SiouxSports.com Forum

One Week Ago . . . .

NorthDakotaHockey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does North Dakota currently average 146 fans under the Ralph's listed capacity?

Why did North Dakota draw 4,918 fans for its deciding game vs. Minnesota-Duluth in the first round of the WCHA playoffs in 2001? That team had a great season...Karl Goehring's last home game as a Sioux and only 4,918 show up?

Siouxrock--there used to be a regular caller on Sid Hartman called Mike the Vikings Fan. I used to cringe every time that he called, because he was from North Dakota and lowered everyone's IQ just by talking. You are not him, are you?

Paint chips cannot be the only reason for some of these posts. Did your dad drop you as well?

Unlike Grand Forks, Minneapolis has other things to do besides going to a hockey game.

Like spend your valuable time posting on the SiouxSports.com message board? Shouldn't you be over at berts with WPoS' and Hammy getting ready to watch the Saturday afternoon movie on WE?

Why did North Dakota draw 4,918 fans for its deciding game vs. Minnesota-Duluth in the first round of the WCHA playoffs in 2001? That team had a great season...Karl Goehring's last home game as a Sioux and only 4,918 show up?

The first round of the playoff always seem to occur durning UNDs spring break, all of the studends are gone, hence the lower attendance numbers.

Like spend your valuable time posting on the SiouxSports.com message board? Shouldn't you be over at berts with WPoS' and Hammy getting ready to watch the Saturday afternoon movie on WE?

So his time is wasted when posting here but your's is not? :D

I think the announced attendance for the game was 9,4??. A sell out is just over 10K. Since some tickets were sold to fans from ND and Mercyhurst, I think they had a pretty good crowd. In two years when ND gets beat in the first round, we will see how many ND fans show up to watch Minnesota beat CC.

Siouxrock, I can honestly say I don't think there is any Gopher fan that WANTS to live in Grand Forks!! I've been there and it's a hole. So flat you can see the earth curve. GF is one of the ugliest cities I've been to. I lived in Bismarck for 2.5 years and that is a much better city than Grand Forks.

Siouxrock, I can honestly say I don't think there is any Gopher fan that WANTS to live in Grand Forks!! I've been there and it's a hole. So flat you can see the earth curve. GF is one of the ugliest cities I've been to. I lived in Bismarck for 2.5 years and that is a much better city than Grand Forks.

To be honest I know a lot of Sioux fans that don't want to live in Grand Forks. As for myself...unless I get hired by the university, I'm headed south to St. Louis...try to get hired down there, after I graduate

Why St. Louis? Are from that area?

No I am from the Minneapolis area...There is a Part 141 school down there that I would like to instruct at if UND doesn't hire me. Being from a metropolitain area, I would much rather live near a big city than where other 141 schools are (Spokane, West Lafayette, Prescott).

Not sure if you're a baseball fan but St. Louis is the best baseball city in the USA. I hate the Cardinals, but I went down there two years ago for a Twins game and that city LOVES their baseball and especially their Cardinals. And they have professional sports teams in the only three sports that matter, all of those teams being perennial playoff competitors. And the Arch is just plain awesome!

How many Gopher fans claimed they were at the Frozen Four last year when they were not?  How many will this year?

I know who's fans are not going to be at this or last year's frozen four. psst--it's the sioux's. You know why, because their teams stunk and didn't make it. There were plenty of gopher fans at the game last week. As for the regional at the ralph. I was wondering why it would be full of sioux fans. You are all closet gopher fans aren't you. The gophers are the host school at Mariucci west that year, not the sioux. The sioux won't even be in the tournament, they will lose both games to Canisius that year and be out of it by November.

What a puzzling claim, I specifically remember being at last year's Frozen Four and I remember seeing a lot of Sioux fans. I also know quite a few who are going this year -- look for Sioux jerseys while you're there, I promise you'll see some.

As for predictions about how our teams will do in 2006, predictions are cheap, particularly since you're likely to be long gone before the results come in. If you really had an ability to predict sporting event outcomes, you should be a very rich man instead of hanging out on message boards :D

Yellowdog . . . .

Take your yellow and brown gravy-stained "M" jersey and move across town to the Pride on Ice board.

Sadly, there you can ruminate as you wish. However, there you may not be able to learn the elementary rules of capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and etiquette. All of which you are sadly in need.

There are many decent Gopher fans with both focus and purpose. Where did you go wrong my friend?