SiouxSports.com Forum

More Nickname Insanity

MafiaMan

First: There was a guy who posted this summer that you needed to get rid of the Sioux nickname and find something nice and neutral, something everyone could get behind. He informed us that both he AND his classmates had come to that conclusion (presumably for the benefit of those of us who just couldn't "see the light" the way they could). Has that poster seen this thread???

Next:

Am I missing something? Why did some hispanics find "Pork Chop" offensive?

I think Pork Chop Womack plays for the Seattle Seahawks. Thankfully, he was thru with college football before everyone in the NCAA realized just how offensive "Pork Chop" really is. :lol: (And ironically, IIRC Mr. Womack played at Florida State.)

Finally, do the various grocery stores need to apologize for advertising a sale on this "hostile and abusive" product?

Pretty soon we'll read about a book burning of Moby-Dick because some guy named Richard is offened by the title. Maybe it's just me, but when you meet a Richard, who prefers to be called Dick, why is he usually a dick?? :lol:

Careful what you call a male younger than you are,

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7526090

"The refs called me a boy," Rolle said, according to a transcript of postgame comments provided to the media by the Ravens. "No. 110 called me a boy."

Oh, boy.. I mean, Oh brother, no, I mean, Holy Cow, no, I meant to say, Gee whizz!!

*I hope there isn't a urologist in the room.*

wow was i excited for that game.. one of the more emotional games ive seen

***im editing this cuz i just thought of something. during the 30 minute break they had during the game it was like they werent in the middle of the game. if the waterboys wouldve brought some snacks out thr it wouldve topped it off.

"In a game of this magnitude, you don't make that kind of call," Rolle said. "Let the players decide the outcome of the game. You can crown them champions now. I'm not taking anything away from them. They are a great team. They're not asking the refs to help them, but it's just an empty feeling."

Apparently, if you want to crown their asses, then you can crown 'em!

Someone ought to send Guillermo Lopez to sensitivity training himself because of his use of the word "fit." For someone who appears to be so sensitive to words as he is, he should know that this word can be deemed offensive by people suffering from epilepsy. I am not trying to be cute here as I know people with epilepsy and they do not like it when this word is used in a slang manner.

My point is, the finger can be pointed right back at Mr. Lopez as someone being offensive and insensitive just as he has accused the baseball organization of doing the same.

The person formerly known as "Pork Chop" needs to take note of Denis Leary ....

[about people who complain that their lives haven't turned out the way they wanted]

Denis Leary:
"Hey, join the ******* club! I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox!
Life sucks, get a ******* helmet!
"