SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA and other opening weekend action

AZSIOUX

It was interesting to watch the RPI bench after the call. The FSN North camera crew put the camera on him just so everyone would know that, at that time, it dawned on RPI who was going to win the game.

I was impressed RPI didn't just roll over. I am sure Thul the tool expected them to.

Heck, they nearly tied it with seconds left!

Well, I think the two ref system like it was tonight is good in the NHL system, but it will be a miserable failure in the WCHA. In order for that system to work, you must have competent officials and competent administration. The WCHA has neither.

Amen. That was a cheap call for the home team, where is the red flag when you need it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

props to that RPI coach for not doing the dasher dance like our boy gwoz :love:

He didn't have to! All he did was wave a hand at the ice in a dismissive fashion, turn his back on the ice and then returned to coaching his team.

At that point he had to say to his team: "Ok, boys, we acquitted ourselves well. Too bad the Gophers are going to win this one. Let's see how long can we delay the inevitable."

Seriously, the crap they endured.... they last over 3 minutes!

I'm impressed with this RPI team.

I'm pretty sure the Gophers would have won in OT anyways, but it stinks the refs had to get involved.

That call toward the end of the game against RPI was total BS. It reminded me of a game a few years ago where a linesman named Kleven helped officiate.

And now wcha assistan referee will ever make a call against the Gophers again for fear of Lucia getting him suspended.

That call toward the end of the game against RPI was total BS. It reminded me of a game a few years ago where a linesman named Kleven helped officiate.

I agree, heck, during the Kleven game, weren't the penalties almost even? How could anyone expect the Goofs to win without their customary twice as many power play opportunities. Kleven was just trying to even things out and look what it got him.

I agree, heck, during the Kleven game, weren't the penalties almost even? How could anyone expect the Goofs to win without their customary twice as many power play opportunities. Kleven was just trying to even things out and look what it got him.

Your correct, however, I think we had two more power plays. Here's our halo.

I've got to find the tape of the game and post the penalty on youtube.

It was boarding and Kleven looked at Schmitt to see if he had seen the call, which he hadn't.

The tape is definitive as being a call that the AR should make.

hate to see injuries anywhere for sure

ryan stoa will be out a while depending on a MRI he will have. if so this would be a huge loss for minny. first liner with okposo and barribal. could be season ending.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_7173235?nclick_check=1

line took a hit when junior winger Ryan Stoa left the ice in the first period Saturday night with an injury. Lucia said Stoa, who had a goal and an assist in the season-opening 4-3 win over RPI on Friday night, "will probably be out awhile," noting that a magnetic resonance imaging test will be scheduled for Monday.

hate to see injuries anywhere for sure

ryan stoa will be out a while depending on a MRI he will have. if so this would be a huge loss for minny. first liner with okposo and barribal. could be season ending.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_7173235?nclick_check=1

line took a hit when junior winger Ryan Stoa left the ice in the first period Saturday night with an injury. Lucia said Stoa, who had a goal and an assist in the season-opening 4-3 win over RPI on Friday night, "will probably be out awhile," noting that a magnetic resonance imaging test will be scheduled for Monday.

OUCH, Minny take a big hit, top line winger with okposo and barribal

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.db...;ATCLID=1281530

Junior forward Ryan Stoa, the left wing on the Minnesota men