SiouxSports.com Forum

Blue's Development Camp

WiSioux

Hey guys...

Just thought that I would share some of the info that I've found on different Blues sites. Forum wise the best seems to be STLtoday

One of the threads is pictures from camp... here is that one... there are a few pictures of Oshie and Duncan, both on the red team. Oshie wearing #74 and Duncan wearing #61 (I believe). There are other threads (mainly the group 1 thread) that talk about the camp thus far. Sounds like they REALLY like Oshie and are taking a liking to Duncan as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get insights from this web site on Oshie, Duncs and the rest of the St. Louis Blues prospects:

http://www.bnd.com/sports/blues/story/77562.html

Here are some quotes:

When asked what he hopes Oshie takes back to college from the camp, Davidson shot back, "I was hoping maybe an NHL contract after watching him practice today. This kid's a player.

"When you see young players come in, you try to compare them to somebody. With the way he worked out there, and the way he could finish, it just reminded me of Brian Sutter. I saw a guy that just worked his tail off every single time he was on the ice."

That's high praise coming from a former announcers well acquainted with the famed Sutter work ethic and intensity.

"I'm very happy with the support they've given me," Oshie said of the Blues. "They didn't make the decision easy, but once I made it they made me comfortable with my decision."

After practice, Oshie was besieged by autograph requests from the standing-room-only crowd.

"I've only been here two days and I'm already loving it," he said. "I'm loving the town and loving the fans, I love the rink, especially the players that are here. We've got a lot of great guys here."

Just thought I'd add some of the comments from a St. Louis forum for those who haven't seen them. To read more check out Thoughts on Group One

From NHL TIM:

I thought that Johnson, Oshie, Perron, and Kariya were exceptional. I also thought Ryan Duncan was pretty good and for the most part he played it safe and skated with Oshie in alot of the drills. All the guys looked a little lost occasionally with Murray belting out the drill orders. It's always funny to see guys late to the pack when he blows his whistle and they have to do a lap. Erik Johnson got the honor of doing the 1st lap but Oshie and Duncan had to take a lap as well. During the power skating drills Anthony Peluso was getting talked to after every drill. I've never seen a guy skate with his shoulders like he does and that powerskating coach appeared to give him some flack about it as he imitated Peluso's skating style. Peluso is definitely not a great skater at all. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Duncan but I thought he was much more impressive today than Jay Barriball.

I also want to mention that during the powerskating drills Zach Fitzgerald and Ryan Duncan were always right there waiting for instructions...both of them were very eager and it showed.

Also props to TJ Oshie who signed autographs for 45 minutes today...all the other guys including Erik Johnson were done within 15 minutes and it wasn't because they just quit....the majority of people were primarily interested in Oshie.

From billy pilgrim:

The autograph session was extremely well done...all the guys were eager to sign everything thrust at them; I found T.J. Oshie to be very personable and talkative...I wished him luck at college...and a quick return to St. Louis for the playoffs. He just grinned and said he'd do his best to be here next spring... I also managed to speak with Ryan Duncan and wished him the best, hoping he's make Peoria's roster and then later get called up to play with T.J.; he said he'd do his best to do just that!!! A real nice guy...

From HungarianPhil:

Oshie: As mentioned earlier, gotta first give major props to the kid for signing nearly 30 minutes AFTER everyone else had gone to the lockerroom... he was the last guy to leave and seemed content to do so. On the ice, I don't need to say a whole lot more than I've said the last 2 years - kid's a gamer. He was definitely among the leaders in every facet of the game, showed creativity, leadership, and most of all hunger. Fancy release, good on his skates... and interacted well with Murray. Also Duncan and Oshie got caught coming back to the group late after a drill, but clearly Duncan was the late man in... but Oshie took the lap with him voluntarily. A nice gesture to take responsibility with his mate, I thought, even though he clearly wasn't the late man.

Duncan: man, the kid is small, but I already knew that from watching him in the NCAA... but I personally think he can pull off the transition. He bested Barriball in the "little guy" department today, and he's got a heck of a shot.

Sioux fans better enjoy this next season, as it will be Oshie's last, with others most likely to leave as well. 3 months is still entirely too long.

I said it in the spring when TJ committed to play one more year, that this was truly a gift for us fans. This situation sounds very familiar. Three years ago people were saying who is this kid? Then he got here and people saw him play, and they saw him sign autographs, and take pictures, until the last picture was taken, and the last autograph signed. He quickly became a fan favorite on and off the ice, with his work ethic, and enthusiatic way he interacted with everyone off the ice. Thanks for being a class act TJ, and representing yourself and your university proudly. I look forward to watching you for one more year. Let's make it a magical one and bring home the hardware (before you go wear the big blue note.)

I said it in the spring when TJ committed to play one more year, that this was truly a gift for us fans.

I agree. Who wouldn't have given their left arm to have Toews return? However, getting Oshie, Chorney, Duncan and Finley return was a stroke of good fortune, and made it pretty easy to accept Toews and Lee moving along.

Oh its bad but the left arm steadies the club and holds the shot gun steady...

I'd go with the shotgun theory, but I think it might be better to get rid of both arms for golf, so there would be no temptation to go :silly:

Why do you need a shotgun on the golf course? :silly:

Giant Canada geese love the watered green browse on the greens, and golfers hate getting the stuff Canada geese leave behind stuck to the bottom of their shoes, or having their putts deflect off it. Is one forced to carry just 13 clubs if the 14th is a shotgun?

Giant Canada geese love the watered green browse on the greens, and golfers hate getting the stuff Canada geese leave behind stuck to the bottom of their shoes, or having their putts deflect off it. Is one forced to carry just 13 clubs if the 14th is a shotgun?

Hell, I'm all for it. I might even start golphing on a regualr basis if I can carry a firearm with me. :silly:

Hell, I'm all for it. I might even start golphing on a regualr basis if I can carry a firearm with me. :silly:

That would be great; the hell with the bag, balls, shoes, thirteen clubs and the cart. Shotgun and a vest full of shells would make golfing a whole lot more fun. (Does Cheney golf? ;) )

Yeah, you could set a blind up near one of the greens and try to pick off incoming golf balls. That would rule.

Skeet and goose hunting combined. Think you should set up a blind/membership at King's Walk.

This looks like the place; blind right on the green, or get some sand colored camo to rent.

18pic.jpg

9 and 16 look like good locations also, if hunting on 18 gets too crowded,

Another take on Day One of the camp... Oshie and Duncan are in Group 2

Development Camp

The small guys, Duncan, Kariya and Barriball did pretty well. Duncan is tiny! However, he has the heart and talent to make up for it. Often times, Duncan, Kariya and Oshie would be on a line together and they were the best forward line of the entire group. Duncan and Oshie play together in college and you can tell.

There is a picture of Duncan in this blog, but also if you go to the Blues homepage there is a slideshow that you can watch, not very long but there are a few pictures of Oshie and some of Duncan as well

the gopher guys at gpl are really hoping that oshie and dunc sign based on how they are happy at the camp. when has a player not talked positively about the camp??

I think they are hoping/wishing... Sioux is right I have never heard a play say that prospect camps suck especially when your getting to play with a lot of talented players.

A few Gopher fans have been saying Oshie and Duncan will both leave since Toews left and they keep citing Jordan Parise as a reason. It does seem to be wishful thinking on their part and I'm sure it'll only ramp up with Goli leaving, Osh and Dunc being praised at the Blues camp and UND now considered the WCHA favorite. I highly doubt that will happen though.