SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Thing About Sioux Hockey Games

~SiouxHockeyLover~

What is your favorite thing about our hockey games?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite thing about our hockey games?

• 1. The Laser Show
    • 2. When the announce the starting line up
    • 3. The Eminem video thing
    • 4. Listening to the band play
    • 5. Being able to yell "KEVIN SPIEWAK" after he scores a goal.
    • 6. Watching the fights
    • 7. Watching the crazy students
    • 8. Watching the boys warm up
    • 9. Singing The Beer Song!
    • 10. Being able to watch hockey at a place like The Ralph.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to vote for 5. Being able to yell "KEVIN SPIEWAK" after he scores a goal. Not only has he been a great player for the Sioux with tons of heart and character, but he has the coolest sounding name I have ever heard from a Sioux player. Bombardir is a very close second.

I usually call my buddy on his cell phone when Kevin scores and when he answers I just let out a loud SPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEWAKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I know, I lead a pathetic and sad life, but I live in Minot what can I say :D

Sioux single game tickets = $18.50

Beer= $5 (conservatively)

More Beer= $5

Knowing that you don't have to sit there in Mariucci watching the dirty gophers--- PRICELESS

|

|

|

|

|

I apologize for the cliche joke, but I couldnt resist!!!

i thoguht everyone was a guy on this thng

Dude I can tell your not married, or you haven't went through your formal training yet. Actually if you read any of the posts written here you would know that Forecheck is female, and she calls into the coaches show from time to time. If I am not mistaken I read where she said she was a college student too.

Here are some of the Goon's tips for you. Sober up and enjoy life. Also, to take a page from my fathers book: (because it appears to me that your only a kid on your mummies computer), children should be seen and not heard, try being a lurker for a while. Also go to (remiedial training) reading comprehension and technical writing classes. Stay in school. Don't be a dope... A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

I love when they show the video with all the National championships that is the greatest.....

I was glad to see when they brought that video back during the Denver playoff series. :D

And yes, I am a female college student. I'm glad everyone remembers the important things in life. :D

The best things I remember about Sioux hockey are the tradition that the program has. It doesn't matter where you go, there are Sioux alumn there and 99% of the time they are hockey fans. That is awesome. It seems like no matter where you go, people have at least heard about Sioux hockey, and it isn't often that people know much about ND.

I also loved the old arena(been to a few games in the Ralph, and it is a sweet arena, but the atmosphere just isn't there...YET). Walking from Walsh Hall to the arena in well below zero weather and standing outside in line waiting to get into the arena...sounds stupid, but those were truly good times. I wasn't big into hockey when I came to UND, where I grew up basketball was the prominent sport...but after my very first Sioux game I was hooked on the greatest sport on earth. I have a ton of memories from Sioux hockey games and good times spent with friends in the Ralph. Sioux hockey is truly awesome.

Standing outside is great, I have no idea why either. It can be absolutely miserable at times. So freaking cold for those Gopher games. The 3 coldest days of the year are inevitably the 2 Gopher games and the day my dad decides to put up the Christmas lights. Holy Moses, I don't think I've ever been as cold as the day we burned that couch. At least the Gophers got smoked out of their locker room though. :D

Watching Nick Naumenko light it up on D was pretty awesome to watch too. That guy has one hell of a shot. Seeing Teeder Wynne develop into one the best scorers in the WCHA was also pretty cool.

Anyone else on here remember when Keith Murphy was Captain and he took off after, I believe it was Wallenheimo(sp?) and ran him into the net. I didn't see how it all developed because the play was moving fast the other way, I just remember seeing Murph crash into Wallenheimo and knock him back a few(at least I think it was Wallenheimo). I just remember every game with Wallenheimo was an experience like no other, that guy was fun to mess with. His little routine he did before each period where he would come out to center ice and skate backwards into the crease. He was a piece of work :D

Standing outside is great, I have no idea why either. It can be absolutely miserable at times. So freaking cold for those Gopher games. The 3 coldest days of the year are inevitably the 2 Gopher games and the day my dad decides to put up the Christmas lights. Holy Moses, I don't think I've ever been as cold as the day we burned that couch. At least the Gophers got smoked out of their locker room though. :D

Ahhhhhh yes....

The great bonfire/couch fire before the final gopher game at the old ralph. Memories!!! :D

Best memories: Shooting pool with Eddie Belfour on a regular basis as a freshman in Walsh Hall. Buck pitchers on a Friday afternoon at the Spud, and standing in line in sub-zero weather at the Old Englestad not knowing we were watching history being written:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0005821987.html

Hrkac Circus: 46-70-116? You've got to be kidding me!!!! 124 goals?? That's RIDICULOUS!! 40-8, National Champs? Best team ever.

the best memory ANY Gopher fan has of a UND game is winning the inaugural game at the Ralph, you guys were so nice, you even had sound and decorations! :D:D

OOO, I had better go hide, the rocks will start raining down anytime!

WPoS

Both are very good, but one of the best from my student days...

Braaaaad BOMMMMBARDIIIIIIIIIR! (He was just on PA & Dubay, said even though he's not big on predictions, the Sioux will definately get through the weekend. :D)

It was pretty funny. They asked Bomber if he had any predictions about the Fighting Sioux winning the national championship this year. He said he usually doesn't make predictions but will predict the Sioux will advance beyond THIS weekend!

Dubay started to cut in to protest that prediction and Bomber laughed and said "Yeah, we should have no trouble with Mercyhurst tomorrow!"

That was even better!

:D