SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol on KKAG 740-AM Radio

bincitysioux

Leier is reincarnating the outdoor portion of the show? What were all those 5 minute commercials for? Did I care about what some doorknob in Western ND is doing to conserve the duck habitat? Ohh OHHH!! There's going to be a few Antelope licenses to be given away!

He must be from Minnesota - what a tool :sad:

I enjoy hearing updates from Doug Leier, as I'm sure many other ND outdoor enthusiasts do. Bison Football, Sioux Hockey, and ND Outdoors will indeed make for a popular show.

(with the "outdoors" portion likely having the biggest following and most passionate fans)

Leier is reincarnating the outdoor portion of the show? What were all those 5 minute commercials for? Did I care about what some doorknob in Western ND is doing to conserve the duck habitat? Ohh OHHH!! There's going to be a few Antelope licenses to be given away!

Be careful when hunting snipes in the woods. Always have permission of the owner of the land you are hunting them on so that he doesn't shoot you.

Did I mention that all of this information would be much easily accessed by people who actually care if Leier gave a website address or perhaps an automated phone number?

Sorry, but as nice and neat as the outdoors is and as important as issues he talks about seem to be for Leier, he doesn't need to take up 5 minutes when he could take up 30 seconds directing those who do care to a website or, at most, a website plus upcoming important dates (like when deer season opens, fishing opener, etc.).

First off, are we a little grumpy today. :sad: Most of us that hunt ducks know there aren't many duck out west to hunt. That is where the deer and the Antelope play as well as the Roosters and sharpies. By west I mean Past Bismarck going towards Dickenson. That is also where you will be applying to get those extra Antelop liscenses they were talking about. Doug Leir has a blog I am kind of disappointed in you. Your insulted a whole bunch of sportmen and woman who like to read and listen to Doug Leir. From what I can tell he is a pretty good guy.

I enjoy hearing updates from Doug Leier, as I'm sure many other ND outdoor enthusiasts do. (with the "outdoors" portion likely having the biggest following and most passionate fans)

Yes we do, and I am sure other like Fetch, Sioux7, Sprig as well as many others do as well...

Doug Leier is a real asset to the ND GAME & FISH DEPT. He does a Great job keeping us informed what is going on

Ducks & Sioux Hockey are two of my biggest interests - I wish I'd of heard the show

Maybe PCM can give us a recap of the Hakstall portions so you don't have to listen :sad:

Also there are many of us who used to be "doorknobs" from the West - that are trapped here in the East :D

You really are a doorknob! :D Everyone knows that the rooster pheasant is the king of all game birds. :D:0

(uhhh... you still got any land out west that I can hunt on? :sad:)

Where "can't" you find ditch chickens. They are thick everywhere.

Here are three doorknobs from the east sighting in their 50 caliber before heading west for "really big" game, shooting at a steel plate. Unbelievable.

Can you explain for those that may not be as smart (such as myself) what the heck happened in this video? The guy is sighting in a gun and shoots it, but what comes back and how does it come back to hit him? I see it skip in front of him and then comes up and hits him in the side of the head!

You really are a doorknob! ;) Everyone knows that the rooster pheasant is the king of all ND game birds.

(uhhh... you still got any land out west that I can hunt on? :D)

Mallards and Honkers are the king. Pheasants come in second... :D:0:sad:

Mallards and Honkers are the king. Pheasants come in second... :D:0:sad:

I'm with you, but I'd go mallards and specs. Although I could also go for incoming golf balls when one of you builds a blind in a King's Walk sand trap

duckmoon.jpg

Can you explain for those that may not be as smart (such as myself) what the heck happened in this video? The guy is sighting in a gun and shoots it, but what comes back and how does it come back to hit him? I see it skip in front of him and then comes up and hits him in the side of the head!

His target was an iron/steel plate, and the bullet ricocheted directly back at him. Not the brightest bulb. But he did hit the target.

I'm with you, but I'd go mallards and specs. Although I could also go for incoming golf balls when one of you builds a blind in a King's Walk sand trap

duckmoon.jpg

One time a few years back it was duck hunting and the lake at Kings Walk was filled with Ducks and I asked Dan if he minded if put my Decoys out. I am not sure he liked my idea very well. That lake is full of ducks...

How about turn Kings walk into a ATV course & sporting clays course & stock fish in the pond :D .....Oh & a dog park to train hunting dogs :D

True story earlier this summer there were people fishing in the pond next to hole 11 on Kings walk and I pull hooked my tee shot to the left bad, my ball flew over some people that were fishing in the little pond north of Kings walk. Ball landed infront of people fishing... :sad:

True story earlier this summer there were people fishing in the pond next to hole 11 on Kings walk and I pull hooked my tee shot to the left bad, my ball flew over some people that were fishing in the little pond north of Kings walk. Ball landed infront of people fishing... :sad:

Speaking of golf...I shot my best 9 holes at Ray Dicks yesterday...a 33 (-3) from the Blue tees. I was even -4 thru 7...f'ed up on hole 9.