SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ with no "A" on his Jersey?

siouxhockey5

I thought that perhaps there was a rule limiting a team to one captain and two assistants, but I can't find anything like that in the NCAA rule book. All it says is that each team must have one captain designated by a "C" on his jersey.

Michigan State's line chart shows no fewer than six assistant captains and doesn't say which player was the captain for Saturday's game. :glare:

I thought that perhaps there was a rule limiting a team to one captain and two assistants, but I can't find anything like that in the NCAA rule book. All it says is that each team must have one captain designated by a "C" on his jersey.

Michigan State's line chart shows no fewer than six assistant captains and doesn't say which player was the captain for Saturday's game. :glare:

Bryan Lerg was captain for MSU

PCM, you are correct. Based on International Ice Hockey Rules, each team can dress one C (Capt) and two As (Alternates vice Assistants) per hockey game. By the end of the season Oshie will likely get to wear the A just as often as the other two players.

PCM, you are correct. Based on International Ice Hockey Rules, each team can dress one C (Capt) and two As (Alternates vice Assistants) per hockey game. By the end of the season Oshie will likely get to wear the A just as often as the other two players.

thats weird cause last year toews, fabian and kaip all wore a's all year long

thats weird cause last year toews, fabian and kaip all wore a's all year long

I don't think IIHF rules apply to the NCAA. As far as I can tell, the NCAA rules have no limitation on how many players can wear an "A" on one team. All they say is that one player has to be designated a captain for the purpose of discussions with officials on the ice. If that player isn't available, another player can be designated in his place. But the rules don't say anything about whether the designated player needs to be wearing an "A" or assistant captains having any official role.

Brad Schlossman's blog has info on how Oshie lost his "A."

For those who had questions about why T.J. Oshie didn't have an 'A' on his jersey for the Michigan State game, Hakstol said he didn't even notice it. "(Equipment manager) Pat Swanson's sewing machine must have broke or something.... there's nothing to it."

My inside sources are indicating Oshie isn't starting off the year with the 'A' because of the Judy's/Grand Forks Police incident. That's not to say that he might not have the 'A' later in the year.

isnt that over and done with like last year