SiouxSports.com Forum

Reason to be Possitve...

Goon

I have read a lot of goom and doom and I have been unhappy with a few of the things I have seen from the Sioux, however, there is some room for positives.

~Trupp is starting to emerge as quality player

~Frattin has shown flashes of greatness

~The Sioux have not been swept this year; Yet... Last season the Sioux were swept by UAA, Wisconsin, MTU, Maine.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a solid, not great, team. This team will not get to where they want to go--FF in Denver unless Chorney and co. start playing up to their talent level. To say they have regressed as a D unit is an understatement. And Oshie is still not 100% after 3 weeks off which is not good. Will UND make the big tourney--yes, but after that???

Potential should start becoming strong play on the ice at this point in the season :D

We have a solid, not great, team. This team will not get to where they want to go--FF in Denver unless Chorney and co. start playing up to their talent level. To say they have regressed as a D unit is an understatement. And Oshie is still not 100% after 3 weeks off which is not good. Will UND make the big tourney--yes, but after that???

Potential should start becoming strong play on the ice at this point in the season :D

Maybe Hak and co will start calling players out and making examples.

Maybe Hak and co will start calling players out and making examples.

Look at Miller. Should be 2nd line talent and now can't get on the ice because he has be aweful this year. And why doesn't Marto play every night over Jones? I question a true team leader in the locker room to hold the others accountable. Toews and Fabian seemed to have everyone's ear last year.

another one of these ey goon :D

Too much negativity around here. A least we didn't lose to RIT.

Now if that happened I would be bummed out.

Last night some person was already throwing the Drinking accusation in the lobby after the loss.

I don't like people saying that one unless they have proof.

Look at Miller. Should be 2nd line talent and now can't get on the ice because he has be aweful this year. And why doesn't Marto play every night over Jones? I question a true team leader in the locker room to hold the others accountable. Toews and Fabian seemed to have everyone's ear last year.

Jones played Friday. Not sure about last night.

Forney sure looked great on Saturday. He was the fastest player on the ice, by alot, and created a number of chances. The only down side is he missed a wide open net that could have effectively iced the game.

Radke and apparently Forney looked good this weekend (I say apparently Forney because I didn't see Saturday's game).

Maybe this is the impulse to get Forney and Radke back into the lineup more. Miller hasn't played well and Martens just started showing signs of life last weekend...

I rarely post on here but to say Jones should be the defenseman sitting is crazy. He is probably the only d man that didn't get burned last night and is the most solid defensively that we have. Sit one of the other guys who forgot how to play defense this year.

I don't think Jones has looked that bad this season, he is not taking a lot of penalties and he is not standing out as being horrible like some have said. I think some key guy have made some bad mistakes at the wrong times. I still think they are ahead of last years effort so far. IMHO... :D

I don't think Jones has looked that bad this season, he is not taking a lot of penalties and he is not standing out as being horrible like some have said. I think some key guy have made some bad mistakes at the wrong times. I still think they are ahead of last years effort so far. IMHO... :D

Based on talent and experience, ahead of last year?? Jones is ok defensively but gives you nothing from an offensive standpoint. Marto looks better everytime out. It would just be nice to see consistant defense instead of what they, as a collective group, have been playing. If Chorney figures out what is going on soon this team will make a leap in wins. When he is out on the ice as much as he is and is just not producing anything that hurt in all aspects. Not saying he is the reason we struggle, but his play has been very disaapointing!!

Based on talent and experience, ahead of last year?? Jones is ok defensively but gives you nothing from an offensive standpoint. Marto looks better everytime out. It would just be nice to see consistant defense instead of what they, as a collective group, have been playing. If Chorney figures out what is going on soon this team will make a leap in wins. When he is out on the ice as much as he is and is just not producing anything that hurt in all aspects. Not saying he is the reason we struggle, but his play has been very disaapointing!!

i like genoway at forward right now with marto in the lineup at D. jones is a important d man. not all D men score and are offensive threats. you need a mix and thats why jones is in every night. keep genoway at forward this season and keep that 6 D the same with marto in every night. i like that group and i like genoways skills wherever he is and i think he gives more out there than our last 2-3 everyday forwards.

