SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings SUCK!

Sioux-cia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the Vikes could run the string and win every game they could make the playoffs as a 10-6 team

I also think they could make the playoffs as a 9-7 team.

Their schedule isn't that tough either, but the Bears and Washington could give them fits.

I don't know, I am torn and I am not a Jackson fan but Jackson actually looks decent enough right now to not be moving on,

which is scarey because it could mean the Vikes could be stuck with him for some time. What happens if these long bombs start

connecting.

IF the Vikes could run the string and win every game they could make the playoffs as a 10-6 team

I also think they could make the playoffs as a 9-7 team.

Their schedule isn't that tough either, but the Bears and Washington could give them fits.

I don't know, I am torn and I am not a Jackson fan but Jackson actually looks decent enough right now to not be moving on,

which is scarey because it could mean the Vikes could be stuck with him for some time. What happens if these long bombs start

connecting.

Arizona and Minnesota have the easiest remaining schedules in the NFL. Interestingly, these teams are tied for the last playoff spot, along with Detroi, in the NFC. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

5 weeks ago the Vikings started their powerhouse winning ways over San Diego. They've gone 4-1 in this span with only one road bump. That road bump was more like hitting a wall at 65 mph...that was the Green Bay Packers who thumped them 34-0.

What does this mean? Vikes are better than they were before, and playing very well, but they still are very very very far from being a great NFC team. They haven't beaten anyone of significance except average to below-average teams....big whoop.

5 weeks ago the Vikings started their powerhouse winning ways over San Diego. They've gone 4-1 in this span with only one road bump. That road bump was more like hitting a wall at 65 mph...that was the Green Bay Packers who thumped them 34-0.

What does this mean? Vikes are better than they were before, and playing very well, but they still are very very very far from being a great NFC team. They haven't beaten anyone of significance except average to below-average teams....big whoop.

Actually, there appears to be a lot of similarities between the 2007 Vikes and the 2006 Pack. As I'm sure you recall, Green Bay was sitting at 4-8 this time last year, and went on to win their final four games. They've gone on to have a (so far) great 2007 season. If the Vikes can finish this season at 9-7 or even 10-6 after a 2-5 start, regardless of what happens in the playoffs they could be poised for big things next year. Much depends on the continued development of Jackson into a competent, manage-the-game quarterback. The Vikes are already the best rushing team in the NFL, and are top-10 in scoring defense. If they can have another draft similar to the past two years, they could be very dangerous next year.

John Madden was in New England to announce a football game one weekend when he noticed a special telephone near the Patriots' bench. He asked QB Brady what it was used for and was told it was a hotline to God. John asked if he could use it. Brady replied, "Sure, but it will cost you $200." John scratched his head, then thought, what the heck, I could use some help picking games. He pulled out his wallet and paid $200. John's picks were perfect that week.

The next week, John was in Minneapolis when he noticed that same kind of phone on the Vikings bench. He asked what the telephone was for and Bollinger told him, "It's a hotline to God. If you want to use it, it will cost you $500." Recalling the previous week, John pulled out his wallet and made the call. John's picks were perfect again that week.

Last weekend, John was in Green Bay , when he noticed the same kind of telephone by the Packers 'bench. He asked Brett Favre, "Is that the hotline to God?" Favre said, "Yes, and if you want to use it, it will cost you 50 cents."

John looked incredulously at Favre and said,"Wait a second, I just paid $200 in New England and $500 in Minneapolis to use the same phone to God! Why do the Packers only charge 50 cents?"

Favre replied, "Because in Green Bay , it's a local call."

GO PACKERS!!!!

John Madden was in New England to announce a football game one weekend when he noticed a special telephone near the Patriots' bench. He asked QB Brady what it was used for and was told it was a hotline to God. John asked if he could use it. Brady replied, "Sure, but it will cost you $200." John scratched his head, then thought, what the heck, I could use some help picking games. He pulled out his wallet and paid $200. John's picks were perfect that week.

The next week, John was in Minneapolis when he noticed that same kind of phone on the Vikings bench. He asked what the telephone was for and Bollinger told him, "It's a hotline to God. If you want to use it, it will cost you $500." Recalling the previous week, John pulled out his wallet and made the call. John's picks were perfect again that week.

Last weekend, John was in Green Bay , when he noticed the same kind of telephone by the Packers 'bench. He asked Brett Favre, "Is that the hotline to God?" Favre said, "Yes, and if you want to use it, it will cost you 50 cents."

John looked incredulously at Favre and said,"Wait a second, I just paid $200 in New England and $500 in Minneapolis to use the same phone to God! Why do the Packers only charge 50 cents?"

Favre replied, "Because in Green Bay , it's a local call."

GO PACKERS!!!!

Thats a good one!

Question for the Vikings fans:

Ok, the Vikings have been playing well lately. Yeah, Eli Manning gave them the game. True the Chargers crapped their breezers and should have won the game. However, this recent development poses an interesting situation.

Which would you, as a Vikings fan, rather see:

Situation A: Vikings continue their winning ways and win out. They make the playoffs and face whoever, it doesn't matter. They lose (Which they would. No crappy teams, except perhaps the Giants, make the playoffs). Childress claims victory and is rewarded with a 5 year extension.

Situation B: Vikings take a dump and lose out and take a better draft pick. They fire Childress and hire a better coach. Just to make this situation more interesting, we'll say they draft well, improve their WR and DB Corps in the offseason with the higher picks.

Situation A: Vikings continue their winning ways and win out. They make the playoffs and face whoever, it doesn't matter. They lose (Which they would. No crappy teams, except perhaps the Giants, make the playoffs). Childress claims victory and is rewarded with a 5 year extension.

we know this one :lol: the other one makes too much sense for sotas :huh:

Question for the Vikings fans:

Ok, the Vikings have been playing well lately. Yeah, Eli Manning gave them the game. True the Chargers crapped their breezers and should have won the game. However, this recent development poses an interesting situation.

Which would you, as a Vikings fan, rather see:

Situation B: Vikings take a dump and lose out and take a better draft pick. They fire Childress and hire a better coach. Just to make this situation more interesting, we'll say they draft well, improve their WR and DB Corps in the offseason with the higher picks.

Neither situation is going to play out that way. There are only a few really good teams in the league this year. Then there are a bunch in the middle and the Vikings are one of those. And then there are a bunch of really bad teams this year. If they make the playoffs they will play either Seattle or Tampa. Neither is a great team and Minnesota could beat either one. Then they would face either Dallas or Green Bay. Those are among the top group this year and it would be a big upset for Minnesota to win in either case.

Even if they lose out they would finish at 7-9. That is better than last year. It is also better than a lot of other teams this year. If they lose out they will end up around #15 in the draft, if they win out they will end up around 22 or 23, not a huge difference in draft position. Childress will not be fired no matter how they finish the last 3 games and will not get an extension unless they win the Super Bowl.