SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even without Buddish this will be a great class of forwards coming next year...I mean come on...Gregoire and lil Toews are enough to give this class an A! Buddish would be a great last piece to the forward puzzle!!

You can just about bet that Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, B.C., Wisconsin will get the better grades.

It's a tradition.

Even without Buddish this will be a great class of forwards coming next year...I mean come on...Gregoire and lil Toews are enough to give this class an A! Buddish would be a great last piece to the forward puzzle!!

Budish would be an 09 and not an 08 so he wouldn't be part of this class anyway. He would sure make our 09 class pretty damn good though.

You can just about bet that Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, B.C., Wisconsin will get the better grades.

It's a tradition.

I don't care about the grades. Ranking recruiting classes is nice for the papers/articles and all, but when it comes down to it, no one knows how incoming recruits are going to do in the NCAA until they actually play a few games. And sometimes then it actually takes a few years for a player to develop anyway.

I wouldn't care if UND's recruiting classes were constantly ranked outside the top 10, as long as Hakstol kept getting the recruits he wanted (a good mix of stars and role players) and the Sioux keep having seasons where winning the national title is a strong possibility.

11/12/07 ushl sioux recruit update

gregoire (f) - lincoln - 13 gp, 7-8=15 - tied for 7th in league - leads team

fink (f) - waterloo - 6 gp, 0-2=2 - he was hurt in the beginning and now seems to be getting healthy

blood (d) - des moines - 9 gp, 0-5=5 - 15 pim

lamoureux (f) - tri city - 12 gp, 0-5=5 - 3rd on team with 33 pim. his older bro pierre has 70 pim, hes not college eligable :angry:

cichy (f) - tri city - 11 gp, 2-6=8 - 2nd on team in scoring

Bruneteau (f) - Indiana - 11 gp, 1-6=7

Did anyone else notice that the leading scorer in the USHL (tied for first) is Chris Connelly of Omaha with 20 points (9 goals and 11 assists) in 13 games? He played the last 2 years for the FM Jets and is a very smooth skater who sees the ice extremely well. When he lit it up for Omaha in the exhibition season, he landed a scholarship to Boston U. He was also recruited by Maine. He's a Duluth native, and wanted to go to UMD. UMD recruited his younger brother Jack who will be at UMD in 2009, but not Chris. :lol: Scott Sandelin might be regretting not going after Chris Connelly.

I think Gregoire is going to be a heckuva player. That was a great steal from Denver. He is off to a great start this year. Sounds like he is one of the best all around players in the league.

i think most would agree he could have been a first rounder if not for his injury.

this saved me some time, thanks to cardinal himself and his wcha blog for these numbers

USHL stats for wcha recruits

USHL - WCHA RECRUITS

gregoire with a nice start!!

Great stat sheet! Thanks for research!

Wow! Gregoire off to a monster start!! Looks like Sioux Falls is the team to beat this season. And Blood just be on the power play or getting some serious playing time. Both would be great, but in any case it's great to see him on the board with a respectable number of assists.

Is it Friday yet? These off weeks really are tough to take. ???

Wow, great start indeed for Gregoire.

Why do I get the feeling that DU is really going to regret losing him to UND? ???

I can't wait to see him suit up for the Sioux next year.

Yeah I think he is going to be a good one. Seems to be well rounded in all parts of his game from what I have read on him. He probably would have gone higher in the draft if he wasn't coming off the injury last year.

now thats pretty funny!! ill give ya a sioux for a sioux, uh...ok ???

Went to the Ice/Stars game in Lincoln last Saturday. Was surprised that Bruneteau got almost no ice time that night, hard to guestimate his skills when you don't get to see him play.

Gregoire, on the other hand, was very good. Stars played him in all situations, and he was one the ice every other shift in the third period with the Stars trailing.

Went to the Ice/Stars game in Lincoln last Saturday. Was surprised that Bruneteau got almost no ice time that night, hard to guestimate his skills when you don't get to see him play.

Gregoire, on the other hand, was very good. Stars played him in all situations, and he was one the ice every other shift in the third period with the Stars trailing.

if i remember right he was also traded last season so this is the 2nd time i think. must have not been a great fit but on the other hand i wouldnt have traded blood as he seems to be doing very well.

on a side note - it must be a little strange to get traded at that age, kind of gives you a nhl feel with getting traded to another city

No ice time or almost no ice time? I wonder if they were trying to trade him so didn't want to risk him getting injured. It's a curious situation.

if i remember right he was also traded last season so this is the 2nd time i think. must have not been a great fit but on the other hand i wouldnt have traded blood as he seems to be doing very well.

on a side note - it must be a little strange to get traded at that age, kind of gives you a nhl feel with getting traded to another city

for sacchetti(sp?)

No ice time or almost no ice time? I wonder if they were trying to trade him so didn't want to risk him getting injured. It's a curious situation.

Mark Messier's kid Lyon? now plays for Lincoln also (stay at home dman). Would have been interesting seeing Messier in the rink, would guess he'll be there this year for some of the games.

Nick Mattson scored his first goal of the year for the U17 team, and added an assist. He's been off to a bit of a slow start, as this doubles his point total on the year to 4. Must have been the commitment that got him going.

Also Bruneteau scored his first goal for his new team.