SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BOSTON COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And keep in mind looking down on the rink has much better visibility than being on the rink looking across it.

also on TV the cameras didnt do it justice as some angles it didnt show at all wit that technology but then on certain shots we saw it and just took 2 more jag bombs for phils performance as we knew our night of hockey was over.

One of the only games I personally get to watch on cable in Fergus Falls and it gets called after two periods. Any respect I had for Boston College is gone, I hope we never waste one of our non-conference games against them again. NICE EFFORT BC

You had respect for them? Their fans are almost worse than umtc fans.

I got to watch the game this morning. I was surprised to read that Hak thought we played well. I thought we were out hit and out hustled. Passes weren't sharp either, but I guess there is a good excuse for that.

It seemed like Jean-Philip played well, but I also thought he looked out of position at times. Maybe it's just me, but he seemed to be too deep in the crease and not really challenging anyone.

I don't want to end up seeing BC again. They were good and matched up well against us.

I got to watch the game this morning. I was surprised to read that Hak thought we played well. I thought we were out hit and out hustled. Passes weren't sharp either, but I guess there is a good excuse for that.

It seemed like Jean-Philip played well, but I also thought he looked out of position at times. Maybe it's just me, but he seemed to be too deep in the crease and not really challenging anyone.

I don't want to end up seeing BC again. They were good and matched up well against us.

phil played very well. i could care less how he plays positionally as hes given up 0 goals on 79 shots in 3 games. i think you are digging a bit deap here on phil.

were the sioux great this weekend? not in all areas but we got a win and a tie. didnt give up a single goal. next up mtu, i think we will get rolling on offense in houghton vs 2 good goalies.

phil played very well. i could care less how he plays positionally as hes given up 0 goals on 79 shots in 3 games. i think you are digging a bit deap here on phil.

were the sioux great this weekend? not in all areas but we got a win and a tie. didnt give up a single goal. next up mtu, i think we will get rolling on offense in houghton vs 2 good goalies.

Not trying to dig on Phil at all. All these shutouts are great and he's obviously playing well. It was just an observation as I thought BC could've put a few in if they went for the high corners.

Just got back to lovely tropical GFK after a fun (and sometimes not so fun) weekend in Boston. Here are some thougts after seeing things first hand.

-Good Sioux turnout...great at the NU game. Didn't go anywhere in the city without running into one or more Sioux fans. If you take away the students at the NU game, I bet 1 out of 4 was a Sioux fan. Way to go everyone!

-The BC game was insanely hot inside. I would not doubt it was 80 degrees. I had to take off my jersey leaving just a t-shirt and jeans and I was sweating profusely, and I don't sweat easy.

-At the NU game...Brad Malone and Derrick Lapoint were wandering a bit. I ran into Derrick and talked to him for a minute about the BC game and he said Thursday's practice was even worse. The ice was puddling in many places and they weren't sure if the game would even be played. He said it was horrible and he couldn't even see the puck when it was in the corners.

-Brad looked like he was in good spirits when in the stands at the NU game. I didn't know about his injury until after the game, but he didn't look like he was in much pain and was mostly smiling...no arm slings or anything like that. We can only hope it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

-I thought that UND could have played a lot harder than they did against NU. Lammy won that one hands down for our guys.

-DOF line needs to pick it up a bit. Good movement at times but aren't getting many good looks.

-Too many stupid penalties.

-MTU will not be a gimmie at all. In fact, we will be VERY lucky to split if we played like we did this past weekend.

That's all for now. Nice meeting some of you fans in Beantown! (I had a green Watkins jersey on Friday, black Smaby on Saturday for those that were there)

They did bring in dehumidifiers and I thought I heard that something else was installed at like 2 am gameday. Obviously it was too late.

They did bring them in and that is probably why the power went out twice, but I was at the game and Boston was HUMID and I don't think any amount of dehumidifiers would have helped once the fans enter and let all the humidity back in and raise the temperature of the arena significantly.

They did bring them in and that is probably why the power went out twice, but I was at the game and Boston was HUMID and I don't think any amount of dehumidifiers would have helped once the fans enter and let all the humidity back in and raise the temperature of the arena significantly.

Who cares if it was humid in Boston. There is absolutely no excuse for s&!t like this. Let's get down to the bottom line, bc's arena is a pile of crap. Cripes they play hockey in Texas, New Mexico, LA, Florida, and some of those places are hot and humid and you sure don't hear of problems likes this. I could see if it was the first time it happened, but it's happened three times and twice in the last year. This is a big load of horseshit. Hey nc$$ instead of worrying about nicknames, maybe you should make sure that these games are being played and completed like they should be.