SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Boston College & Northeastern

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_2968.JPG VS 9078.jpg & 3672.jpg

The Sioux come off a nice 6-0 shutout of the defending champs. Nice work in all areas. Phil was solid and got his 5th shutout of his career. The defense was very good and we got goals from 6 different players and points from 12 different players! Nice depth for the first game. These non conference games overall will mean a lot in the end when tourney time rolls around so lets keep it rolling out east!!

10/19/07 @ Boston College - BC is coming off a overtime loss to michigan in the icebreaker tourney in st paul and then rebounded with a 4-1 win over a fiesty RPI team which puts them at 1-1-0 for the year. They have many skilled players like bertram and gerbe back from their runner up team last season but goaltending is a BIG ?. All 3 goalies are freshman.

10/20/07 @ Northeastern - Northeastern hasnt played yet but will host hockey east oppenent Providence in their first game of the year on friday 10/19. The Sioux hosted Northeastern 2 seasons ago beating them 6-1 and 2-1 in grand forks.

ill go with a 4-3 win @ BC and a 5-2 win @ Northeastern

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite optimistic for the first time with our game against Boston College. I like our chances this time around. I see the Sioux winning 3-1.

As for Northeastern University I see the Sioux winning 4-0.

None the less they are going to be great games and will once again be a good test for the Sioux.

I don't think either game will be a shutout. Traveling time zones is tougher than you think. Even though BC lost to Michigan, you have to imagine they'll be very ready to play for their home opener. The rink will be loud and crazy. It will be a good test for UND and I think the BC game will be within 2 goals the whole game.

The NU game, depending on how the BC game goes, will be a good place for Grieco to start (or Walski, but I would think Grieco first). NU isn't too crazy of a place to play, especially after play BC. I expect the Sioux to get it going early and often and coast to a victory. I think Martens and Marto will get a shot in this game also. Sioux by a few.

BC is always a small team, but this year even more so. They looked very soft against Michigan and RPI. The Sioux can win this game by hitting clean, early, and often. We should control the corners and in front of the net. Our defense is very mobile so hopefully we can contain some of the BC rockets like Gerbe and Bertram. The BC goalie Muse looked very good, but he can't stop what he cant see. I think the biggest thing against BC is back check and don't give the puck away in transition. I'll go Sioux 4 BC 2.

UND should stomp Northeastern. Some backups play and the Sioux win 6-1.

what are the chances of a webcast for either of these games. Slim to not a shot in hell? Probably be a 96.1 weekend I'd imagine. :glare:

Ya know, its the 2000's! you think at a small price you could get just about anything you wanted these days. I think its pure laziness why this isn't the case.

what are the chances of a webcast for either of these games. Slim to not a shot in hell? Probably be a 96.1 weekend I'd imagine. :p

Ya know, its the 2000's! you think at a small price you could get just about anything you wanted these days. I think its pure laziness why this isn't the case.

Both of these games can be viewed on the web. One for free, the other for a small fee.

:glare:Welcome to 2007 :angry:

BC is a damn good team, I don't care if they lost to Michigan. Friday nights game is going to be very interesting. As for Saturday, it will be interesting to see if they make some personal moves to give guys a night off.

junior brock bradford, a BC forward is out 10 weeks or so with a broken arm. he scored 45 points last season making him the 4th leading scorer last year for BC. that has to be a big loss for BC.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens...ion_for_eagles/

what are the chances of a webcast for either of these games. Slim to not a shot in hell? Probably be a 96.1 weekend I'd imagine. :glare:

Fridays game on CSTV It will be on at the Italian Moon or anyplace that has CSTV

BC on the road will be a tough test. We will have to bring our A game to win. It will be interesting to see how the freshman play in their first road game. Having experienced D-men is a huge boost to start the season. We only have to work in one freshman Marto/LaPoint in the rotation and that is a big bonus. We owe BC some payback and even though it is only regular season we are due to hand them a big fat L!!!

He and a few others were benched for disciplinary reasons.

I am guessing those players will be back next weekend. After the Maroon and Gold...I dislike BC more than any other team in the country with Michigan probably third and Denver fourth!!!

I am guessing those players will be back next weekend. After the Maroon and Gold...I dislike BC more than any other team in the country with Michigan probably third and Denver fourth!!!

Yes, and that might be a good thing for the Sioux as Motherwell was horrendous in the Michigan game.

I think the Sioux sweep: Friday they whack a midget and win a prize UND: 4- BC: 2. Saturday well, if you can beat Michigan St. 6 - 0, the NU game might be pretty ugly.

I may have two tickets for the NU game available if anyone needs them.

Is it a rule that you can only travel 21 players? If so, who do you think will make the trip, an extra defenseman, or an extra forward? If Marto is that close to cracking the lineup, I would say defense, but it might depend on practice throughout the week.

Is it a rule that you can only travel 21 players? If so, who do you think will make the trip, an extra defenseman, or an extra forward? If Marto is that close to cracking the lineup, I would say defense, but it might depend on practice throughout the week.

I would guess a extra forward only because of the thinking if a d man goes down then radke can slide in there and if a forward goes down then you have the extra forward that you brought with. who knows but that may be the thinking.

I would guess a extra forward only because of the thinking if a d man goes down then radke can slide in there and if a forward goes down then you have the extra forward that you brought with. who knows but that may be the thinking.

The Sioux have the luxury of not worrying about this issue as Radke could drop back and Genoway could move forward. Even Bina has played forward before so I think it is a very safe bet that Marto will be the extra.

The Sioux have the luxury of not worrying about this issue as Radke could drop back and Genoway could move forward. Even Bina has played forward before so I think it is a very safe bet that Marto will be the extra.

yeah thats very true as there are 3 players that can play O or D. not a issue either way.