SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

At no time did I ever say that TJ didn't do something, he did and is paying for it. What I'm talking about is the completely over-dramatic reaction of some people. Some of you act like this is going to cause you, your children, and your grandchildren loss of sleep and countless trips to the therapist for the next few years. Deal with it. I hope the sioux hockey program is big enough, and strong enough that one single player can not completely undermine the whole thing. If that is what some of you think then you really don't think much of our program. You will see how completely ridiculous this whole thing is, and some of you will feel very stupid, at which time I expect to see a few long posts of apology and shame. I'm sure that will never happen, cause it's easy to point fingers and accuse, but not near as easy to say"I'm sorry, I was wrong." Time will tell.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will see how completely ridiculous this whole thing is, and some of you will feel very stupid, at which time I expect to see a few long posts of apology and shame. I'm sure that will never happen, cause it's easy to point fingers and accuse, but not near as easy to say"I'm sorry, I was wrong." Time will tell.

Please Obi-wan, enlighten me...

Which part is ridiculous, the fact he got busted, twice, within a year, or that myself and some other people are disappointed with that fact?

And, exactly who needs to apologize here? You are the only one I read throwing out insults...

Please Obi-wan, enlighten me...

Which part is ridiculous, the fact he got busted, twice, within a year, or that myself and some other people are disappointed with that fact?

And, exactly who needs to apologize here? You are the only one I read throwing out insults...

I'm truly sorry that you and others a having such a hard time coming to terms with something this trivial. This is beyond my capacity to help you, please seek the services of someone more qualified to deal with this issue.

At no time did I ever say that TJ didn't do something, he did and is paying for it. What I'm talking about is the completely over-dramatic reaction of some people. Some of you act like this is going to cause you, your children, and your grandchildren loss of sleep and countless trips to the therapist for the next few years. Deal with it. I hope the sioux hockey program is big enough, and strong enough that one single player can not completely undermine the whole thing. If that is what some of you think then you really don't think much of our program. You will see how completely ridiculous this whole thing is, and some of you will feel very stupid, at which time I expect to see a few long posts of apology and shame. I'm sure that will never happen, cause it's easy to point fingers and accuse, but not near as easy to say"I'm sorry, I was wrong." Time will tell.

I think you still miss the point or refuse to acknowledge it at least. Even if the charges are dropped - he was in a place where he shouldn't oughta been doing SOMETHING that has caused his coach to say "I am dissapointed right now". What scenario could play out that would make us all say "Ohhh. Now I get it! "? I just don't see one. If Hak is "dissapointed" - why aren't you? And if you are - why do you think the rest of us are over-reacting? Someone said in an earlier post they were upset b/c they had to explain to their kids that their hero (my word not hers) was arrested again. How is that "completely over-dramatic?" For someone who seems to be an expert on "over-drama" - seems you would have an easier time not using it in your own posts.?

I think that this whole thing is being blown WAY out of proportion.

No way this is just the kind of news that deserves national attention. :lol: When TJ misses a hockey game the world needs to know! :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/oth...suspended_N.htm

Wow! TJ in USA Today. What was heinous nature of his crime? Waking up sleeping neighbors? Sterio too loud? Used a swear word on Sunday morning?

I think you still miss the point or refuse to acknowledge it at least. Even if the charges are dropped - he was in a place where he shouldn't oughta been doing SOMETHING that has caused his coach to say "I am dissapointed right now". What scenario could play out that would make us all say "Ohhh. Now I get it! "? I just don't see one. If Hak is "dissapointed" - why aren't you? And if you are - why do you think the rest of us are over-reacting? Someone said in an earlier post they were upset b/c they had to explain to their kids that their hero (my word not hers) was arrested again. How is that "completely over-dramatic?" For someone who seems to be an expert on "over-drama" - seems you would have an easier time not using it in your own posts.?

You, and the rest of the "I can't deal with this thing" people would be equally outraged if Hak had done nothing. I guess there is no pleasing you guys, it seems you just need something to whine about. I have a hard time believing that these kids are so disappointed and traumatized by this that their parents can't deal with it, please, that's ridiculous. If that is true, maybe they do need to look at themselves first and be a better role model for their kids.

You, and the rest of the "I can't deal with this thing" people would be equally outraged if Hak had done nothing. I guess there is no pleasing you guys, it seems you just need something to whine about. I have a hard time believing that these kids are so disappointed and traumatized by this that their parents can't deal with it, please, that's ridiculous. If that is true, maybe they do need to look at themselves first and be a better role model for their kids.

i think you forgot to take your ridline!

No way this is just the kind of news that deserves national attention. :D When TJ misses a hockey game the world needs to know! :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/oth...suspended_N.htm

Wow! TJ in USA Today. What was heinous nature of his crime? Waking up sleeping neighbors? Sterio too loud? Used a swear word on Sunday morning?

stupid AP! the herald or some freelance reporter wrote that article and hoped the AP would pick it up and unfortantly they did! But on the other hand it gives the university some coverage :lol:

stupid AP! the herald or some freelance reporter wrote that article and hoped the AP would pick it up and unfortantly they did! But on the other hand it gives the university some coverage :lol:

Just wait until they start doing timeline pieces like this.

