SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Shines in OHL Debut!

Old Time Hockey

after his blazing first game... looks like ag has struggled in his last two, giving up ten goals in the two losses. hopefully he will find some consistency in his game.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/o...&format=pdf

Just check the game sheets, ag gave up 7 goals in the two loss.

It looks like st mikes will struggle to play 500% , should have stay and enjoy the national title!

according to this ohl gamesheet, http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/t...p?game_id=14651, he gave up seven in this one loss alone. im not positive, but pretty sure he couldn't get the other loss if he didn't give up any goals :) not sure where to find the gamesheet for his other loss, but his yearly stats have him at 1-2 with 12 goals against (i believe he only gave up two in his opener) which leaves ten in the two losses. thanks for the double check though.

edit: i don't know why the game sheets conflict, but the sheet your link goes to shows the other goalie playing the 3rd and giving up the final three, where as my link charges ag with all 7? either way it doesn't really matter, because it's the ohl, not sioux hockey.

• 3 weeks later...

First off SO WHAT. If your hurt you shouldn't play. I don't buy that argument. How long does it take to recover from a knee injury reguardless his numbers are shabby.

who knows, maybe he got hurt again in the ohl, and 2nd who cares :ohmy:

after his blazing first game... looks like ag has struggled in his last two, giving up ten goals in the two losses. hopefully he will find some consistency in his game.

Only consistency I see is that he faces twice as many shots on goal as his opponents. Allowing 40+ shots on goal every night is not good defence. Looks like an uphill struggle for any goalie. He's going to need more than consistency in his game, some help from the rest of the team would be nice.

Only consistency I see is that he faces twice as many shots on goal as his opponents. Allowing 40+ shots on goal every night is not good defence. Looks like an uphill struggle for any goalie. He's going to need more than consistency in his game, some help from the rest of the team would be nice.

How many great goalie even when faced with a lot of shots still make the stops. I know these are extreme cases but College hockey goalies like Elliot and Bachman, and as well as NHL CUJO and Luongo come to mind right away that have been on teams that give up a lot of shots.

How many great goalie even when faced with a lot of shots still make the stops. I know these are extreme cases but College hockey goalies like Elliot and Bachman, and as well as NHL CUJO and Luongo come to mind right away that have been on teams that give up a lot of shots.

To expect a goalie of the caliber you mentioned out of AG is unrealistic, especially at his age. Those guys were all unbelievable goalies (except maybe Bachman...he hasn't played long enough). Anthony will only get better by playing on a crappy team.

To expect a goalie of the caliber you mentioned out of AG is unrealistic, especially at his age. Those guys were all unbelievable goalies (except maybe Bachman...he hasn't played long enough). Anthony will only get better by playing on a crappy team.

Stats don't always paint an accurate picture on how a tender is playin'. Especially when the guy doesn't have much help in front of him. JPL's stats might look very similar to AG's if he played on the St. Mikes team.

Thing to remember goalies are headcases and we only have two on our team which is a bad situation to be in.

yep, about Sunday so almost a week ago. Landon Snider from Minnesota...freshman

no he said 2nd tender, not 2, 3rd strings :D

phil will go the ditance anyways barring injuries, there is no getting burnt out in college hockey when you play 2 games per week. phil has mentioned this as well. having the 3rd goalie now will just help out with breaks in practice.

no he said 2nd tender, not 2, 3rd strings :D

phil will go the ditance anyways barring injuries, there is no getting burnt out in college hockey when you play 2 games per week. phil has mentioned this as well. having the 3rd goalie now will just help out with breaks in practice.

Careful saying that. I said that a few weeks back about a 3rd string prospect and I got "chewed out" by posters saying that I was player hating. ;)