SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

tn_036.JPGtn_007.JPG

Yes we have a little under 2 weeks to go until the Wildcats play in Grand Forks but oh well. They will be without the #2 draft pick last year in JVR as hes playing for the world junior team so that only is a positive for the Sioux. The Sioux know exactly how that feels losing players to the WJT and will have a full squad over the new year for the first time in I have no idea but its been a good number of years. UNH is a solid hockey east team and pretty much tied with us for the 7th and 8th spots in the pairwise rankings so yes, these are very important games as they all are! :cool::lol:

This will be the weekend the Sioux start the run....Sioux sweep for the first time at home in a regular season series since last October!

Last matchup vs UNH was October 21,22, 2005. Sioux won friday and tied Saturday in New Hampshire. Previously they had played Opening game in the Ice Breaker Tourney October 6th, 2000. It went down as a 2-2 tie in the record book but UNH won on the 13th try in a shootout to win.

nodak.gif

Overall Record: 8-6-1 (.567)

WCHA: 6-6-0, 12 points

Home: 4-3-0

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we didn't have any one in '02, and I know Parise, and I think Greene made it in '03.

Brad brought it up on his blog, I had some Gopher fan try to tell me that it hurts our program that we don't have anyone on that team. That has to be one of the more silly thing I have seen in a long time. In fact I am sure UND will have many in the next 3-4 years.

Brad brought it up on his blog, I had some Gopher fan try to tell me that it hurts our program that we don't have anyone on that team. That has to be one of the more silly thing I have seen in a long time. In fact I am sure UND will have many in the next 3-4 years.

that fan is a fkn idiot......was he/she referring to recruiting, if so i double my first take on the fan :D

I would hardly say that it hurts the program. However, Hak did say that players are a lot better when they come back from the WJT, so maybe he/she was referring to the lack of that addition after the tourney (that doesn't count as defending a gopher fan does it?). Besides, as you noted, this is definately a one-year thing.

I would hardly say that it hurts the program. However, Hak did say that players are a lot better when they come back from the WJT, so maybe he/she was referring to the lack of that addition after the tourney (that doesn't count as defending a gopher fan does it?). Besides, as you noted, this is definately a one-year thing.

I think the next couple of say maybe three years the WJC teams are going to be loaded with Sioux players.

That was a gopher fan that said that by the way...

New Hampshire is a Tier 1 college hockey program. Now that we are going into the second half, these games are all huge for the PWR. NH swept CC. Two wins by us adds a +2 in the COP portion vs CC. 2 Head to Head wins also will put us above the Wildcats in the PWR. The keys to the PWR and the NCAA tourney this year hinges around a couple things. 1, the higher seeded team gets to be "home" as far as the last line change. Huge in tightly contested NCAA games. I love having the option of getting Osh and Duncs out there against another teams' fourth line, late in the game, with a close score. The other huge part is simply the matchups. I do not want to see CC, Denver or Michigan until the Frozen Four (if we can get there). Michigan is playing terrific, and they definitely want a piece of us after last years goal fest and smoking them at the Ralph two years ago. Winning is the only way to guarantee that we don't face one of those teams early in a Regional final or even earlier. All games matter now. New Hampshire was, much like us, thought to do very well this year in the preseason. We are better than .500 against the current TUC, let's add another hundreth to that. 11 days 'till Sioux hoxkey. I hope the boys are getting some rest, getting healthy, and getting centered with their minds ready to go. Time to stop watching Slapshot and start watching Rocky. GO SIOUX! Second Half surge starts now, with how you handle the break.

As far as the WJC's go, I just remember how Johnny Toews played last year after he came back...

You could tell he had 1 thing on his mind, and he played and looked like a professional!

Not everyone is JT, but if a trip overseas gets them playing better, I'd trade a few games win/loss for that extra strength for the stretch run!!!

We are better than .500 against the current TUC, let's add another hundreth to that.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, UND is 8-6-1 against teams in the TUC. Every game the Sioux has played has been against a TUC.

The Sioux schedule does get easier during the half of the season.

Where as last season our early season non conference just about eliminated us from #1 seed consideration, this years is having the opposite effect. Taking 5 of 6 points from TUCs will be huge even if we finish 3rd of 4th in the WCHA. A sweep against NH would just about guarantee a number 1 seed if the Sioux play .667 down the stretch, which is very likely given their talent, history, and lighter schedule. We are in a FAR better spot right now than we have been in the last 3 years.

That said:

Ditka 184 - UNH 0 :cool:

Where as last season our early season non conference just about eliminated us from #1 seed consideration, this years is having the opposite effect. Taking 5 of 6 points from TUCs will be huge even if we finish 3rd of 4th in the WCHA. A sweep against NH would just about guarantee a number 1 seed if the Sioux play .667 down the stretch, which is very likely given their talent, history, and lighter schedule. We are in a FAR better spot right now than we have been in the last 3 years.

That said:

Ditka 184 - UNH 0 :lol:

Are you sure about this? Don't you think it's time for certain player's to be singled out for their less than stellar performances? Maybe Hak needs to be shot, hung and pissed on! :cool: I'm sure all of "the sky is falling fans" on here just won't believe we are in any kind of position to be a #1 seed.

Don't you think it's time for certain player's to be singled out for their less than stellar performances? Maybe Hak needs to be shot, hung and pissed on! :cool:

While I believe that you said that in jest, I do think a few of the third/fourth line players need to pick it up.

Hum say Martens, Zajac, Miller that hole group is playing at a horrible clip right now. I also expect that Frattin and Trupp will get more points in the second half of the season. I think we can hold off on the fire/shoot hak thread for a while.

While I believe that you said that in jest, I do think a few of the third/fourth line players need to pick it up.

Hum say Martens, Zajac, Miller that hole group is playing at a horrible clip right now. I also expect that Frattin and Trupp will get more points in the second half of the season. I think we can hold off on the fire/shoot hak thread for a while.

I was just trying to say that even though we have not had the kind of start that many (myself included) might have hoped for, we are still sitting good for our second half run. I do agree that some need to start contributing more, let's hope that happens.

A sweep against NH would just about guarantee a number 1 seed if the Sioux play .667 down the stretch, which is very likely given their talent, history, and lighter schedule.

Yes, a sweep of UNH would be huge for PWR implications. I would love to see it happen. The Sioux need to start stringing some good games BACK TO BACK in order for it to happen, but they are certainly talented enough to do so.

It looks like CC is on their way to getting a #1 seed, and I certainly wouldn't want the Sioux to get placed in the CoSprings regional with CC as the #1. I also wouldn't want them to get placed in the Midwest regional if UW happens to make the NCAA's. I'd rather they go to the East or Northeast in those situations. Or to the Midwest if UW doesn't make it...and that way I could easily go to the games. :cool:

Either CC or DU (or both if they get placed in the West regional together) could duplicate UW's title run from a couple years ago in not having to leave the state in the NCAA's.

It looks like CC is on their way to getting a #1 seed, and I certainly wouldn't want the Sioux to get placed in the CoSprings regional with CC as the #1. I also wouldn't want them to get placed in the Midwest regional if UW happens to make the NCAA's. I'd rather they go to the East or Northeast in those situations. Or to the Midwest if UW doesn't make it...and that way I could easily go to the games. :cool:

Either CC or DU (or both if they get placed in the West regional together) could duplicate UW's title run from a couple years ago in not having to leave the state in the NCAA's.

The Sioux are going to have beat the best to be number one, Wisconsin does not scare me one bit and I would be willing to bet a few beers that C.C. and DU will drop a bit in the second half... That being said UND owes DU some payback...