First off yep, we a lot better, it will tighten up as well. Jones and Marto have the same number of points offensively none.

Also if you watch the game last night game Finley made a few mistakes as well, it was a team effort. I agree with AZ not all defensemen are scores. You need guys that stay home and do the job.

First off yep, we a lot better, it will tighten up as well. Jones and Marto have the same number of points offensively none.

Also if you watch the game last night game Finley made a few mistakes as well, it was a team effort. I agree with AZ not all defensemen are scores. You need guys that stay home and do the job.

I can buy what both you and Az are saying, but points for a D man don't always say what they contribute to the team offensively. Marto jumps in and keep the puck in our offensive zone well. I'm just say that based on what I have seen I'd take Marto over Jones most nights. Just play whoever can consistantly man the blue well!!!

I went to both games at sensors in Bloomington and got pretty toasted but i still could pick out problems.. I saw tons of small little things that bothered me but i eventually forgot. I thought we had that one last night and its very disappointing but I am not even close to giving up on this season. I have a good feeling the team still has plently of oppurtunity to pull the late season trick..

I thought we played kind of soft last night, not real physical and I think that really hurt. I do think that some of the mistakes that happened last night are coachable and I believe Hak will get them turned around. I also think that one we get our first sweep of the season whether it happens this weekend or next it get the Sioux rolling into a nice long unbeaten streak like last season.

We dont play physical, we lose. Which is the only reason Radke it out on the ice, thats his job! But he needs to do so in a way that does not draw penalties. I am basically wondering myself, on how the season is going to go from here on. Leaving out any possibilities of what can happen, I decided to leave it up to the hockey gods. Ill just ride this rollercoaster and see where it ends up in the end. Too stressful reading any of these 'what if' forums anymore :( Lets just hope we finish strong and get to the final five at least, since I have tickets! :D I hope the team can get their lines going and/or restructure them to be able to make the strong finish. Replace Kaip with Kozek is my only idea.

I don't see much to be positive about, The defense is supposed to be our strong suit since we return everyone except for Lee and he was the weakest according to most people. I have never seen a Sioux team give up so many odd man rushes and for a veteran team it looks like a chinese fire drill in the d zone most nights. This team is so jekyll and hyde it's hard to put a finger on it, but our big guns don't play like they have the talent to. Oshie should be in the top 5 in scoring with all his talent and Duncan shouldn't be far behind.(top five in the country). Players of their caliber should be 1.5 points per game or higher with all the ice time and powerplay time. The past years I have blamed Hakstol but if the players don't want to play at the level required what can Hakstol do? The pre-season hype about the four coming back for unfinished business sounds like bull now the way they have been playing, Chorney should be playing at an All American level instead of a Freshman level. JPL is the only one playing above last years level, Oshie,Chorney,Finley and Duncan have lost something somewhere. The rest of the team seemed to have forgot to forecheck,backcheck and pass the puck. Poor defense,up and down offense and no urgency when there down doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the year, this is a little above a .500 team. During te Blais era the motto was keep the opposing teams below twenty shots per game and no lead was safe, now if the Sioux our down going into the third it's all she wrote, this team doesn't have the moxy to come back.Rip away but this team needs a very big kick in the arse and far as I am concerned

Hang in there, lay off the Prozac washed down with Keystone Lite. Yes, we had a collapse last night, yes, this team is not living up to the billing.

We are playing slightly above .500 against the toughest schedule in hockey.

We lost one we probably should've won last night, but we won one we probably should've lost on Friday vs the Goofs. I made the comment last night that we had no puck luck. Those nights will happen. Its no excuse, but what can you do? You win some, you lose some.

Sioux hockey will prevail