SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone rooting for MOO U on Saturday isn't a true Sioux fan!

rick blaine

The Cow College down South is THE enemy, always has been and always will be even if we don't play them in football for another 50 years!

The Gophers have never been our enemy in football. How quickly some of you forget what a true rivalry is, and how much scorn and ridicule the SU faithful heaped on the Sioux football program for so many years, maybe some of you are too young too remember.

I'd rather root for Taliban U than those arrogant SOBs from Fargo.

So if you choose to cheer for the Bison Saturday you can then call yourself a sort of Sioux fan, or a sometimes Sioux fan, or a when it's convenient Sioux fan, but a tried and true bleeds kelly green Sioux fan you can never be.

Here endeth the lesson.

The Cow College down South is THE enemy, always has been and always will be even if we don't play them in football for another 50 years!

The Gophers have never been our enemy in football. How quickly some of you forget what a true rivalry is, and how much scorn and ridicule the SU faithful heaped on the Sioux football program for so many years, maybe some of you are too young too remember.

So if you choose to cheer for the Bison Saturday you can then call yourself a sort of Sioux fan, or a sometimes Sioux fan, or a when it's convenient Sioux fan, but a tried and true bleeds kelly green Sioux fan you can never be.

Here endeth the lesson.

I enjoy the UND-NDSU rivalry as much as the next guy and happen to work with a lot of NDSU grads and we thrive in giving each other a bad time. That said, I will not be "cheering" :lol: for NDSU, but I think an NDSU win is a good thing for ND in general, so I would like them to win. Like it or not, NDSU looking good nationwide looks good for us as well.

I guess I see the "joke" reference you are trying to create, but I would not have necessarily resorted to cheering for Taliban U considering the current timeframe in the world.

I know how much of a Sioux fan that I am, and wanting to see NDSU win this weekend has nothing to do with my allegiance to UND.

Here endeth the revised lesson.

I enjoy the UND-NDSU rivalry as much as the next guy and happen to work with a lot of NDSU grads and we thrive in giving each other a bad time. That said, I will not be "cheering" :lol: for NDSU, but I think an NDSU win is a good thing for ND in general, so I would like them to win. Like it or not, NDSU looking good nationwide looks good for us as well.

I guess I see the "joke" reference you are trying to create, but I would not have necessarily resorted to cheering for Taliban U considering the current timeframe in the world.

I know how much of a Sioux fan that I am, and wanting to see NDSU win this weekend has nothing to do with my allegiance to UND.

Here endeth the revised lesson.

Yepp, he apparently doesn't know me at all....

How dare you say that to anyone? You have no idea what kinds of fans other people are, and you have no right to tell people who they can and can't cheer for.

How exactly is a NDSU win good for North Dakota in general? That makes no sense to me.

Let's rephrase the question and see if it makes sense?

How exactly would the UND hockey team picking up the 8th national championship this year (or any year) be good for North Dakota in general?

My answer is any exposure for the State of North Dakota from a winning sports program of _____(insert University here)___ is good for North Dakota in general.

PS: Yes, include Mayville, Minot, Mary, Jamestown, Valley City, Dickinson, Williston, Devils Lake, etc.

Let's rephrase the question and see if it makes sense?

How exactly would the UND hockey team picking up the 8th national championship this year (or any year) be good for North Dakota in general?

My answer is any exposure for the State of North Dakota from a winning sports program of _____(insert University here)___ is good for North Dakota in general.

PS: Yes, include Mayville, Minot, Mary, Jamestown, Valley City, Dickinson, Williston, Devils Lake, etc.

Yes, exactly. Exposure for ND sports teams is good for ND.

I'd like to call it state pride. I wouldn't want to bleed Kelly green with you if that's your definition of a 'true' Sioux fan anyways :lol: . I'll cheer for whoever I want and I will be one of the Sioux fans who will be cheering for NDSU on Saturday. Also most of the time the only Bison S.O.B.'s that I know are mostly the messageboarding ones. All the Bison fans that I've met personally have been very nice people.

Note: The only time I won't cheer for NDSU is whenever they play an athletic sport against UND. :lol:

This is quite humorous.... Rick has TOTALLY LOST HIS GRASP ON REALITY! The UND/NDSU rivalry is just that.... a rivalry. It should never be taken too seriously.

As for labeling NDSU fans as "arrogant SOBs from Fargo"..... A good look in the mirror would do Rick some good.

Here endeth the lesson.

Isn't too early to be drunk already?

I am actually enjoying this week with Bison and Sioux fans finally finding something to rally around together. I have been hearing from Sioux fans about this Gopher fan arrogance and high and mighty attitude for years and have never fully understood until this week. The amount of trash talk about our state that I have heard this week is enough to make me sick. I will defend ND until I am blue in the face. I love ND and always will. In the past I have cheered against the Sioux when they played the Gophers in hockey. My reason being the typical if it's bad for UND it's good for NDSU. I no longer feel this way. This week has changed my opinion of most Sioux fans and has definitely lowered my opinion of some Gopher fans. Go Sioux, Go Bison.

Here endeth the lesson.

Go screw yourself and don't tell me what I am or am not.

If you are going to cheer for one or the other, cheer for NDSU. I have heard way too many bad things coming from the metro area about North Dakota (the state). The arrogance of folks surrounding the gopher program is incredible. A win for the bison is a win for the state of ND. NDSU fans likely encountered many jerks at the dome last year who were gopher fans, they will see the same this year....and this is for a program that hasn't won anything in half a century. Imagine being around gopher hockey fans who have a fairly successful program. The arrogance increases exponentially!

Anyway, instead of me saying "Go North Dakota State!" I will say: "GO STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA!!!"

I wouldn't call myself big hockey fan, because I just didn't follow it at all while I was growing up in Northwestern North Dakota. But it's pretty cool when, on the occasion I overhear Gopher fans make fun of our state someone always brings up Fighting Sioux hockey and it shuts them the hell up. I'd love to see us add football and basketball victories to those conversations also. We already took care of the Badgers for bragging rights, the Gophers are next.

Here endeth the lesson.

You're a moron. I am a "tried and true" Sioux fan, but I'm cheering for NDSU. I'm from the state of North Dakota, not Minnesota.

Taliban U huh? Clever.

If you are going to cheer for one or the other, cheer for NDSU. I have heard way too many bad things coming from the metro area about North Dakota (the state). The arrogance of folks surrounding the gopher program is incredible. A win for the bison is a win for the state of ND. NDSU fans likely encountered many jerks at the dome last year who were gopher fans, they will see the same this year....and this is for a program that hasn't won anything in half a century. Imagine being around gopher hockey fans who have a fairly successful program. The arrogance increases exponentially!

Anyway, instead of me saying "Go North Dakota State!" I will say: "GO STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA!!!"

What's interesting, whether it be hockey, football, whatever...is that if the debate regarding the teams on the ice/field breaks down for them, it always evolves into a crapfest of what a $h1thole North Dakota/Grand Forks/Fargo is. It never fails. One ND flagship has ended their hockey season two of the last three years, and the other is about to embarass them on the football field tomorrow. NDSU has my Sioux-port tomorrow.

On the Fan this week, they kept referring to how much superior the "quality of life" is in the Twin Cities vs. ND. What, how are they defining quality of life? If you have pro sports teams you have a better quality of life?

Do the pro sports teams and more restraunts really trump the traffic, pollution, crime, and homelessness that you see in the TC metro. Is the quality of life in Fargo, GF, Bis, Minot so much inferior to Minnesota? Sorry, I didn't get the logic.