SiouxSports.com Forum

Radke?

Prpichrocks_19

I like the way radke plays, when he plays under control. The untimely penalties need to stop if he wants to be in the lineup.

Inside college hockey had Radke rated #2 for incoming freshman defenseman.

And we all know how much ratings mean.

I personally would like like to see someone with more of an offensive threat than Radke as I also believe he makes stupid mistakes at critical points of a hockey game. Does that make him not worthy of being on the Sioux...absolutely not! To play in the WCHA at a top tier program such as UND, you have got to be a great hockey player just to be on the team.

With that being said, as a Sioux fan, I think it is a great position to be in where you have an abundance of talent that any given night you have the option of what forwards are going to be playing.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside college hockey had Radke rated #2 for incoming freshman defenseman.

He seemed like a big deal at the time and I thought the Gophers wanted him as well. There is a lot more room in the lineup for forwards who don't produce the expected big points vs. an offensive defenseman who are often not as good as others in their own zone for whatever reason.

He seemed like a big deal at the time and I thought the Gophers wanted him as well. There is a lot more room in the lineup for forwards who don't produce the expected big points vs. an offensive defenseman who are often not as good as others in their own zone for whatever reason.

I guess the way I see it is that, if an offensive defenseman doesn't work out (assuming his defensive skills are good), he becomes another defensive defenseman.

If a forward doesn't work out offensively, perhaps he can be a grinder. If that doesn't work maybe he can be another Boogaard.

If a forward doesn't work out offensively, perhaps he can be a grinder. If that doesn't work maybe he can be another Boogaard.

Come on, lets not be silly :lol: Boogey is like 6'7" radke can skate better and he is 5'10"...

Your anti Wild Bias is showing again. How about those Blackhawks pounding on the dead things.

I am actually starting to like watching the Black Hawks. :angry:

on an interesting sidenote, kyle hasnt been practicing at the forward spot any longer. just recently he has been on defense. a sign of someone new sitting in the next series?? who knows...

I thought practices were closed to the public.

on an interesting sidenote, kyle hasnt been practicing at the forward spot any longer. just recently he has been on defense. a sign of someone new sitting in the next series?? who knows...

If Hak moved Genoway up to forward just so he could put both freshman in at D, I hardly expect there to be room for Radke back there.

I guess the way I see it is that, if an offensive defenseman doesn't work out (assuming his defensive skills are good), he becomes another defensive defenseman.

...if that doesn't work, maybe he can sit on the bench.

So basically, the Red Wing Doctrine is that if he's able to put on a Sioux jersey he MUST be good for SOMETHING.

But you seemingly discount the possibility that others wearing the same Sioux jersey are BETTER than he is at ALL the things you suggest he CAN do especially if he has yet to prove he can do any of the above.

If Hak moved Genoway up to forward just so he could put both freshman in at D, I hardly expect there to be room for Radke back there.

yup, if hak likes genoway at forward then that means just one less spot at that position. maybe he wants to see what kyle can bring to defense again. he could be the 7th man for now trying to earn a spot down the road. hak knows what hes doing!

doesnt mean info cant get leaked out, pretty easy :lol:

Are you sure that practices are closed to the public or are you asking if they are? I know they used to not be (way back when) because my dad and I would go watch them. Maybe they are now though, I'm not sure.

Are you sure that practices are closed to the public or are you asking if they are? I know they used to not be (way back when) because my dad and I would go watch them. Maybe they are now though, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that practices have been closed to the public since the team moved into the new Ralph.

I'm pretty sure that practices have been closed to the public since the team moved into the new Ralph.

to be honest, im pretty sure they are too, i can never seem to get by the sioux shop :lol: but i do believe what i previously said was true about radke.

I think so too. Last year, my daughter and I were in the Sioux Shop during practice (you could hear them on the ice). She had to use the restroom and they wouldnt let her out onto the concourse. Instead they took her to the admin offices to a restroom there. Maybe they thought she was a 9 year old Gopher spy. :lol:

I think so too. Last year, my daughter and I were in the Sioux Shop during practice (you could hear them on the ice). She had to use the restroom and they wouldnt let her out onto the concourse. Instead they took her to the admin offices to a restroom there. Maybe they thought she was a 9 year old Gopher spy. :lol:

That took lessons from the New England Patriots' coaches? :p:angry:

So what. The Sioux have always had players like him, remember Prpich, how about Archie. I'm sorry, but against a team like aa, or mankato, I'll take a Kyle Radke in the lineup before a Martens or a Miller. Simply because of the physical presence he brings.

Prpich killed penalties and was able to score from time to time. As jk has already pointed out, Archibald had MANY talents to offset untimely or stupid penalties. I'm not sure either of these are good comparisons.

I think under blais they were when the arena first opened. At the old REA you could go in and watch practice.

