SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA and other opening weekend action

AZSIOUX

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campion is an idiot official and it's absolute BS that the Goofs ended up with that goal.

I thought Woog said it was the other ref (not Campion) that called that penalty.

Not only that, but Woog said he didn't think it should have been called a penalty AT ALL, much less a 5-minute major.

I thought Woog said it was the other ref (not Campion) that called that penalty.

Not only that, but Woog said he didn't think it should have been called a penalty AT ALL, much less a 5-minute major.

I'm buzzed up and could be getting my facts wrong, but I know I saw Campion on the back of one of the officials stripes.

It was Thul that made all the calls. Good for the WCHA to get the win, with Thul's help. Campion was the other official, but he wasn't making the calls.

I guess with the whole NBA thing, no one can ever question whether refs fix or favor games. Anybody that watched the third period of this game, has to wonder what was going on. What a complete joke. If the refs are going to hand the game to the Goofs, then give RPI the courtesy of telling them that before the tourney so they don't waste the trip. How many more times do we have to see the Goofs get three and four straight power plays in the third period of close games and consistently have twice as many power play opportunities for the game versus their opponents. I would be ashamed to be a Gopher fan after what just happened in that game. Reminds me of Michael Jordan rules, give him as many calls as necessary so he can win the game.

I guess with the whole NBA thing, no one can ever question whether refs fix or favor games. Anybody that watched the third period of this game, has to wonder what was going on. What a complete joke. If the refs are going to hand the game to the Goofs, then give RPI the courtesy of telling them that before the tourney so they don't waste the trip. How many more times do we have to see the Goofs get three and four straight power plays in the third period of close games and consistently have twice as many power play opportunities for the game versus their opponents. I would be ashamed to be a Gopher fan after what just happened in that game. Reminds me of Michael Jordan rules, give him as many calls as necessary so he can win the game.

JOKE, even the gophs fans can say that was halarious to watch really . they are lying if not

JOKE, even the gophs fans can say that was halarious to watch really . they are lying if not

I read the game thread on KFan Rube Chat and even the MN fans were calling that a BS call. Given the time of the game, you could even question a boarding call, but a 5 minute major and a game DQ....

Who is that Thul guy? Name is not familiar to me....

It was interesting to watch the RPI bench after the call. The FSN North camera crew put the camera on him just so everyone would know that, at that time, it dawned on RPI who was going to win the game.

I was impressed RPI didn't just roll over. I am sure Thul the tool expected them to.

Heck, they nearly tied it with seconds left!

Well, I think the two ref system like it was tonight is good in the NHL system, but it will be a miserable failure in the WCHA. In order for that system to work, you must have competent officials and competent administration. The WCHA has neither.