Contrary to popular "wisdom", not all press is good press.

somebody said he was in a place where he shouldn't be? he shouldn't be in the elevator at his place of residence? ok

we have no idea what happened but already everybody wants to harp on t.j. i've dealt with a lot of small town cops that have nothing better to do than write some bogus ticket cuz they can.

i don't care if its his second offense, it still sounds like a very minor offense.

i know this is a discussion board and everybody is entitled to their opinion, but i just think there are a lot of old timers that can't remember what life is like at 21.

This is a forum. A forum is a place where people post their opinions (and other stuff). This is the reason forums exist. Do not be suprised if someone thinks yours is wrong. Do not be suprised if someone calls your kid a "fat little bastard" even if it has nothing to do with the topic.

In my opinion we are all accountable for our actions and this accountability grows when your actions affect more people (i.e. a team). If you are not acting accountably - to your team, fans , self, etc. - it warrants AT LEAST a few people questioning your judgement. I believe any of the players on any team would agree with that. When we screw up as young'uns - we expect to either A. get away with it. - or B. deal with the consequences. BUT NOT C. - expect to get caught AND get away with it. I for one am thankful that my parents and community told me when I did something wrong and made me accountable for it - rather than saying "I know this is your second arrest in less than two months - but boys will be boys!" I turned out bad enough the way it is without having to deal with people doing me the "favor" of never pointing out my errors in judgement.

Being a great person and having some lapses in judgement are not mutually exclusive. TJ IS a great kid. He DID screw up. It IS not only sane, but warranted to call into question his actions and tell the rest of the Sioux fans how you think. Even if the charges are dropped I just don't see how questioning his judgement is out of line. All the people trying to make their point by saying "He is obviously an axe murderer and hates puppies and old people and should be cut from the team..." Lame. Although as I said above - this IS the place to say it (even if its lame). I love the guy -but I'm not going to make any excuses for him, and I am sure HE is not going to make any either - there seem to be plenty of people who will do it for him anyway.

OK - let 'er fly!

Very well said.

Just wait until they start doing timeline pieces like this.

Contrary to popular "wisdom", not all press is good press.

man looking at all those charges though, they are all bull$%!# charges (they all merit getting into trouble but its college kids being college kids) except Bina's DUI! But I must say that with becoming a D1 school we will be seeing a lot more of this than expected!

Boy Named Sioux- Although I have to agree with the Triouxper that this is blown out of proportion. You must realize one thing. Their are people on this message board known as drama queens. The Triouxper is one of them. Whether there is a reason to complain or not you can bet that they are gonna be complaining. I know it sucks but you cannot have an opinion that differs with these certain few. Trust me its a lost cause.

man looking at all those charges though, they are all bull$%!# charges (they all merit getting into trouble but its college kids being college kids) except Bina's DUI! But I must say that with becoming a D1 school we will be seeing a lot more of this than expected!

and on that USCHO board that Denver guy should be the last person reporting on bad behavior! wasnt it a Denver player who got charged with rape a few years back?

Boy Named Sioux- Although I have to agree with the Triouxper that this is blown out of proportion. You must realize one thing. Their are people on this message board known as drama queens. The Triouxper is one of them. Whether there is a reason to complain or not you can bet that they are gonna be complaining. I know it sucks but you cannot have an opinion that differs with these certain few. Trust me its a lost cause.

That's a new one, drama queen. The only problem is that most of the time I'm 100% right, and you and other's just have a difficult time coming to terms with that as well. What really amazes me is the unbelievable number of people that need serious help, I knew it was bad, but not this bad.

OK after reading everything in this thread, I must say that I think that people are making way to much out of this. Disorderly Conduct is such a minor thing. I was charged with this as a minor, and it was a charge just to charge me with something. A person threw a party at my house while my parents were out of town, and I got into to it with this person. Not one punch was thrown and it was nothing more then a minor confrontation and because other people thought it might end in a fight they called the cops and we were both charged with D.C. As I said it is no big deal.

I love watching Oshie and I am really wishing I could get a ticket to saturdays game so I can cheer him on.

Go Sioux.

well - yes and no as an arrest while on supervised release (or probation or whatever we want to call it) is not a good thing - even for littering

That's a new one, drama queen. The only problem is that most of the time I'm 100% right, and you and other's just have a difficult time coming to terms with that as well. What really amazes me is the unbelievable number of people that need serious help, I knew it was bad, but not this bad.

How can you be right most of the time but still be 100% right? :lol:

Hey awesome quote.

Brian Fantana: 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make any sense.

Do us a favor and stop posting. You sound more and more like a deranged lunatic every time you post.