SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD vs. UND GG

Wiseman

Now no offense to the UND sioux cause they are a great hockey team, but honestly they had no chance against UMD bulldogs. :huh: Infact, I was so sure of this, i bet a local teacher pizza for a whole class on it. It was a good game non the less, but sioux fans, better luck next year! Oh and the fact UND made the Frozen four over the bulldogs makes me laugh. We all know hwo the better team is =/

You want to know why Duluth didn't make the tournament and the Sioux and St. Cloud did. Strength of Schedule. When you play teams like RPI and Notre Dame for Non-Conference games, your strength of schedule takes a hit (Keep in mind...we played Michigan). I'm not saying our sos was much better, but it WAS better along with St. Cloud's. Their record was just good enough to beat Duluth in the Pairwise, while our's was just better. And to say the Sioux didn't have a chance...well, the Sioux ALWAYS have a chance to beat whomever they play. Think about it, we've beaten two of the teams that are in the Frozen Four. Michigan on neutral ice and Minnesota AT Mariucci (which is more than difficult). Duluth caught us during our late season slide (no, I'm not making excuses) and bested us 2 out of three games. Who's to say who was the better team because at the same time, while we handled Wisconsin at the Kohl Center, Duluth lost to them in OT. Congrats on winning your bet, but it was not one I personally would have made. Nothing is ever for certain in the WCHA, any team can beat any team, at any time (Alaska's the exception that proves the rule).

Wiseman if you new anything about college hockey you would know the sioux didn't make the frozen four it was the NCAA tournament which starts out with sixteen teams. I glad your in school still because you don't know anything about college hockey. Don't they call you princess?

My first thought when I saw this thread was, "wow, did it really take you that long to come up with your material." The Duluth game in the Final Five was weeks ago and this clown comes on here now and spouts off. A bit slow if you ask me, but that is to be expected I guess.

Now no offense to the UND sioux cause they are a great hockey team, but honestly they had no chance against UMD bulldogs.  :huh:  Infact, I was so sure of this, i bet a local teacher pizza for a whole class on it.  It was a good game non the less, but sioux fans, better luck next year! Oh and the fact UND made the Frozen four over the bulldogs makes me laugh.  We all know hwo the better team is =/

All I have to say is you better watch what you post on this thing because of you don't, you're gunna get a lot of people really mad, really fast! And that's exactly what you just did! You have royally pissed off everyone on this forum. You can't just go to the UND forums and start bashing us!! Gosh! You sure are a thinker!! You obviously know absolutely nothing about hockey!! I just now got into hockey and I think I know more about college hockey than you will ever know!! And I gotta say, that's pretty sad!! Obvioulsy UMD's not the better team, they didn't even get into the playoffs! Man! Some people just make me mad!!

I got a lot of attitude for a little girl, huh guys?!?

All I have to say is you better watch what you post on this thing because of you don't, you're gunna get a lot of people really mad, really fast! And that's exactly what you just did! You have royally pissed off everyone on this forum. You can't just go to the UND forums and start bashing us!! Gosh! You sure are a thinker!! You obviously know absolutely nothing about hockey!! I just now got into hockey and I think I know more about college hockey than you will ever know!! And I gotta say, that's pretty sad!! Obvioulsy UMD's not the better team, they didn't even get into the playoffs! Man! Some people just make me mad!!

Wiseman (Wiseboy)

Geez even the Gopher guys who wanted to mix $h!t up waited a little for us to get used to them, and then they use (d) a little tact in ripping on the Sioux. You just seem to be an a$$.

Hey MinnesotaNorthstar,

Did you move to Dallas? Oh wait thats what happened to the North Stars =/ maybe next time bud.

ahahahahaha...oh wait, that's not funny

No, I did not move to Dallas, I am a former North Star fan from the Twin Cities, that has been real nostalgic since coming to UND. If you've tried to offend me or piss me off...didn't work :huh:

Just remember being a Sioux fan...SiouxHockeyLover has my back...you don't want to piss her off :blush:

Keep it up girl

sigh....

SiouxHockeyLover - "Obvioulsy UMD's not the better team" .... ummmm lets see here.... how many times did UND beat UMD in the regular season and playoffs, 1..2...3...4..5 OH WAIT I THINK IT WAS 0 --- but wait guys Sioux are still a better team because they had a "tough" schedule, as for Green Guy ... many people refer to that tournament as teh "Frozen Four" even ESPN.com if you want to go read about that, doesn't take a winner to get that one. SiouxHockeyLover please get in the kitchen where you belong ... thx bye

There that MNSCU education for you. :huh:

Let the BLOW DOG fans chirp they will be lucky to win 15 games next season.

