SiouxSports.com Forum

UAA beats Goophs

Fetch

I was watching the game last night as well (wanted to see how badly the goofs play) and I couldn't believe all the penalties that were called against UAA last night. Some were good calls, and should have been called. Some though, were very questionable. I also saw the goofs with at least 2 cross-checking and 2 tripping penalties that were very blatant, and weren't called by the refs. In my opinion, when the 2 teams actually played 5x5 hockey, I thought UAA outplayed the goofs in the 3rd period, which obviously won the game.

I think that the 5 minute major was a horrible call. It was a 2 minute penalty all the way.

I thought it was a little weak myself. But if the league is going to try and be consistent with the rule(2 min vs. 5 min), then I am ok with it. It will get players to think twice. Already though, I can think of one call that Hunt missed. The hit that Kerr(?) put on Chorney at MTU was the worst one I've seen this year and he only got 2 minutes. It was flat out terrible.

I also heard wooger last night talking about when the goophs come to G. F. to play us next month, and he was saying the fans here a "HOSTILE!!!" I know he's an idiot, and I shouldn't put much into what he says, but I thought it was not only unprofessional, but totally uncalled for as well. The goof fans are just as bad, if not worse when we play them in umtc.

I also heard wooger last night talking about when the goophs come to G. F. to play us next month, and he was saying the fans here a "HOSTILE!!!" I know he's an idiot, and I shouldn't put much into what he says, but I thought it was not only unprofessional, but totally uncalled for as well. The goof fans are just as bad, if not worse when we play them in umtc.

I'm pretty sure Woog was giving ND fans a compliment with that one, saying it is a tough environment for opponents to play in. Keep your skirt on.

I'm pretty sure Woog was giving ND fans a compliment with that one, saying it is a tough environment for opponents to play in. Keep your skirt on.

I didn't see it that way at all. Maybe it's just me, but he didn't have to say it that way. Any place away from home is a tough environment to play in especially in umtc. I just thought it was a low blow for him to say that. He could've easily said something else more appealing.

Woog has a lot of respect for UND's program, and is one of the nicest guys you'll run into. No big deal.

I didn't see it that way at all. Maybe it's just me, but he didn't have to say it that way. Any place away from home is a tough environment to play in especially in umtc. I just thought it was a low blow for him to say that. He could've easily said something else more appealing.

That was the second best thing he said all night after the cardboard crowd comment. He basically said we have good fan support and it is a tough or hostile place to play. Some people around here might disagree with him on that last part though.

Why is it we can't stand him as a commentator on tv? Not him or mcquacko when they commentate. It's not just me either. I know of some goofer fans as well, who are very nice, and they can't stand them either.

Here's the important part, and I bolded it for you in your previous post: While you may find it unprofessional and uncalled for, so is you referring to someone as "mcquacko". Think a little bit.

And Woog is a nice guy. We watched the Sioux vs. Mankato(?) play-off game(Sunday Night) at Sensors and Woog was just sitting there watching the game by himself. Not only did he stop and chat with us for a while, but he was very complimentary. So as someone said "Keep Your Skirt On".

Started out here disliking Woog quite a bit until I learned more about the game and listened to him more.

Now I understand that Woog is a great hockey mind, even if he is a Gopher homer and Masucko is just an idiot. However, I like it when he sticks his foot in his mouth and Woog corrects him.

Some things I did notice from this weekend's games (I watched UFC last night -- what a horrendous UFC that was)...

UAA and UMTC were horrible in their own right. Neither could stick handle on Friday. UAA routinely beat UMTC to the puck but once they got to the puck, they couldn't carry it or pass it or shoot it. #21 for UAA had an EASY goal if he could have handled the puck when the Gophers were up either 1-0 or 2-0 but he whiffed. UMTC just didn't see to have much heart all weekend long. They didn't play hard at all. When UAA started scoring on Saturday, UMTC folded. No other way to describe it. It literally seemed that they stopped trying when the Seawolves went up 3-2.

I agree with Sagard. Lucia better get their heads back into the game or it's gonna get ugly for the Gophers.

UAA was able to overcome the University of MinnyMystery's 12 minutes > 4 seconds (no joke) powerplay time. I just don't know what else the refs could have done - perhaps 2-3 UAA game DQ's.

But that would have probably been too obvious, even to the goph loyal.

It's good to see the obstruction rules apply to everyone not wearing a maroon M on their jersey. And they did call the one game misconduct when the opportunity presented itself.

It was close, but the crew that did the UM/RPI did a better job for Goldie. :D

UAA was able to overcome the University of MinnyMystery's 12 minutes > 4 seconds (no joke) powerplay time. I just don't know what else the refs could have done - perhaps 2-3 UAA game DQ's.

But that would have probably been too obvious, even to the goph loyal.

I actually thought the refs did a nice job in this game, sometimes the PP time just doesn't even out. The AA 5 and game for the check from behind was legit.

On the other hand, AA out-physicalled the Gophers badly last night. It is yet to be seen if Okposo can put the Maroon and Gold on his shoulders and carry the team to a higher level. If he does not, could be a long season for them.

They will still be extremely tough to sweep next month, and again in February in the John, don't kid yourself.

I am actually enjoying the implosion.

i wouldnt call it that yet. its a bit early but msu isnt on the schedule anytime soon so who knows what they will do vs mich and mich st this weekend. i think they have already beat michigan. i think they split.

I actually thought the refs did a nice job in this game, sometimes the PP time just doesn't even out. The AA 5 and game for the check from behind was legit.

I don't have a problem with the CFB it was legit, that being said at 12:50 of the second period I count no less than blatant two cross checks in front of the goofer net and nothing get called. That is inconsistent.

I thought it was funny that Frank and Doug though Friday's game was proof that the Gophers were on track.

I'm not trying to knock the Alaska down, but they've been a pretty bad program in the past. Thinking that one game against a traditionally weak opponent is a benchmark is kinda sad.

Now just who HAS Minnesota beaten this year in the WCHA? Mankato twice and Alaska once. HMMM.

On the other hand the last year I counted them out before Christmas I think they won the National Championship.

I thought it was funny that Frank and Doug though Friday's game was proof that the Gophers were on track.

I'm not trying to knock the Alaska down, but they've been a pretty bad program in the past. Thinking that one game against a traditionally weak opponent is a benchmark is kinda sad.

Now just who HAS Minnesota beaten this year in the WCHA? Mankato twice and Alaska once. HMMM.

On the other hand the last year I counted them out before Christmas I think they won the National Championship.

I just watched the tape of the Saturday game and Minnesota looks disjointed and unorganized and lost. Jeff "Long Island" Frazee looked horrible. I guess we will see what the gophers look like after the first of the year.