SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

I thought I heard him comment during the Edina/Rochester Century game that he had coached at Burnsville at one point. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I thought I heard.

He was St. Thomas' women's hockey head coach for several years.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would this be similar to your constant rants about an officiating conspiracy against us? For someone who claims to not be bothered about being called a halo, you sure write about it alot.

You should tell Coach Lucia to ask Dave Hakstol for the "World Junior Vaccine" that prevents a 2nd half slump when players return from the WJT - it has worked fabulously for Oshie, Toews, Chorney, Lee the past few years. TDon might want to give it a try. ;)

Does anyone have any info on Bruneteau?? I noticed he was out of the lineup all weekend for Des Moines and that last time he was on the ice he got into a fight. I checked the Buc's website, but they had no news.

It was reported he challenged Andrew Conboy and then got knocked out cold.

Bruneteau is out with a concussion. Here's an article about Conboy...towards the end of the story it talks about his fight with Bruneteau.

http://www.lancers.com/leagues/newsletter....&page=22167

wow, he sure got his ass kicked, maybe umtc has a scholly open for him :ohmy::glare: i kid, i kid

Conboy has fought four times so far, and while he won't admit to winning all four, said they've "been good fights." His most recent bout, with former Lancer Brett Bruneteau Tuesday night, was his shortest and won't be forgotten for quite some time.

To make a long story short, the 5-11 Bruneteau, now with Des Moines, challenged and Conboy obliged. Bruneteau threw the first punch, missed and then Conboy landed a right hook that gave the Omaha native a concussion and early exit.

Hextall is even smaller than Bruneteau isn't he? I know he plays tough, but if I remember correctly he is kinda small. Two tough kids together maybe with Trupp and we could have a great line.

Trupp needs some work. He is knocked off the puck too easily, kinda like Miller. I think you will see big strides out of him in his junior and senior year. However there will be some growing pains.

Hextall's a tough kid. Prpich wasn't big either and he could handle himself.

From a game summary on the BCHL board about a week ago:

"Was at tonights game as Penticton defeated Vernon 7-2 in front of 1,501 fans at Memorial Arena.

1st Period: Just seconds into the period Penticton went on the early PP and was in full control outplaying the Vipers. Vernon killed off the minor but couldnt stop the speedy Vees as they were dominating the edge in play early. Penticton was flying playing with loads of jump & energy just outskating & outhustling the Vipers in there own zone. Vernon didnt record there first shot on net till the 4 min mark. With the Vees on another PP it would be Brett Hextall scoring at the halfway mark to put Penticton up 1-0. The Vipers seemed to get some life within the next few mins as they finally got some chances down low, but just 3 mins after the Vees first goal, they would go ahead 2-0 after Zac Dalpe found the back of the net after Lucas Gore gave up a huge rebound on the first shot on net. Gore didnt look strong for the 2nd straight night. The Vees wernt done, as just 2 mins later Michael Guzzo went fivehole on a weak shot wich Gore should have stopped to put Penticton up 3-0 and in full control. Brock Palasty & Brett Hextall would drop the mits as Palasty left the ice bleeding from his face. This period was all Penticton as they were up 3-0 after 20 mins of play. Penticton outshot Vernon 11-8."

http://www.network54.com/Forum/146929/thre.../Vipers+at+Vees

Expanding on that, since it is an off week I figured I would post where some of our Twin Cities recruits are playing this weekend, if you can't get enough hockey. Holy Angels is playing Wazata at Richfield Ice Arena Friday night, Edina plays Chaska at Braemar Arena on Thursday, and Eastview plays Lakeville North on Saturday. Also, Shattuck is hosting their own Midget Major tournament down in Faribault this weekend, which brings in some of the top teams from around the country, the schedule can be found here,

http://www.s-sm.org/athletics/interscholas...rid=2007+-+2008

If anyone lives in the Duluth area, you can watch Danny Kristo play UMD on Friday night at the DECC or Wisconsin-Superior Saturday night in Superior.

I went and saw Kristo play last night against UMD, and the kid has scary good puck handling skills. Real good speed. Vision is there. He's pretty lanky right now(listed at 5'11"-166). The U-18 team has one great line IMO(Kristo, Schroeder, Saponari(?)). Minnesota is getting a great D-Man in Sam Lofquist. That kid has got a hard/heavy shot. Kristo assisted on the 1st goal by Lofquist. The 2nd U-18 goal went off of 3 different UMD players before going in their own goal. The U-18 team won 2-1.

Not that I'm a hockey expert by any means.

Also, I'm not sure if the whole U-18 team doesn't know that they are allowed to slow down. They fly up and down the ice constantly. Great transitioning. They're a smaller team than a WCHA team(obviously), but they just took the hits and kept moving. Fun hockey to watch. Terrible crowd(1000-1500).