SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gimme some ideas for some t-shirts and I'll make them up -as a protest. Unless you think it will only make matters worse.

I'll start:

If it was only piss - you must dismiss!

Ur-ine trouble if you think this will stop the OSH!

There should be no suspension involving urine retention.

Then maybe put "Pissgate 2008" on the bottom or back.

Gimme some ideas for some t-shirts and I'll make them up -as a protest. Unless you think it will only make matters worse.

I'll start:

Although I do not condone a protest, the piss you must dimiss one is a classic.

I'll start:

Or maye a little green Calvin wearing a number 7 pissing on the letters GFPD?

if i have had a few adult beverages at the sioux game, the drive home (which is only an hour) usually needs to be broken up for a pit stop, me not driving of course. an hour and a half in an elevator could get pretty miserable. although i am not condoning pissing in the elevator, i can definately sympathize. very weak arrest by the gfpd, too bad tj has to miss a game for this.

IF YOU ARE LOCKED IN ROOM WITH NO BATHROOM AND THERE IS NO WAY OUT, IS THIS A CRIME. I WAS TOLD BY A LEGAL PERSON THAT THERE IS A CLAUSE THAT IF YOU ARE IN THIS SITUATION IT IS NOT A D.C.!!!! AGANIN GFPD WILL BE LOOKING LIKE THEY GOT IT WRONG AGAIN!!! BINA'S CASE WAS THROWN OUT OF COURT. AS THIS WILL BE ALSO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERE WAS A UND STUDENT WHO WAS CHARGED WITH MURDER ONE MONTH AGO!!! THERE WAS NOT NEAR THE OUTRAGE ABOUT THAT AS THERE IS IN TJ'S CASE!! THIS IS SAD---MAYBE WE (SIOUXSPORTS MEMBERS) NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS? MAYBE SPENDING SOME OF OUR TIME PRAYING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THERE LIFE TORE APART BY THAT?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

IF YOU ARE LOCKED IN ROOM WITH NO BATHROOM AND THERE IS NO WAY OUT, IS THIS A CRIME. I WAS TOLD BY A LEGAL PERSON THAT THERE IS A CLAUSE THAT IF YOU ARE IN THIS SITUATION IT IS NOT A D.C.!!!! AGANIN GFPD WILL BE LOOKING LIKE THEY GOT IT WRONG AGAIN!!! BINA'S CASE WAS THROWN OUT OF COURT. AS THIS WILL BE ALSO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERE WAS A UND STUDENT WHO WAS CHARGED WITH MURDER ONE MONTH AGO!!! THERE WAS NOT NEAR THE OUTRAGE ABOUT THAT AS THERE IS IN TJ'S CASE!! THIS IS SAD---MAYBE WE (SIOUXSPORTS MEMBERS) NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS? MAYBE SPENDING SOME OF OUR TIME PRAYING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THERE LIFE TORE APART BY THAT?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Tell that to the GFPD, Herald.

Death is not a very comfortable thing to talk about. I'm guessing many prayers have gone out to that family.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

You mean this? :lol:

Linky

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/oth...suspended_N.htm

Another fine example of professional journalism.

Here are some Don Henley Lyrics to go with that article.

I make my living off the evening news

Just give me something-something I can use

People love it when you lose,

They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here

I just have to look good, I dont have to be clear

Come and whisper in my ear

Give us dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who

Comes on at five

She can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam

In her eye

Its interesting when people die-

Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?

Is the head dead yet?

You know, the boys in the newsroom got a

Running bet

Get the widow on the set!

We need dirty laundry

You dont really need to find out whats going on

You dont really want to know just how far its gone

Just leave well enough alone

Eat your dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up

Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre stiff

Kick em all around

Dirty little secrets

Dirty little lies

We got our dirty little fingers in everybodys pie

We love to cut you down to size

We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo

We can dance and sing

When its said and done we havent told you a thing

We all know that crap is king

Give us dirty laundry!

I'm going to patent the "Elevator Monkey".

Press a button and monkey comes out, gets up on the roof of the elevator car, climbs the cables, and gets help.

For an extra $1000 we'll add the supplementary "comes back with a bed pan" feature. :lol:

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Well, this board is here to talk Fighting Sioux sports, and specifically in this area, men's hockey. That might be your first clue as to why there was a difference.

Lots of righteous indignation by a bunch of posters who supposedly were "in the know" about the circumstances of Oshie's arrest but no one was willing to share the apparently "true" details. To this point we still haven't any official confirmation, though we are supposed to believe the rumors now when we were criticised for not "having the facts" earlier.

