SiouxSports.com Forum

New Director for FSC

GeauxSioux

• 4 weeks later...
Josh Morton - New FSC Director

Rather interesting takes on Josh Morton from Bakken's Blog

1) He comes from good stock. His dad is former NDSU football coach Don Morton, a classy guy. ...

2) I did a story on Josh when he played football for the Sioux, about the anomaly of his and his dad's ties to NDSU. He was never more than a third-string quarterback, but he kept going because of his love for football, for sports and for being a part of a team. I found him bright, personable, easy-going, ambitious and way more grown up than your average college student. He had some interesting insights on the Sioux-Bison thing. He's one of the few people on this planet who could root for both schools. In other words, he's more mature than most of us.

3) He'll bring energy and enthusiasm to the job. ....

4) He's a football guy ...

With his background in broadcasting, wonder if Mr. Morton will be taking on some broadcasting or coach's show responsiblities as part of a broadened job position.

• 2 weeks later...

Please?

why not? a certain ag college has a former TV anchor working in their marketing department who landed them on FSN (regional sports network!) for 2 games this season doing also play-by-play and selling the game to advertisers. HATE TO SAY THIS but ndsWHO has something here...you could call it multitasking in a DI-world I guess but it's a great move for them....