SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Bowl Bid Still Coming?

BobIwabuchiFan

After losing to the Jacks, whats the odds that a big bowl will come courting NDSU - I am assuming everyone in Fargo is waiting for the post man after Thanksgiving? Sounds like a Michigan-NDSU or maybe a USC-NDSU matchup? :lol:

When I read that it made me laugh, the Bision are going no where. They are done for the year.

After losing to the Jacks, whats the odds that a big bowl will come courting NDSU - I am assuming everyone in Fargo is waiting for the post man after Thanksgiving? Sounds like a Michigan-NDSU or maybe a USC-NDSU matchup? :lol:

The odds are the same as they would have been if they had beat the bunnies. Zero.

When was the last time that NDSU's football season lasted longer than UND's?

I have to admit, I don't understand this thread.

NDSU is in the wrong division to be eligible for a bowl bid -- they're in FCS (football championship = the division that has a championship), not BCS (bowl championship = the division that gets invited to bowl games).

NDSU is in the wrong division to be eligible for a bowl bid -- they're in FCS (football championship = the division that has a championship), not BCS (bowl championship = the division that gets invited to bowl games).

There had been talk at NDSU, partially fueled by both Taylor and Bohl, that NDSU might get an exemption from the NCAA to play in a minor FBS bowl. Earlier, there was a chance that there wouldn't be enough bowl eligible IA teams to fill all the bowl slots, but it appears there will be available IA teams now.

I agree.....

However if there were not enough FBS teams to qualify, and NDSU did get invited somwhere I would enjoy watching that.

The odds are the same as they would have been if they had beat the bunnies. Zero.

When was the last time that NDSU's football season lasted longer than UND's?

The season is over for us but it was one helluva ride. The bowl thing was all bad rumors from the start. You know we could have been 7 -4 instead of 10 - 1. The D1AA or FCS is really fun to watch, you will be glad you finally made the move. But, get your checkbooks out cause you will need to fill your scholy limits quickly if you want to have winning records. The 1 loss or undefeated season will be a thing of the past. This is hard hitting, fast (4.3) football. You need depth because there will be injuries. The area ND talent is good enough to play at this level, that was one surprise to most of us and it helps keep the local flavor. Enjoy the ride and good luck!!

Watching NDSU get slaughtered by a real D1 team? Yeah, I'd enjoy that too. :)

I hate to say this, DaveK, but you're blinded your Sioux loyalty if you think UND, who can't seem to figure out Grand Valley State and get anywhere in the Division II playoffs, will just march to the FCS championship game year after year.

I hate to say this, DaveK, but you're blinded your Sioux loyalty if you think UND, who can't seem to figure out Grand Valley State and get anywhere in the Division II playoffs, will just march to the FCS championship game year after year.

and yet...grand valley would put the so-called "bison-dynastie" to shame....they've lost their connection to D2 while acting like they're keeping it at the sametime...LOSERS!!

We could load up our schedule with cup cakes like the Bison did, ooops. Can't get past SDSU... :)

Yes, I'm sure the Bison would have had a hard time against a bowl-bound team like Central Michigan.

Do you think Central Michigan just had a really bad day against NDSU, or was the MAC just that bad this year? It seems hard to believe that SDSU and Cal Poly may have been better than anyone in the MAC.

Do you think Central Michigan just had a really bad day against NDSU, or was the MAC just that bad this year? It seems hard to believe that SDSU and Cal Poly may have been better than anyone in the MAC.

I think it's a combination of a few things. NDSU played really well that day, and I can only presume that CMU did not play well. Also, the Bison were 100% completely healthy, which was not the case at the end of the season. I know that sounds like an excuse and every football team is usually going thru the injury bug at the end of the season, but it seemed like the Bison avoided that in 06. Also, NDSU has seemingly struggled the two times we've played in SLO, and I don't think we've beaten the Jacks in Brooking this millenium (funny, huh).

I think it's a combination of a few things. NDSU played really well that day, and I can only presume that CMU did not play well. Also, the Bison were 100% completely healthy, which was not the case at the end of the season. I know that sounds like an excuse and every football team is usually going thru the injury bug at the end of the season, but it seemed like the Bison avoided that in 06. Also, NDSU has seemingly struggled the two times we've played in SLO, and I don't think we've beaten the Jacks in Brooking this millenium (funny, huh).

Fair enough. UND fans know all too well how injuries to key players can throw a wrench into things.

Well, if you believe the Massey Ratings, Central Michigan and NDSU are nearly identical (84 and 85) and CMU is the highest rated MAC team.

http://www.mratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf