SiouxSports.com Forum

PA Announcer

Displaced Nodak

Slap Shot:

You'll have to forgive Goon. His reading comprehension and forming a coherent thought (and grammar for that matter) aren't what they should be. ???

Hmm let's all think about this Goon can't comprehend ---*********I DON'T THINK SO THE REAL STOREY HERE IS THAT****************************************** Dean HAS A MAN CRUSH ON Goon *****************and Goon isn't interested in Dean's Man CRUSH OFFERING! Dean What is your deal? Get a new man crush I hear that leafsguy is single! :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm let's all think about this Goon can't comprehend ---*********I DON'T THINK SO THE REAL STOREY HERE IS THAT****************************************** Dean HAS A MAN CRUSH ON Goon *****************and Goon isn't interested in Dean's Man CRUSH OFFERING! Dean What is your deal? Get a new man crush I hear that leafsguy is single! :lol:

I think your right dude. I guess I need to get a restraining order on the guy, give it a rest.

What does this have to do with the PA annoncement? Was this thread started by a Gopher fan? You have a great arena hats off to you guys - I think it's awesome the WCHA can have teams play in such great venues.

Ok, I will bite, I was responding to a post.

As a Gopher fan I don't think it was "classless" he made the remark. As it's been said, it's your home arena so obviously the announcers are going to throw in some "subliminal" messages. :lol: Same goes with the Caddyshack references they have done in the past, you have to get the home fans into the game. Even though the Gopher wins at the end of Caddyshack, something I never really understood but Bill Murray still rules. ???

The thing here is that he announces the Holy Cross score all of the time. A lot of Sioux fans will always be Holy Cross fans after that game and want to see them do good. If they would have been playing, people still would have complained when he announced the score but it always is done. The only difference is that he announced they were off. A slight poke at them. My O my.

The thing here is that he announces the Holy Cross score all of the time. A lot of Sioux fans will always be Holy Cross fans after that game and want to see them do good. If they would have been playing, people still would have complained when he announced the score but it always is done. The only difference is that he announced they were off. A slight poke at them. My O my.

oh ya home ice

Hmm let's all think about this Goon can't comprehend ---*********I DON'T THINK SO THE REAL STOREY HERE IS THAT****************************************** Dean HAS A MAN CRUSH ON Goon *****************and Goon isn't interested in Dean's Man CRUSH OFFERING! Dean What is your deal? Get a new man crush I hear that leafsguy is single! ???

:lol:

I didn't hear the first one but the second one about calling Genoway Colby is hardly an insult or even unprofessional. Doug Woog has a history with mispronouncing names. To this day he can't say "Lundbohm" or "Rastislav" and it is somewhat endearing.

And being called your brother's name is hardly insulting to begin with. I think Woog did a pretty good job this weekend considering how he was treated while he was in the public eye.

It's not that its insulting by any means, its just the fact the they do this for a living and you would think when you have the names of each player IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE you shouldnt be screwing up. AND he didn't mispronounce the name he said the wrong name, two different things.

As a Gopher fan I don't think it was "classless" he made the remark. As it's been said, it's your home arena so obviously the announcers are going to throw in some "subliminal" messages. :lol: Same goes with the Caddyshack references they have done in the past, you have to get the home fans into the game. Even though the Gopher wins at the end of Caddyshack, something I never really understood but Bill Murray still rules. :sad:

speaking of Bill, I wonder if he is driving any golf carts around these days? ???

Isn't there certain songs played at times if an opponent goes to the box, for instance? If we do that, can't we announced the Holy Cross score?

I guess we better tell the PA guy at UND football games to stop encouraging Sioux fans to stand up and make noise on third down. And he should also stop saying, "Tackled by virtually the entire Fighting Sioux defense." I'll bet that ticks off the opposing team and their fans because it's usually not true. :lol:

I mean really! Have we become that thinned skinned of a society that opposing fans feel the need to be offended by a comment that a home teams public address announcer makes in their arena. Remember they are the visitors. It's not like called them the Golden Chokers.

On GPL someone posted that they put a photo of a woman in a Gopher jersey sitting in the penalty box on the screen when a Gopher player took a penalty this weekend.

I don't see that as any different than giving the Holy Cross update.

One year against C.C. they player with a Black Cat in the Penalty box as well...

It's funnier than heck.

On GPL someone posted that they put a photo of a woman in a Gopher jersey sitting in the penalty box on the screen when a Gopher player took a penalty this weekend.

It wasn't a photo. It was a video. A Gopher player sits down in the penalty box and takes "his" helmet off, only to reveal that it's a woman. It gives the appearance that you're seeing a live feed from the penalty box. But obviously, it's not.

It wasn't a photo. It was a video. A Gopher player sits down in the penalty box and takes "his" helmet off, only to reveal that it's a woman. It gives the appearance that you're seeing a live feed from the penalty box. But obviously, it's not.

That ruled! :glare:

And if the Sioux were the opposing team and the home rink played a similar video, I would have thought it was funny, too.

I posted that on GPL, and I posted that it was funny, not out of taste. Actually it was pretty damn clever I thought.

I posted that on GPL, and I posted that it was funny, not out of taste. Actually it was pretty damn clever I thought.

Right, I wasn't trying to say you were complaining about it. The point I wanted to make is announcing the Holy Cross score doesn't strike me as much different than putting that up on the screen.

Personally, I think that stuff's funny too.

Holy Crap! I can't believe how many people have become infected by the PC disease (pretty soon I suppose we won't keep track of the score and just play for fun). Big deal if the PA announcer brought up Holy Cross. If it were up to me, before Friday's game, during the usual video montage, I would have rolled down a 50' screen right behind Lammy's goal (so that the gopher's players could see it), and would have shown the highlights from the HC vs. UMTC game;)

Right, I wasn't trying to say you were complaining about it. The point I wanted to make is announcing the Holy Cross score doesn't strike me as much different than putting that up on the screen.

Personally, I think that stuff's funny too.

Just making sure, don't need everyone on here going off on me, it was a long weekend! :ohmy::glare:

I never said that there was anything wrong with pumping the fans up by disparity between the ways they announce the teams, but it's different to call a disrespectul shot out on the other team. It's no different than saying the Gophers suck over the PA.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I was driving home and kind of bummed about the split, until I read your remarks. Your saying that: "Holy Cross is off this weekend" and: "the Gophers suck" are the same thing is completely laughable.

I do give you credit for writing though, I can only imagine how tough it must be without opposable thumbs. Hope your future generations keep evolving. Good Luck.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I was driving home and kind of bummed about the split, until I read your remarks. Your saying that: "Holy Cross is off this weekend" and: "the Gophers suck" are the same thing is completely laughable.

I do give you credit for writing though, I can only imagine how tough it must be without opposable thumbs. Hope your future generations keep evolving. Good Luck.

:ohmy::glare: