SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week upcoming

AZSIOUX

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City/state born in and reside in now? Born in Jamestown, North Dakota. Live in Bay City, MI

Did you attend UND? Nope

Favorite current player? Duncan, Finley, Oshie

Favorite all-time Sioux player(s)? Travis Zajac, Mike Pripch, Jonathon Toews

Favorite all-time NON Sioux WCHA player/team? No particular player. Colorado College

Are you a season ticket holder? Boy wouldn't that be something... unfortunately no. Seen Wisconsin play the Sioux at the Ralph a few years ago for a birthday present. Caught the Sioux at the Lefty McFadden. Relegated to watching them on the computer and occassionally on the t.v. when available. Catch the GLI (Hope the rumor is true about UND at the 2008 GLI), CCHA tournament every year and some MSU games. Will be there for the MSU vs. Minnesota game on Friday, November 23rd wearing my Sioux clothing.

There is absolutely nothing close to live Sioux hockey though.

Is the bye-week over yet?

City/State you were born and where you live now? Park River ND/Pensacola FL

Did you attend UND? Yes, UND '84

Favorite current sioux player? Marto. I grew up with his dad, so I'm rooting for Jake to do well.

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Phil Sykes.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Player/Chris Chelios Team/Duluth

Are you a season ticket holder? No.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Eveleth, MN :) now Grand Forks for school and duck hunting

Did you attend UND? I'm a Junior/Senior

Favorite current sioux player? T.J. Oshie is ma' boy

Favorite all time sioux player? The Osh, and Stafford, had him in class he can dangle and hes a nice guy

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Matt Niskanen (UMD, now Dallas Stars) and CC favorite other team

Season tickets? Drumline free tickets 3 years ago, student tickets this year..

City/state born in and reside in now? Mandan, now live in Grand Forks

Did you attend UND? still there, hopefully here for Med school next year

Favorite current player? Robbie Bina (what a comeback, and a good all around player), Ryan Duncan (he is short), and Rylan Kaip (cause he beat that Alaska player up last year)

Favorite all-time Sioux player(s)? Stafford, Porter, Prpich

Favorite all-time NON Sioux WCHA player/team? no real players, but Mankato is fun because they always seem to start fights, and CC cause I like their style of play. I know they are WCHA but I have a special place in my heart for Michigan State after cheering for them last year in the Frozen Four

Are you a season ticket holder? Yes student tickets!

City/state born in and reside in now? Racine, WI/Wausau, WI My wife is from Thief River Falls, MN...she's to blame for this insanity. :lol:

Did you attend UND? No

Favorite current player? Oshie, Finley

Favorite all-time Sioux player(s)? Prpich, Parise's

Favorite all-time NON Sioux WCHA player/team? no player/Wisconsin

Are you a season ticket holder? No

Here's my future Goon in Madison last Friday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwqbFKLQws

looks like the oshie will be doing a interview with HF Radio tomorrow

HF BOARDS

and it looks like it will be the same crap that tj has gotten asked the last 3 months, WHY ARENT YOU IN THE PROS? sounds like a creative interview topic that we havent heard before :lol:

hopefully he uses these questions from the fans as these are much better than the same ol stuff

tj question ideas

City/state born in and reside in now? Park River ND and Minneapolis MN

Did you attend UND? Yes. Most people that were there as long as me are Doctors :lol:

Favorite current player? Oshie, Duncan

Favorite all-time Sioux player(s)? Archie, Little Panzer, Patrick, Z. Parise

Favorite all-time NON Sioux WCHA player/team? Spehar...no just kidding...Whoever the guy from Holy Cross was that scored the winner over the Gofers...

Are you a season ticket holder? No

the new uscho wcha reporter SUCKS so far. she gave a biased review of what happened between und and uw. drewiske was whinning about what happened between whistles, when he was cheap shoting oshie between whistles the night before. i wrote her an email :silly: . im not saying und didnt instigate it, but uw certainly had done their share to help things. what does everybody think?

the new uscho wcha reporter SUCKS so far. she gave a biased review of what happened between und and uw. drewiske was whinning about what happened between whistles, when he was cheap shoting oshie between whistles the night before. i wrote her an email :silly: . im not saying und didnt instigate it, but uw certainly had done their share to help things. what does everybody think?

not really concerned about that anymore. the new weekly colums suck big time on uscho. same crap. and the new uscho site format is bad. takes forever to load for me. only website i have ever had trouble loading right away with my laptop and thats only when their design changed to a bigger font and so forth. i use uscho just for scores and stats and check INCH and college hockey news for bits of into here and there.

not really concerned about that anymore. the new weekly colums suck big time on uscho. same crap. and the new uscho site format is bad. takes forever to load for me. only website i have ever had trouble loading right away with my laptop and thats only when their design changed to a bigger font and so forth. i use uscho just for scores and stats and check INCH and college hockey news for bits of into here and there.

I agree the weekly columns SUCK. They were decent when Milewski wrote them. Now they are hardly worth reading. I don't venture over there much anymore other than to look at stats and a little on the discussion forum.

So...what games will everybody be watching tonight? Just curious. Wisco and CC isn't being televised here (but women's softball is...WTF?). God, I'd love to see one of the CC fans hold up a sign "Hakstol Owns Eaves". I have the cable sports package, so AA @ the Goofs is on at 7, but thats about it. I'm going to head down to Steven's Point to watch UWSP vs. St. Norbert in Div 3 hockey, just to check them out.

the new uscho wcha reporter SUCKS so far. she gave a biased review of what happened between und and uw. drewiske was whinning about what happened between whistles, when he was cheap shoting oshie between whistles the night before. i wrote her an email :lol: . im not saying und didnt instigate it, but uw certainly had done their share to help things. what does everybody think?

About these "incidents" and this article specifically, I assume that the altercations in Madison are known to everyone who would even bother to open and read that article, so I am not too concerned about the negative interpretation of UND's image as expressed in the specific article, however, I hope that in the future when stories are not so known to hockey fans trolling sites they will be reading something that does not misrepresent the facts. There is a blatant inference to be made from the fight/scrum/scrap, and that is simply: there are two sides to the story. (I did not study journalism, but I assume that is taught fairly early on) Try interviewing... I don't know... let's see, um, how about the other coach who was in conflict with the coach you interviewed.... how about... maybe a player on the other team on the other side of the altercation...

Even though it is clearly biased and any rational person who knows anything about WCHA hockey or has the ability to read a message board would smell the bias, I don't want to have to put up with it.

Mountains out of mole hills, but I do not care it gets on my nerves and there is no hockey this weekend :silly: so I have nothing better to do than to procrastinate exams by ranting on message boards

City/State you were born and where you live now? Bismarck, ND - Whitwell, TN

Did you attend UND? Proud Alum!!! 1995-2002; BS in Elementary Education and Masters in Special Education

Favorite current sioux player? Don't have a favorite right now.

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Zach Parise, Mike Commodore (was cool enough to drink with me on several occasions), Karl Goehring

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Don't know if I have a favorite. Enjoyed watching Heatley, Bonin, and Matt Cullen; as for team, Duluth.

Are you a season ticket holder? Was for 5 seasons before leaving GF, but no longer due to distance I'd have to travel to use those seats! :D

haha....that's why he made my list!.......Did he ever do the juggler when you were out with him??...PRICELESS! :D

City/state born in and reside in now? grew up in central ND, now a nomad, currently working in Boston

Did you attend UND? Yep, class of 96

Favorite current player? Duncan, Chorney

Favorite all-time Sioux player(s)? Landon Wilson, Teeder Wynne, Curtis Murphy, David Hoogsteen

Favorite all-time NON Sioux WCHA player/team? Denver Goalie Sinuhe Wallinheimo/St. Lawrence

Are you a season ticket holder? Have been, but not now

Got my college hockey fix tonight watching the Hockey East leaders Northeastern drop Lowell. That is starting to look like a really nice win for for the Sioux.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Born in G.F. grew up in Devils Lake, ND. Live in Maple Grove, MN

Did you attend UND? 88 - 93 (redshirt for Sioux FB, was told college wasn't a race ??? )

Favorite current sioux player? Oshie and Chorney.

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Jim Archibald, Bob Joyce, Phil Sykes, Zach Parise, Jonathon Toews

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? The St. Cloud State Cullen (I think it was Matt) and Junior Lessard (UMD). I would say Collorado College, like their style, similar to Sioux without the hitting.

Are you a season ticket holder? Yup! Have been since the new REA opened.