SiouxSports.com Forum

This sounds familiar.

dallassiouxfan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only speaking for myself of course, but I wouldn't mind seeing the gophs loose against Rensselaer, even if it ends up hurting UND's SOS.

I fail to see how OSU fans buying Appalachian shirts makes them "pretty stupid?"

I agree with that.

I was pointing out how Michigan's loss actually hurts OSU and everybody else in the Big 10 by bringing their strength of schedule down. That Michigan loss potentially could end up meaning the difference between OSU being #2 and #3 in the BCS rankings at the end of the year. A lot of things have to fall into place for it to come down to that, but you never know.

Maybe, but I would think that OSU's decision to play Akron and Kent St. would have alot more to do with it.

Where are we going? I was merely pointing out that the Big 10 strength of schedule just took a big hit. I don't recall ever having been there before.

Those guys are actually pretty stupid

You're calling people stupid because they're enjoying a rivals loss. I seem to recall you calling people names a time or two because you don't agree with their opinion/action, etc. before, hence the, 'Here we go again.......'

Did you not follow along when I gave a very well thought out explanation as to why I consider it stupid and how it potentially could negatively affect their team? Just want to know if you're actually paying attention to the subject or merely trying to belittle me for the sake of being spiteful.

Hmmm, saying "These guys are actually pretty stupid" instead of 'Celebrating that win is actually pretty stupid' is "a very well thought out explanation'.......

:angry:

There's a calm surrender

To the rush of day

When the heat of the rolling world

Can be turned away

An enchanted moment

And it sees me through

It's enough for this restless warrior

Just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for wide eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it's laid to rest

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There's a time for ev'ryone

If they only learn

That the twisting kaleidoscope

Moves us all in turn

There's a rhyme and reason

To the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager

Beats in time with yours

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

And can you feel the love tonight

How it's laid to rest?

Believe the very best

Believe the very best

I don't think Michigan is as bad as Appalachian St. is good.

By the way, D1-AA teams can now be included in top-25 rankings, it'll be interesting to see if App St. makes it up there at all with the way they continue to play in AA and also how Michigan plays the rest of the year. Because if Michigan proceeds to start dominating like they were supposed to, that makes App St. look that much better.

I was pointing out how Michigan's loss actually hurts OSU and everybody else in the Big 10 by bringing their strength of schedule down. That Michigan loss potentially could end up meaning the difference between OSU being #2 and #3 in the BCS rankings at the end of the year. A lot of things have to fall into place for it to come down to that, but you never know.

Yeah, I knew exactly what you meant, I'm aware of how the SOS works. I still fail to see how OSU fans buying Appalachian shirts makes them "pretty stupid."

Go Rensselear!!

They're celebrating something that could end up hurting their own team in the long run. If you still don't understand how that is actually kind of stupid I can't help you.

So if the BCS uses the number of Appalachian shirts that fans of another team buy in their calculation?

As far as I'm concerned enjoying a hated rival losing to a lesser team shouldn't be a factor come playoff time.

On a serious note the fact that their celebrating or not isn't going to change what happened last weekend.

Those guys are actually pretty stupid. I guess they aren't thinking about the fact that Michigan's loss hurt the strength of schedule for everybody else in the Big 10.

True enough, but in the name of good fun and rivalry, I wouldn't expect SOS indexes are hot on everyone's mind.

Kind of like when the gophers lose, I get a warm fuzzy... even if it hurts my favorite team's stats. It's sick, juvenile, and opportunistic... and I love it. :angry:

So if we don't agree with DaveK then we're immature. (Actually I think he's projecting).

I would think the fans of the Big 10 are hoping their teams win all their games rather than worry about strength of schedule. Certainly the possibility of maybe beating Michigan is far stronger than the SOS calculation when it comes to the post season.

Are you just trying to act condescending towards me because you don't like something that I said in another thread? What a ray of sunshine you are. :angry:

..because it's so friggin' easy, ...because it's so much fun, ....because you post such assinine 'statements of truth', ....because I have a lot of time on my hands, ....because I disagree with the majority of the things you post, ....because you 'trash' people I happen to like and whose opinions I respect, .....because I can. ;)

And, you are absolutely correct, I am a ray of sunshine. ;)

So you disagree with the majority of the things I post... Boo Hoo!!! Kiss my a$$ and grow some thicker skin. ;)

Thanks for the invite but kissing your a$$ would imply that I like it and.... I don't. Instead, I'll just keep on keeping on. :love:

Care for some cheese with that whine?