and go fromt there............the oshjie strikes bak bizatches

great win for thwe sioux, nice to see a 6 spot put up oin the board, man the room is spinning.......not funn, go sioux and lets keep it roliing...i predict 4 more wins in a row then ill check back and go fromt there............the oshjie strikes bak bizatches

Have another drink.

Have another drink.

nah, done and back in action..buddy had a rough night as he lost a friend up where we are from so just went out with him..but thanks though

we are still 9th in the pairwise after another split so thats fine, lets get rollling, GO SIOUX

wow, check this out, 6 wcha teams in a row from 14-18 with a couple ties being bubblicious, uaa is the only team again not in the mix

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php

nice to see duncs with a 3 point night woth oshie getting a couple, kaip and vande as well. hope we can keep it rolling

Sorry about your friend's friend, AZ. I'v ebeen having a bit of a meltdown over cheap play. I guess I should try and regain my composure

oh no prob, thanks though....nice to see some goals! great job by the sioux overall...........this is a prime spot in our schedule to make a nice run. not saying who we are playing is easy but if we play our game which hasnt been consistent which i understand we can really make some noise in the pairwise and wcha standings

that northeastern win is looking better and better each weekend that passes. our whole non conference schedule so far are sitting all in top 13 in pairwise with BC being 13 , mich st 11, northeastern 7, unh 5 and then du and cc 2 and 3...

Solid win all around tonight that puts us in third place. And that should be our goal for the regular season. I don't want to hear about finishing in the top five or fighting for "the fifth and final home playoff spot". :D The goal of this team should be to finish third. It is doable. It is a reasonable expectation. 1st and 2nd are probably unreachable, but 3rd place is up for grabs. All we have to do is play more consistently game in and game out and I think we will secure it. Third place would give us a more favorable first round match-up and keep us out of the play-in game at the Final Five (no team has ever won the Final Five after playing on Thursday).

Bring on Michigan Tech! :lol:

oh no prob, thanks though....nice to see some goals! great job by the sioux overall...........this is a prime spot in our schedule to make a nice run. not saying who we are playing is easy but if we play our game which hasnt been consistent which i understand we can really make some noise in the pairwise and wcha standings

that northeastern win is looking better and better each weekend that passes. our whole non conference schedule so far are sitting all in top 13 in pairwise with BC being 13 , mich st 11, northeastern 7, unh 5 and then du and cc 2 and 3...

You're not from Glyndon are you?! I know a guy that was just killed and that's where he's from...

You're not from Glyndon are you?! I know a guy that was just killed and that's where he's from...

no , bemidji......but my buddies good friend was from red lake indian reservation which is a very scary place to live as im sure we all know

Hennesy just went off on the official Todd Anderson basically calling the officiating a joke. :lol: I do think Hennessy has a point

how does a guy cross check our guy into our net and our guys react to it and we end up with a 5-3 disadvantage?

Then Tim says look for the make up call and it comes. So does that make him a halo? :D

I've never forgiven Motzko for parroting Lucia with the "whenever there is a fight you know the Sioux are involved".

I guess you know why SCSU is the least penalized team in the league right at the start of the game when they play technopop dance music to start the game. Whoop Whoop, let's dance, ladies!

We found it hard to believe they could cross-check our player in the back, after the whistle, and not get called. After the game the SCSU broadcast was interviewing Chris Anderson. He mentioned how the Sioux love to take shots after the whistle, and yap. He said that Motzko, in warning them to stay out of that kind of stuff, told them this before the game, and that "pretty much the whole league knows that's how they are". Well, just like the Badgers, look who is participating in the after the whistle stuff?

Anyone else see Motzko call VV a f***ing pu**y on that last penalty call, I didn't see VV do anything.

I would love to know for sure if this happened.

St Clown disappoints me with their cheap ass play. Roe might be the worst diver in the league and the most mouthy player. I think he should get his arse kicked. His cheap play makes me actually route for someone to kick his arse.

This was a great game to have a nice lead, because it allowed us to laugh at and mock Roe quite a bit. He was often whining to the officieals about being manhandled by the big, bad Sioux. The kid is a very skilled and talented hockey player, but needs to realize he's playing a man's game now.

Hak:

* Phil was on tonight. Making up a bit for last night. He was ready.

* PK strategy was to let them have the outside. And its tough to let them carry the puck around.

* SC didn't adapt by starting to bomb it from outside, and we let them pass around the perimeter.

I read the posts in last night's thread about the goalie needing to "make all the saves they are supposed to and a couple they aren't supposed to". Tonite, from what I saw, I thought Phil did that. In the 2nd period he snared a wrist shot over his left shoulder that I thought for sure was going to be a goal (same shot that Duncan beat Dunn with), and he also dived across the crease during a mad scramble to knock the puck away at the last moment when a Husky player was going to push it into the net.

Phil saved the Sioux bacon on a few occasions tonite when some bad decisions led to SCSU opportunities.

It was interesting that near the end of the game, when SCSU was on the PP, my buddy pointed out that SCSU had NO ONE in the middle. All 5 guys were on the perimeter, and passing the puck around to each other.

People who do special ed work should be nominated for sainthood.