Prpich killed penalties and was able to score from time to time. As jk has already pointed out, Archibald had MANY talents to offset untimely or stupid penalties. I'm not sure either of these are good comparisons.

OK then, how about Chris Porter, the king of stupid penalties in the last two Frozen Fours. I suppose he gets a pass from all of the "experts" because he was a good hard working guy and brought more to the game than Radke does. It's funny now that Prpich is no longer here that people hold him in such high regard. Rewind a couple years and look at what some of you guys were saying about him and his stupid penalties. I don't care what else a player brings to the game, a stupid or untimely(and stupid) penalty, does not get offset by something else you may or may not do. The fact remains that it is a stupid penalty and could be costly. But hey, justify it to youselves however you want.

OK then, how about Chris Porter, the king of stupid penalties in the last two Frozen Fours. I suppose he gets a pass from all of the "experts" because he was a good hard working guy and brought more to the game than Radke does. It's funny now that Prpich is no longer here that people hold him in such high regard. Rewind a couple years and look at what some of you guys were saying about him and his stupid penalties. I don't care what else a player brings to the game, a stupid or untimely(and stupid) penalty, does not get offset by something else you may or may not do. The fact remains that it is a stupid penalty and could be costly. But hey, justify it to youselves however you want.

Well lets see, a dumb penalty does not get off-set by anything a player may or may not do. Where can we rank that on the dumbest things written on this forum. I'll put it top one-hundred. Your right Triouxper, when porter takes a penalty (which the Sioux killed at a high percentage last year) and then comes out and scores a goal...that doesn't off-set anything right?? Dumb, just dumb. Get off your Kyle Radke Bandwagon because if you haven't noticed, your about the last one on there. You and that prpichrocks fella. You two must have a fetish for bad hockey players.

Well lets see, a dumb penalty does not get off-set by anything a player may or may not do. Where can we rank that on the dumbest things written on this forum. I'll put it top one-hundred. Your right Triouxper, when porter takes a penalty (which the Sioux killed at a high percentage last year) and then comes out and scores a goal...that doesn't off-set anything right?? Dumb, just dumb. Get off your Kyle Radke Bandwagon because if you haven't noticed, your about the last one on there. You and that prpichrocks fella. You two must have a fetish for bad hockey players.

Are you at practice on a daily basis? Do you sit in the locker room? You see, you really have no clue as to what value Kyle brings to this hockey team. The best thing would be for you to shut your mouth or else keep proving your stupidity to everyone on this board. Give all the free passes to the players you choose, but the fact fact remains that stupid penalties by Porter cost us a shot at the last two NC's. They were momentum killers, and nothing he or anyone else did made up for them or cancelled them out. And by the way, at that point in his Sioux career, Porter should have damn well known better.

hate to disagree with you triouxper, because everyone else is, but we wouldn't have been at the frozen four last season had it not been for porter. radke just doesn't bring that to the table with his game that we have seen in a sioux jersey. radke plays hard, and obviously is a talented hockey player, but he is not in the same category of the players you are comparing him to.

hate to disagree with you triouxper, because everyone else is, but we wouldn't have been at the frozen four last season had it not been for porter. radke just doesn't bring that to the table with his game that we have seen in a sioux jersey. radke plays hard, and obviously is a talented hockey player, but he is not in the same category of the players you are comparing him to.

I'm talking about stupid and costly penalties. One is not "better" than another. In fact the penalties that Porter took in the last two Frozen Fours turned out to be very costly, and this was from a player that I feel should have known better. You guys are all trying to make Radke the goat here and I think it's pure bull$%!#. When is the last time Radke cost this team a national semi-final game by taking a stupid penalty? The season is still young, I simply don't see the need to single out one guy and say "he is the root of all of this teams problems." All it does is show how many of you out there really have no goddamn clue whatsoever about what goes on with this team. The reality here is that Kyle Radke probably doesn't give a s&!t what a bunch of dumbasses on a message board think of him. Like it or not, he is still a key part of the greatest college hockey program in the country.

I'm talking about stupid and costly penalties. One is not "better" than another. In fact the penalties that Porter took in the last two Frozen Fours turned out to be very costly, and this was from a player that I feel should have known better. You guys are all trying to make Radke the goat here and I think it's pure bull$%!#. When is the last time Radke cost this team a national semi-final game by taking a stupid penalty? The season is still young, I simply don't see the need to single out one guy and say "he is the root of all of this teams problems." All it does is show how many of you out there really have no goddamn clue whatsoever about what goes on with this team. The reality here is that Kyle Radke probably doesn't give a s&!t what a bunch of dumbasses on a message board think of him. Like it or not, he is still a key part of the greatest college hockey program in the country.

That's a BIG 10-4 there Triouxper. Now get back to work.