Alright, this thread is worthless. Let's stay on the topic and take the personal bickering to email or USCHO.

UMD won the head to head this year

UND won better record, better conference finish, better PWR, better RPI, better Bradley-Terry, higher finish in the polls, and made the NCAA tournament.

Demonstrating absurdity by example: UNC beat Duke in the ACC tournament. I wonder how many UNC fans are taunting their Duke friends right now claiming they're the better team? H2H is really only meaningful as a tiebreaker for teams with identical records, and UND/UMD were definitely not tied in outcome this year.

Actually. im just sick of people thinking the sioux are some great college hockey team... there is a sioux fan ranting about how the Gophers cheers are annoying... How about how the Sioux disrespect the national anthem everytime it is played??? Even Better watching Zach Parise state--

"I'm not leaving UND until ive won a national championship with them"

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA well looks like Zach will be the next Van Wilder :D

Actually. im just sick of people thinking the sioux are some great college hockey team... there is a sioux fan ranting about how the Gophers cheers are annoying... How about how the Sioux disrespect the national anthem everytime it is played??? Even Better watching Zach Parise state--

"I'm not leaving UND until ive won a national championship with them"

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA well looks like Zach will be the next Van Wilder :D

Wiseman, when UMD finally goes to the NCAA and actually wins something then come talk to us.

You can use all of your crap to spew around but the facts are the fact UMD hasn't done squat since Brent Hull played at UMD... Hey the womens programs is more successful than your guys...

Why don't you find something else to do. Maybe go over to the POI.COM and chat with your Minnesota brothers...

Actually. im just sick of people thinking the sioux are some great college hockey team...

From his own admission, yet another of the random visitors trying to talk about things other than Sioux hockey is here because of his jealousy of the attention the Sioux get.

Perhaps people think the Sioux are some great college hockey team because they are? I won't bore you with the history becuase I'm sure you know it. Not to just dwell on the past, I already tried to use facts from this season to compare the Sioux to UMD. Sure, it wasn't the best year in recent memory for UND (2 championships and 4 MacNaughton Cups in the previous 6 seasons), but the Sioux are still currently a better team than UMD.

ahahahahaha...oh wait, that's not funny

No, I did not move to Dallas, I am a former North Star fan from the Twin Cities, that has been real nostalgic since coming to UND. If you've tried to offend me or piss me off...didn't work :p

Just remember being a Sioux fan...SiouxHockeyLover has my back...you don't want to piss her off :D

Keep it up girl

That's Right!! I do have your back MinnestotatNorthStar!! ;) And NO, you don't want to piss me off so just watch it wiseman! :D

SiouxHockeyLover please get in the kitchen where you belong ... thx bye

What the hell is that suposed to mean!?!?! You're just jealous cuz a little high school girl knows more about college hockey teams than you do!! :D It's OK. That kind of thing happens to lots of dumb guys!! You'll live! And you should really get you story staight because you sarted out saying," No offense to the UND sioux cuz they are a great hockey team...." then you said, "Actually. im just sick of people thinking the sioux are some great college hockey team..." When you change stories like that it just makes you look like a complete idiot so pay attention to what your doin next time!! I wouldn't want you to look dumb or anything! ;):p

sigh....

please get in the kitchen where you belong ...

(This will date me -- and you're probably way too young to get the reference Wiseman, and it's terribly corny but....)

"I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never, ever let you forget, I'm a college hockey fan.... 'cause I'm a woman ....."

I have no problem being in the kitchen as I have a tv there so I can cook and watch hockey -- I'm very good at multi-tasking.

*** I don't make cupcakes, but my 7-layer bars are to die for! :D

Now no offense to the UND sioux cause they are a great hockey team, but honestly they had no chance against UMD bulldogs. :D Infact, I was so sure of this, i bet a local teacher pizza for a whole class on it. It was a good game non the less, but sioux fans, better luck next year! Oh and the fact UND made the Frozen four over the bulldogs makes me laugh. We all know hwo the better team is =/

UND didnt make the FF u idiot

They made the Frozen Four Tournament.. how many times do i have to state that... geez funny how people that go to UND can barely count to 3....sigh.... anyways SiouxHockeyLover please dont even step up... you aint all that and a bag of potato chips. Talk to the left cuz you know you aint right...and just dont even go there girlfriend.... kr...never make comments like that again.... i think you made everyone on this forum that much dumber... i mean honestly keep your cupcake jokes to urself k thx...jimdahl forums are a place to state ur opinions if you dont like mine dont read it k bud? if you want to reply to my opinions i respect that and will read them...please stay out of this subject if you feel otherwise.

NotYourFriend,

Wiseman