Then, there's still the small matter of Hakstol's 1 game suspension. THAT happens all the time to star players.

If this rumor is true, and the facts as they have been presented to this point are accurate, I would agree this is a pretty silly situation, and I feel for Oshie. But Hak suspended him for a reason, and I don't think any one of the rest of us posters disappointed to see the star player sitting out a game for his after-hours conduct should be thrown under the bus.

The first thing I heard and it was on Sunday... "I heard oshie got arrested last night for peeing in public... or at least that's what my neighbor told me!" Direct quote from my buddy who lives by some people who know some people.. I didn't even believe any part of the story until wednesday when I read he got arrested... take it as is... for the record I got caught peeing in my dorm hallway...and know numerous numerous people that piss themselves everytime they drink... We are in college... sht happens... especially if you are stuck in an elevator when you have been drinking.... leave oshie alone, the world still turns...

Thanks AZSIOUX for giving me the other option, would have been lost without it :lol:;):sad:

:lol:

sorry, just want to lay it out there for people who arent sure. he could be playing top 2 lines right now for st louis but he chose to come back to UND for this season and make a run at a title. so you would think its pretty clear that this is his last season but some dont realize that. either way lets go kick some husky azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tonight

Well, this board is here to talk Fighting Sioux sports, and specifically in this area, men's hockey. That might be your first clue as to why there was a difference.

Lots of righteous indignation by a bunch of posters who supposedly were "in the know" about the circumstances of Oshie's arrest but no one was willing to share the apparently "true" details. To this point we still haven't any official confirmation, though we are supposed to believe the rumors now when we were criticised for not "having the facts" earlier.

Then, there's still the small matter of Hakstol's 1 game suspension. THAT happens all the time to star players.

If this rumor is true, and the facts as they have been presented to this point are accurate, I would agree this is a pretty silly situation, and I feel for Oshie. But Hak suspended him for a reason, and I don't think any one of the rest of us posters disappointed to see the star player sitting out a game for his after-hours conduct should be thrown under the bus.

NO RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION HERE. NOT MENT TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO GOES WITH THE HERALD OR WDAZ OR GFPD ON THIS KIND OF THING.

I AM NOT "in the know" I JUST HAVE LEARNED THAT WHEN GFPD IS CONCERNED YOU NEED TO LOOK A LITTLE DEEPER. WHEN THEY BRING CHARGES AGAINST A "STAR ATHLETE"

IT IS NOT A CRIME TO PEE WHEN YOU ARE LOCKED IN A ROOM OR A ELAVATOR. WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO TAKE A PISS!! I FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND AFTER BINA'S CASE WAS THROWN OUT OF COURT, AND NOW THIS COME ON LET'S ASK OUR GFPD TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ASK DID WE MAKE A MISTAKE ON THIS ONE ALSO?

HOW ABOUT ROBBIE ------------HE SURE GOT A LOT OF PRESS FOR CHARGES THAT COULDN'T STAND THE LIGHT OF DAY IN COURT--THEY WERE TOSSED OUT OF COURT ------IF TJ'S ARE ALSO TOSSED OUT OF COURT I THINK THAT WOULD BE A PATTERN!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

NO RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION HERE. NOT MENT TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO GOES WITH THE HERALD OR WDAZ OR GFPD ON THIS KIND OF THING.

I AM NOT "in the know" I JUST HAVE LEARNED THAT WHEN GFPD IS CONCERNED YOU NEED TO LOOK A LITTLE DEEPER. WHEN THEY BRING CHARGES AGAINST A "STAR ATHLETE"

IT IS NOT A CRIME TO PEE WHEN YOU ARE LOCKED IN A ROOM OR A ELAVATOR. WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO TAKE A PISS!! I FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND AFTER BINA'S CASE WAS THROWN OUT OF COURT, AND NOW THIS COME ON LET'S ASK OUR GFPD TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ASK DID WE MAKE A MISTAKE ON THIS ONE ALSO?

HOW ABOUT ROBBIE ------------HE SURE GOT A LOT OF PRESS FOR CHARGES THAT COULDN'T STAND THE LIGHT OF DAY IN COURT--THEY WERE TOSSED OUT OF COURT ------IF TJ'S ARE ALSO TOSSED OUT OF COURT I THINK THAT WOULD BE A PATTERN!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I think it sucks that Robbie had to go through all of that bad press! :lol: I don't remember seeing a bunch of newscasts on how the charges were dropped...definitely not a headline in any paper I read... ;)

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I think you shout when you post. ;):lol: