SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week upcoming

AZSIOUX

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck are we going to do on an off weekend. I am going to shoot pheasnts in South Dakota.

Hopefully I can find a TV which I can watch some hockey on.

Heading to Lincoln to visit son's family; and attend Indiana Ice vs Lincoln Stars (Bruneteau vs Gregoire).

Well we have a bye week coming up before we host Duluth, head to Denver then host Minny to complete our wcha schedule before the holidays. Lets see where peeps are from and other info about some ss members

City/State you were born and where you live now? Grafton, now Bemidji, MN

Did you attend UND? For one summer in '91. Graduated South Dakota St. U.

Favorite current sioux player? Kaip, Chorney and Bina

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Hrkacs, Ian Kidd, Joyce, Casey, Greg Johnson, Archibald - ZP, Oshie, Commy, Prp.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Dave Dieterding - BSU (just love the name)

Are you a season ticket holder? No, but get to the Ralph for 3-4 games a year plus a trip to Duluth. Plus, it's hard to beat the Glas in Bemidji. Event Centre? We don't need no stickin event center . . .

City/State you were born and where you live now? Grafton, now Bemidji, MN

Did you attend UND? For one summer in '91. Graduated South Dakota St. U.

Favorite current sioux player? Kaip, Chorney and Bina

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Hrkacs, Ian Kidd, Joyce, Casey, Greg Johnson, Archibald - ZP, Oshie, Commy, Prp.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Dave Dieterding - BSU (just love the name)

Are you a season ticket holder? No, but get to the Ralph for 3-4 games a year plus a trip to Duluth. Plus, it's hard to beat the Glas in Bemidji. Event Centre? We don't need no stickin event center . . .

City/State you were born and where you live now? Biloxi, Mississippi-Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Did you attend UND? 1976-1983

Favorite current sioux player? Joe Finley

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Mark Taylor, Jim Archibald, Howard Walker & Cary Eades

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Chelios & Tech.

Are you a season ticket holder? No I live in Wisconsin. We have seen four Sioux games so far this season. Tech & BADgerville.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Born in GF, raised in the metropolis of Fisher, MN and now live in Thief River Falls.

Did you attend UND? Yes, as did my wife.

Favorite current sioux player? Mike Forney (natch) and TJ Oshie

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Dave Christian & Cary Eades (good memories of going to games with Dad back in the day)

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Tim Bergland (again, natch) and UMD

Season ticket holder? Yes, recently upgraded to 4 seats so I could bring my daughters (die hard fans now) :blush:

City/State you were born and where you live now? VALLEY CITY, ND / SAUK RAPIDS MN

Did you attend UND? YES 1980-1985 B.S.EDUCATION/COACHING

Favorite current sioux player? T.J. OSHIE

Favorite all time sioux player? PHIL SYKES

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? MARK JOHNSON (WISCONSIN) SCSU team

Are you a season ticket holder? No but make it to games played in St.Cloud, Mankato,Duluth, each year plus about 8 games in Grand Forks.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Born in Breckenridge, MN, grew up in Fergus Falls, MN and Milbank, SD. Live in Mpls.

Did you attend UND? '84-'87

Favorite current sioux player? Duncan and Chorney and Kaip

Favorite all time sioux player/s? I don't know how to pick one. Toews, Spiewak, Panzer, Hrkac....insert name here.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Never felt an affinity for another team's player but loved to hate Pat Michelletti back in the day. That's probably a form of flattery. Currently like Duluth as my #2 team. Great city and I love that neck of the woods (lake).

Are you a season ticket holder? No. Get up for 1 series a year. Try to catch them in a couple locations closer to Mpls if possible.

Pheasants :blush:

Yep, train leaves for the old stomping grounds at 6am tomorrow! I don't think my dog will sleep tonite.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Grand Forks, ND-Grand Forks, ND

Did you attend UND? Yes and still do

Favorite current sioux player? Ryan Duncan

Favorite all time sioux player? Joby Bond(didnt play much but I knew him) and Mike Prpich

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Keith Ballard and Duluth

City/State you were born and where you live now? Devils Lake, ND Minneapolis, MN

Did you attend UND? 90-94 BBA

Favorite current sioux player? TJ Oshie

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Hrkac, Parise, Eades, Sykes - h@ll the list is too long.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Jordan Leopold - Not fond of any team in particular.

Are you a season ticket holder? Family has had tickets for years. I make it to a few series every year in GF and atleast a couple games at other WCHA locations.

City/State you were born and where you live now? Grand Forks, ND

Did you attend UND? Currently

Favorite current sioux player? TJ Oshie

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Toews

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Jordan Leopold...loved watching him play. team:Duluth

Are you a season ticket holder? Student Season Tickets

City/State you were born and where you live now? Northwood ND, Fridley MN

Did you attend UND? Yup

Favorite current sioux player? Robbie Bina (character, courage, perseverance)

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Doug Smail (Jeff Panzer nearby)

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Curt Giles of UMD, definitely CC (as in classy class, although I'm also fond of Maine)

Are you a season ticket holder? Yes, with family

City/State you were born and where you live now? Bismarck, ND - Whitwell, TN

Did you attend UND? Proud Alum!!! 1995-2002; BS in Elementary Education and Masters in Special Education

Favorite current sioux player? Don't have a favorite right now.

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Zach Parise, Mike Commodore (was cool enough to drink with me on several occasions), Karl Goehring

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Don't know if I have a favorite. Enjoyed watching Heatley, Bonin, and Matt Cullen; as for team, Duluth.

Are you a season ticket holder? Was for 5 seasons before leaving GF, but no longer due to distance I'd have to travel to use those seats! :blush:

City/State you were born and where you live now? Rochester, MN -- Fargo, ND

Did you attend UND? Yes. Graduated 2004 BS in Early Childhood Education/Elementary Education

Favorite current sioux player? I like 'em all.

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Too hard. I can name close to 10 that would fit.

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Don't really have a favorite non-Sioux WCHA player. I liked Backes, Morin, Raymond, Lessard, Gauthier(Sp?), Sertich, Cullen... As for team, I'd say Duluth.

Are you a season ticket holder? As a student yes, until they went to that lottery system my final year. Didn't get drawn. :blush:

City/State you were born and where you live now? Born - Manitowoc, WI --- Raised - Howards Grove, WI --- Live Now - Grand Forks, ND

Did you attend UND? Yes, currently

Favorite current sioux player? Kozek, with assistant favorites to Duncs, Osh, and Finley

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Toews, Porter, Smaby

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? Don't have a favorite player but enjoyed watching Brian Elliot. UAA as my favorite non-Sioux team

Are you a season ticket holder? Yes...haven't missed an away game this year either.

i did narrow it down! I only chose the teams from 2004 until now! but fine if you want it narrowed down. Phil, Joe, Zach, TJ, Ryan D., Rylan, Kyle, and Robbie. Are you happy now there Diggler?

wow, first name basis, thats sweet and also there was no need to mention me in your list, thanks though ;):D

City/State you were born and where you live now? Deadwood, SD and now Grand Forks, ND

Did you attend UND? Yes, B.S. and M.S.

Favorite current sioux player? Ryan Duncan

Favorite all time sioux player/s? Hmmm...Duncs, Stafford, Toews,

Favorite all time NON sioux WCHA player and team? This one is tough, as I am a pretty big homer...I'll say Chris Connor and UMD

Are you a season ticket holder? Yes, have been since the new Ralph opened