SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BOSTON COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neither team could get a play going, the puck was bouncing so bad for both teams it was like the ice was melting. it was a joke all around from the 1st period. i wouldnt go back to BC anytime soon. waste all around

Now that I have had some time to cool down (something impossible in Bean town) it seems to me that BC should have had to forfeit the game. I need to go through the NCAA rule book but maybe someone else knows the answer? If the home team can not provide a viable playing surface should they not have to forfeit the game. BC could have cleared the arena to help lower the temp and then played out the 3rd period but they did not. The fog went away very quickly after the crowd had cleared out after the game was called. Another question, who has the power to declare a tie after 2 periods? I think the commissioner of Hockey East was at the game and I know the refs consulted with him. Hak all but said on the radio that he wanted his team to keep playing. I would guess the head referee had the final say but again I think this should have been a BC forfeit, especially since BC knew that the lack of A/C was a serious problem. I don't think we should be penalized because of BCs failure to provide a playable hockey rink. A tie is not a win!!!

Now that I have had some time to cool down (something impossible in Bean town) it seems to me that BC should have had to forfeit the game. I need to go through the NCAA rule book but maybe someone else knows the answer? If the home team can not provide a viable playing surface should they not have to forfeit the game. BC could have cleared the arena to help lower the temp and then played out the 3rd period but they did not. The fog went away very quickly after the crowd had cleared out after the game was called. Another question, who has the power to declare a tie after 2 periods? I think the commissioner of Hockey East was at the game and I know the refs consulted with him. Hak all but said on the radio that he wanted his team to keep playing. I would guess the head referee had the final say but again I think this should have been a BC forfeit, especially since BC knew that the lack of A/C was a serious problem. I don't think we should be penalized because of BCs failure to provide a playable hockey rink. A tie is not a win!!!

Your right, the HE league commish was on CSTV and bascially said between the second period break that it was the Refs call.

You could tell this was where the game was going. I think UND should think twice before they make another trip to Boston in October to play B.C. this is a fricken joke that they can't even finish the game. If they can't play in the B.C. home arena move it to the Bruins arena or find a better arena in the area.

I think I found part of the answer in the NCAA rule book.

SECTION 55

d. If, at any time during the course of the game, a referee believes that the

playing conditions or the conditions among the players and/or spectators

have become unsatisfactory, the referee may stop the game; and the

score of the game shall be what it was when the game was stopped. It

shall be

I think I found part of the answer in the NCAA rule book.

Grr. Here I go scouring the rule book to find the rule, only to find out you found it first.

On another note, I think one of the reasons that made it easy to end the game is that it was a tie. Neither team was getting screwed.

Grr. Here I go scowering the rule book to find the rule, only to find out you found it first.

On another note, I think one of the reasons that made it easy to end the game is that it was a tie. Neither team was getting screwed.

I was thinking what if the Sioux or the eagles scored in the second period, then would the game counted as well?

If either team had scored in the 2nd period and had a lead at the end of 2, they would have won the game when it was called off.

time for northeastern to feel the wrath of the sioux offense. lets whoop some boston NE azz and go home wit 2 shutouts in a row for phil :crazy: 3 overall :love: in3 games

time for northeastern to feel the wrath of the sioux offense. lets whoop some boston NE azz and go home wit 2 shutouts in a row for phil :crazy: 3 overall :love: in3 games

plus the sioux should feel more rested, NE actually had to play an OT on fri. shouldnt make too big of a diff, but we will take what ever we can get.

... it seems to me that BC should have had to forfeit the game.

I agree with this but with one caveat: If this was the first time this had happened, no.

But seeing how this is now "fool me twice" yes, BC should have had to forfeit for not being able to provide suitable playing conditions.

My take on last night. Cudos to Jean-Phillipe turning in a solid effort last night under horseshit conditions. We are going to be just fine with him in the pipes. I thought Vandy was probably the best player on the ice for either team last night. I may be a little slow, but I finally figured out why gerbe gets all those one on zero and one on one situations, he's nothing more than a yappy little cherry picker. Let's be honest, I wouldn't be running off at the mouth the embarrassing way you play the game there kid. You see what happened to him when he went down below the dots where the men play the game, he was totally ineffective. Now to petricki or whatever his name is. His hit on Watkins was far more vicious than TJ's on abdelkader. Kaip only did what he had to do, and then getting a double minor for that was bull$%!#. A hit like that from behind, and to the head is just as dangerous as any other hit from behind, maybe even more dangerous. Our first line looked like they struggled a bit. Kozek had another solid effort, we need that, keep up the good work Andy. We need to take better care of the puck when trying to advance it up the ice, to many sloppy passes coming out of our end and in the neutral zone. It sucks we lost Malone, hope his recovery is quick and he is 100% soon, we need the physical presence he brings. I din't think it was a bad effort considering the Bush League conditions both teams were up against. I can't fault the bc players, as I'm sure it is an embarrassment for them. However, the powers that be in their organization should be ashamed of themselves. That's two black eye's on national tv in less than a year. Somebody out their please pull your head out of your ass and rectify this situation. How about doug flutie, why don't you open up your wallet to your beloved bc and get them the new "Flutie Arena." Total bush league. Oh well, put it behind us and move on and kick Northeastern's ass tonight.

I believe that it was Hakstol saying that it was about 80 degrees on the ice. Our skaters have some work to do. Way too many stupid passes across the middle intercepted by BC. That is what cost us the past couple of times we played them and we had players doing it again. Lammy was just outstanding, rock solid on some great scoring chances for BC. I think BC has found themselves a good goalie in Muse, although it looked like we shot it into him a few times. It was interesting that BC had the upper hand the first half of each period and then it appeared that the Sioux took control the last half of each period. Maybe conditioning? I was looking forward to the third period with the thought that maybe the Sioux were better conditioned than BC, but we will never know now. As for the hit on Watkins, that was blatant checking from behind. After the BS call against RPI last weekend and the call on Oshie, to have this be a non-call on CFB shows that this is still very inconsistent. Sioux should have had a 5 minute major, although 2 minutes offset by Kaip. The refs flat out blew that situation.

It looked like TJ got dinged up a little for a while. Here's hoping he is ok and that Malone will be back quickly.

I believe that it was Hakstol saying that it was about 80 degrees on the ice. Our skaters have some work to do. Way too many stupid passes across the middle intercepted by BC. That is what cost us the past couple of times we played them and we had players doing it again. Lammy was just outstanding, rock solid on some great scoring chances for BC. I think BC has found themselves a good goalie in Muse, although it looked like we shot it into him a few times. It was interesting that BC had the upper hand the first half of each period and then it appeared that the Sioux took control the last half of each period. Maybe conditioning? I was looking forward to the third period with the thought that maybe the Sioux were better conditioned than BC, but we will never know now. As for the hit on Watkins, that was blatant checking from behind. After the BS call against RPI last weekend and the call on Oshie, to have this be a non-call on CFB shows that this is still very inconsistent. Sioux should have had a 5 minute major, although 2 minutes offset by Kaip. The refs flat out blew that situation.

It looked like TJ got dinged up a little for a while. Here's hoping he is ok and that Malone will be back quickly.

There was another checking from behind on Watkins after the one Kaip retaliated for. The official called a two minute board. That one was even more flagrant than the first.

I'm sure that the second one came about because the official gave a pass (not even a two minute power play) to BC for doing so.

What a joke.