Knowing Siouxdonyms a little, I'd suggest we try parking him in Purgatory for a while, for starters.

Great game to watch tonite. Sioux played hard and took advantage of their opportunities, I thought. Or most of them anyway.

Still making some ill-advised plays with the puck in their own end, or failing to work the puck out when a chance exists which led to SCSU goals or good opportunities. This happened too many times. Eliminate those mistakes and the Sioux would be a tough team to beat. SCSU is a very talented offensive team, and they made most of those mistakes into good opportunities. It was fortunate that they did not score more.

Great work by Zajac and especially Frattin to get the puck to the open Watkins for that 3rd goal.

Roe may be a whiner, but he has amazing puck handling skills. It was actually fun/scary to watch him on the PP when he had some time and space because he was so shifty and it was hard to determine where he was going with the puck.

VandeVelde showed some very very strong work on the boards.

I thought Martens had a good game tonite, at least offensively.

How about Finley as a +5 tonite? That's got to be hard to do.

Genoway was a +4.

Duncan was a beast tonite. Effective in all phases of the game.

Hopefully the Sioux can build on this for next weekend.

Nice to see 01grad (congratulations!), BigChief, Hrkac, NorthDakotaHockey, (Shawn-O was that you at Searles before the game? Was going to say hi but we were in a hurry to get to the arena and you looked, shall we say, pre-occupied?). Stood by a nice fella and his young son from down here in the Cities who were up for the game. Lots of great Sioux fans all over the place. I think the Sioux fans were as loud as the SCSU fans were.

We found it hard to believe they could cross-check our player in the back, after the whistle, and not get called. After the game the SCSU broadcast was interviewing Chris Anderson. He mentioned how the Sioux love to take shots after the whistle, and yap. He said that Motzko, in warning them to stay out of that kind of stuff, told them this before the game, and that "pretty much the whole league knows that's how they are". Well, just like the Badgers, look who is participating in the after the whistle stuff?

Thats the thing that amazes me. Everyone talks about how dirty the SIoux play but every team we play is more than willing to join in, or in SCSU's case, start stuff after the whistle. If teams truly believed UND was dirty, they would not fight back and let us take the penalty. Of course, you can't do that when you are the cause of the scrums unless Anderson is reffing.

Thats the thing that amazes me. Everyone talks about how dirty the SIoux play but every team we play is more than willing to join in, or in SCSU's case, start stuff after the whistle. If teams truly believed UND was dirty, they would not fight back and let us take the penalty. Of course, you can't do that when you are the cause of the scrums unless Anderson is reffing.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw Motzko go off on Vandy. Real classy coaching. Also before the game I was sitting next to 2 St. Cloud fans and they asked what the Sioux had against Roe and I jis had to laugh later after the 2nd period when I saw Roe complaining looking like he was ready to cry to Anderson. I lost what little respect I had for that little whiney s&!t.

I got the same thing from an SCSU grad at work after the gopher series.

Something about how the Sioux really lived up to their name, Fighting Sioux.

Some people just don't know that hockey is supposed to be a physical sport, apparently.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw Motzko go off on Vandy. Real classy coaching. Also before the game I was sitting next to 2 St. Cloud fans and they asked what the Sioux had against Roe and I jis had to laugh later after the 2nd period when I saw Roe complaining looking like he was ready to cry to Anderson. I lost what little respect I had for that little whiney s&!t.

Can someone explain the whole incident. Opposing coaching shouldn't be yapping at the opposition players, that is unclassy. It's not like Vandy is a dirty player.

I got the same thing from an SCSU grad at work after the gopher series.

Something about how the Sioux really lived up to their name, Fighting Sioux.

Some people just don't know that hockey is supposed to be a physical sport, apparently.

Hockey is a contact sport, if they don't want to be hit play golf. :0:):D:lol:

Great win and fan support again for the Sioux. A buddy of mine from St.Cloud was very impressed with all the fans we had in attendance. I was hoping that Dunn would have finished the game so I could shout, "It's Over Dunn!" I thought the same about Roe, saw him whine a lot. Looking forward to the next series. Anyone in the St.Cloud area can watch the Sioux home games at Ultimate Sports Bar in Waite Park with a lot of great Sioux fans.

I would love to know for sure if this happened.

I saw it. Sioux-cia and I were at Overtime to watch the game, sitting right in front of a TV. I read his lips and looked at Sioux-cia and asked if she saw it. She didn't, but I was almost possitive thats what he said. Very classy, coach. :D

I'm probably looking through green colored glasses but it seems to me that when we do mix it up after the whistle it's in retaliation for something they did.

The bottom line is that it would be the easiest thing in the world to stop. The referee's have to call it. They don't and we get it.

Don't blame the amateur athletes. Blame the well paid officials.

I saw it. Sioux-cia and I were at Overtime to watch the game, sitting right in front of a TV. I read his lips and looked at Sioux-cia and asked if she saw it. She didn't, but I was almost possitive thats what he said. Very classy, coach. :D

We need to get this posted on Youtube and let the world know what a piece of work Motzko is.

Um, well someone needs to post it as I don't have the video, but if i did......