SiouxSports.com Forum

Vote Zach for Hobey!

hockeygrl

If Zach won the Hobey this year, I would be very unhappy because that would mean that a more deserving person such as Sejna or Leveneau did not win it. It shouldn't be a popularity contest and Parise does not deserve it. Nice to see Ferris fans stuffing the ballot though. :lol:

If you look at the stats it should be Sejna or Kunitz, no question. The time I have seen Sejna play he has impressed me to no end. I have never seen Kunitz play (hopefully I will this weekend if Midco gets their heads out of their @$$) so I have no real judgement on him but the numbers speak for themselves. But Sejna had 1.98 points per game this season. THATS SICK!!

As I am writing this I just looked up Dave Leveneu's numbers and granted the fact that Cornell is an ECAC team, a 26-2-1 record with a 1.13gaa and a 9.43 save percentage looks pretty Hobey-wothy as well. The only things I see that sits a little poorly for Leveneu is that he only faced a average of 19.5 shots per game which indicates the fact that he has a great Defence Corp infront of him, and he's only a Sophmore. But I said the same thing for Ryan Miller too.

Parise is a freshman. Granted he had a great year but his numbers weren't up there with the likes of Sejna or Kunitz. Give Zach a few more years to develop and Im sure he will be continue to put up the points and will come damn close if not win a Hobey. Remember he is only a fresman and he was 6th in the nation in scoring with 61 pts. (Vanek was 11th with 54).

I'm pulling for Senja, but am anxious to see LeNeveu play.

I'm surprised, and maybe a bit embarrassed, that Parise made the final 10. Not that he isn't a tremendous talent or didn't have a great freshman season, because he is and he did. But other WCHA players had better years and I feel that David Hale was more important to this year's Sioux than Zach.

Everyone knows that Seyna will win this award but that shouldn't stop you for showing your support for UND hockey by voting for Parise in the fan balloting.

You only get to vote once anyway so it's tough to stuff the ballot. But go and vote for Parise.

The Hobey is going to Peter Sejna, Chris Kunitz, or Dave LeNeveu. Normally, I would say that a sophomore (LeNeveu) should not win...however you can't argue with the guys stats (.943 save %, and 1.13 GAA)...If I had to call it now (and I will) it's going to Peter Sejna. He leads the nation in scoring and does it in the WCHA. Kunitz is 5 points behind him, but plays in the CCHA (Alska-Fairbanks finished 8th of 12 teams, they were Anchorages's only win of the season...also there are 5 WCHA teams in the National tournament, and only 3 from the CCHA). The fan votes also only count 2% towards who actually wins it (otherwise Panzer would have kicked everyone's ass two years ago).

Plus, Parise doesn't deserve it, he's not good enough.........yet

and Rockboy...Parise will probably leave early anyway, weather he gets it or not

So I wonder when the real judges put in their votes for Hobey? If it's after the regionals, it's hard to believe that Kunitz stands much of a chance after the world saw what a cheap goon he was against BOTH teams Ferris played*. We've all heard the rumors all year, but it was pretty stunning to actually see it live and in color. If I were a judge it would sure influence me.

If a lot of people don't vote until after the regionals, I wonder how important a good game tomorrow is for Sejna's chances?

*--Disclaimer: it would be a big mistake to read my complaining about Kunitz being a hack as having anything to do with outcome of either game in which he played this weekend.

I totally agree with you. Kunitz is the biggest goon I have seen play this game at the college level.

If Kunitz even makes the top three, we will all know the Hobey committee doesn't watch the games, they just go by stats.

Fortunately for Kunitz he didn't get his head rammed into the boards after taking the charging penalty at the end of the 2nd. He was spun around like a rag doll in a headlock aimed at the boards, but he was in the clutches of a player that was brought up to respect other players on the ice. He could have been watching from the stands today.

If the past two weeks don't prove that he does not deserve to be a Hobey candidate, nothing will. Did Blais sit him against Ferris?

I like how during the final five and they showed the hobey video, his big accomplishment was 20 points in his first six games. They didn't mention five of those games came against Niagara, Princeton, Yale and Canisius.