SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the scouting videos for some of our recruits for the draft. Once again, these are not highlight videos.

Corey Fienhage - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=36&pag...age&tab=vid

Danny Kristo - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=37&pag...age&tab=vid

David Toews - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=79&pag...age&tab=vid

Those two young kids are ranked pretty high. Nice recruiting pick up by Hakstol.

Here are the scouting videos for some of our recruits for the draft. Once again, these are not highlight videos.

Corey Fienhage - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=36&pag...age&tab=vid

Danny Kristo - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=37&pag...age&tab=vid

David Toews - http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=79&pag...age&tab=vid

Kristo can fly - also looks to have a edge to him

just watched some of the kristo bid and you weren't joking. he's got some wheels on him and doesn't seem to scared to hit people or go into the corners. Can't wait to see him in Sioux sweater....

Agreed. I wonder how many years we'll get from him? Hopefully at least two, as he looks to be a special player.

Is the reason that Toews has slipped so much because of the injury? The people at Shattuck think he is every bit the player Jonathan was and will be. Seems odd that a temporary situation would drop a guy so much when the draft is based on talent and possible development. I wouldn't be suprised to see Toews go earlier than what has been speculated lately.

I was also thinking that. My guess is that a team is gonna take a chance in the late first round. And hopefully theyll let us keep him for 3-4 years. :silly:

Any thoughts on whom? I would like to see the Wild draft him. For no other reason than he is a talented left wing. The Wild are in desperate need of talent at the left wing position.

Any thoughts on whom? I would like to see the Wild draft him. For no other reason than he is a talented left wing. The Wild are in desperate need of talent at the left wing position.

It looks like the Wild also are interested in Defense, too. (I know - it's posted in another thread.)

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_9597147

"Strong, right-handed defenseman," said Tommy Thompson, Wild director of player personnel. "He had enough credits to graduate (from high school after) the first semester. He stayed at Eastview for football. Then he went to Indiana to play in the USHL."

Without giving away any secrets, it's fair to say Thompson really likes him. In a draft top-heavy with defensemen, it's difficult to project which team will grab him.

"It's really hard to predict where you will go," Fienhage said. "Wherever I go, it will be great. I think it would be fun playing for the Wild. I guess I'll know in a couple of days."

The Wild are in desperate need of talent at Forward in general. After Gaborik and Koivu (and MAYBE Bouchard), there is a steep drop off in talent.

I'm not sure whom the Wild will go after.

All I CAN say is that the chances of the Red Wings drafting a collegian in the first two rounds are next to nil. I wonder who is the top rated Swede. If he is still available when the Wings choose, I'd bet on him. :silly:

Love the Red Wings, but they typically look overseas first, MJ second, college next.

The Wild are in desperate need of talent at Forward in general. After Gaborik and Koivu (and MAYBE Bouchard), there is a steep drop off in talent.

I'm not sure whom the Wild will go after.

All I CAN say is that the chances of the Red Wings drafting a collegian in the first two rounds are next to nil. I wonder who is the top rated Swede. If he is still available when the Wings choose, I'd bet on him. :silly:

Love the Red Wings, but they typically look overseas first, MJ second, college next.

You can't argue their MO. One of thee, if not thee, top professional organizations to model an expansion franchise after. Not a fan, nor do I have disdain for the Wings. I respect what they do and how they do it.

Completely off topic: to what level did Konstantinov recover? Thanks in advance.

You can't argue their MO. One of thee, if not thee, top professional organizations to model an expansion franchise after. Not a fan, nor do I have disdain for the Wings. I respect what they do and how they do it.

Completely off topic: to what level did Konstantinov recover? Thanks in advance.

Wiki

Konstantinov's condition has improved considerably since his accident. While he still has trouble speaking and walking, he is seen several times a season watching Red Wings games from a private box at Joe Louis Arena.

The Red Wings keep his locker set up for him, although he will never be capable of playing hockey again. The locker is also equipped with a rock that says "Believe".

Konstantinov returned to the ice at Joe Louis Arena, helped by a walker, for the pre-game number retirement ceremony for Steve Yzerman on January 2, 2007.

Konstantinov lives in the Detroit area but requires full-time nursing care and struggles to get around with the aid of a walker. His wife, Irina, now lives in West Orange, New Jersey with their daughter.

Red Wings fan here also, it's all speculation but I believe TSN predicted them to take this kid,

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?dpid=215&pa...age&tab=vid

Washington, IIRC, went after him, which probably depressed Ken Holland to no end.

They ended up taking a goaltender (MJ, but American surprise surprise) to end the first round.

They apparently also traded out of the second round. I think Detroit should have traded out of the first round and got an extra second rounder. McCollum would have been around in the 2nd round anyways.

The Wild made an alright move.

Michigan State's kid went higher than expected, but it wasn't a Wheeler kind of selection.

All in all, not too surprising of a first round.

I think a lot of future Sioux will go in the 2nd round.

Danny Kristo #56 overall (2nd round) to Montreal

David Toews #66 overall (3rd Round) to the Islanders

UPDATE: Fienhage goes to Buffalo #81 overall (3rd round). They traded up to get him. It was interesting because I told my dad that he'd go #82 to New Jersey.

I'm pretty sure this will end the Sioux-related draft for a while. I'd be very surprised to see Cichy or Gleason or MacWilliam showing up before the 5th round.

Not even sure MacWilliam or Gleason will be drafted at all. There's a chance Cichy won't be drafted. I wonder if Cichy went to the Q and logically scored a lot of points (which he would), where'd he get drafted?

Does anyone besides me think that it is strange that Danny Kristo is not coming in this year? if he is a second round pick he must have enough talent to not have to wait a year. Or am I wrong and he is coming in?:silly:

Not really.

The NHL is drafting guys based on the player's skills and contribution in say 7-10 years. Where he is TODAY is what determines when he comes into UND.

Think Joe Finley - first rounder a while back indicating potential. The path to realizing that potential, in his case, is to stay in college well past the time other first rounders from that year are in the pros (somewhere).

Does anyone besides me think that it is strange that Danny Kristo is not coming in this year? if he is a second round pick he must have enough talent to not have to wait a year. Or am I wrong and he is coming in?:silly:

During his draft interview when asked about where his development was headed, I swear Kristo stated that he had one more year of high school left. He did sound really anxious to get to UND though. :lol:

dkristodraftcopysi6.th.png