SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually had some interaction with one of the "players" in this drama and he is amused at the talk here. His comment was something to the effect that the "informed" are quite un-informed.

... They are fortunate or lucky to have a relationship with a coach, a player,a certain alumni,or who ever it might be that allows them access to inside information.

What if "mikejm" interacted directly with a "player" (aka source) named Buning, or Harmeson, or Jeno, or Kupchella?

I don't know, I'm just asking hypothetically, but wouldn't that be better?

I haven't posted in a while so I just wanted to post something so my name would be recognized more easily so when the day comes that I have some information to share, people will at least have seen my name pop up now and then and will take me more seriously. ;)

Oooohhh....only 10 more posts to 100. It's so close I can taste it. :ohmy:

So I guess the player that Fetch was refering to was way off base! There are going to be players who are more informed than others as to what is going on,as well as there are going to be "inside insiders"as Geauxsioux might call them,that are more informed than say Geauxsioux himself, Trunk Monkey, and even Mikejm.

I am flattered that you find my "inside insiders" quotable, but I for one am not informed as to what may or may not be going on within the Athletic Department. As I have stated in the past I plan to support UND athletics, which means that I support our athletic director until I have good reason not to.

Don't worry, I'll never take you seriously no matter how many posts you have or how much you whine.

Good point....exactly.....why would you? I mean I don't sit at this computer 24/7 trying to post blithering idiotic statements all day of whatever random unintelligent thought comes to my head. I'd have to start doing that before I'm taken seriously and become "one of the guys". And as fs1 mentioned before, on the list of things to do or accomplish in my life, the approval of others on a message board or being a "chosen one" on any message board is next in line above dying.

I haven't posted in a while so I just wanted to post something so my name would be recognized more easily so when the day comes that I have some information to share, people will at least have seen my name pop up now and then and will take me more seriously. ;)

Oooohhh....only 10 more posts to 100. It's so close I can taste it. :ohmy:

Na, by the time you get to 100 posts, we'll have 8 National Titles......so no one will take you seriously anyway.

Na, by the time you get to 100 posts, we'll have 8 National Titles......so no one will take you seriously anyway.

Wait, someone did take me seriously. If I remember correctly, some of you think the reason #1HakFan no longer posts here is because of me. So he must have taken me seriously if I'm the reason he no longer posts here. And I only had like 60 posts then. Wow....I am somebody. Now I'll be able to sleep easily tonight.....no more restless nights of thinking I'm not taken seriously.

And as fs1 mentioned before, on the list of things to do or accomplish in my life, the approval of others on a message board or being a "chosen one" on any message board is next in line above dying.

Don't get your hopes up too much. There are only a small number of "chosen one" slots open on this board at any one time. worship.gifpraying.gif:ohmy:

Can anyone here truely say they wouldnt want to have that access? I know of one particular person,who after the Frozen 4 loss to BC in Milwaukee rather than go to the night game was lucky enough,because of a relationsip he has with someone, to go to dinner with Tony Hrkac and other memebers of the 87 championship team. All of us would die for that chance

Die for that chance? Because somebody played hockey or is an athlete doesn't automatically make them great dinner guests. Some of the old players I have met are great guys and a blast to have a beer with, some frankly aren't. Having access usually isn't that interesting. How well they played in college or NHL has zero correlation to thier personality or insight. I have sat through enough boozy "glory days" conversations that aren't interesting in the least. I have also had the pleasure to meet some ex-players that are well rounded, funny, and truly never bring up old hockey stories unless asked directly. FYI a "good friend" talked to Cary Eades a couple of weeks ago and the only thing he complained about was evaluating and recruiting kids that are 15-16 rather than 17-19.

Good point....exactly.....why would you? I mean I don't sit at this computer 24/7 trying to post blithering idiotic statements all day of whatever random unintelligent thought comes to my head.

And yet you're still able to do it. I commend you on your efficiency. You deserve a medal. :ohmy:

So I guess the player that Fetch was refering to was way off base! There are going to be players who are more informed than others as to what is going on,as well as there are going to be "inside insiders"as Geauxsioux might call them,that are more informed than say Geauxsioux himself, Trunk Monkey, and even Mikejm. Believe it or not there are people who are fortunate to have access to things that all of us would love to have, it doesnt make them any better than others ,they are just more fortunate or rather more lucky I would say. They are fortunate or lucky to have a relationship with a coach, a player,a certain alumni,or who ever it might be that allows them access to inside information. And it doesnt mean they are bragging by sharing information or knowing something others dont. When they do state that they have information not available to all,they are generally attacked, and it is always by the ones that arent as fortunate. And it ends up that when they respond to those attacks that they are said to be bragging or whatever you want to call it, again by the ones that arent as fortunate but who would in a heartbeat switch places to be in that same position. Can anyone here truely say they wouldnt want to have that access? I know of one particular person,who after the Frozen 4 loss to BC in Milwaukee rather than go to the night game was lucky enough,because of a relationsip he has with someone, to go to dinner with Tony Hrkac and other memebers of the 87 championship team. All of us would die for that chance,but some are luckier than others,and on that day he was one of the lucky ones. With a relationship like that he has access to information that we all wish we did,but again we arent all as fortunate or lucky! Again it doenst make him any better than us, and its not bragging or whatever it might be called when he might share that info.

In regards to this thread about Mr Buning, I have heard privately from many others that have as much or more information than I have and the response is always the same, that there is a problem and it is serious. As trunkmonkey might think it is funny how the informed are un-informed, it seams as that "player" is in fact one of them.

All this really proves is that you were an "insider" back in '87. I really have a hard time believing that anyone tells you or some of the other "insiders" on this site anything. In today's world, you really can't tell anyone almost anything regarding what goes on at your job without fear of termination or worse a lawsuit. If they really are telling you anything I strongly advise that they reconsider because both you and the "Walrus" have big enough mouths on here that you tell enough specifics to get your source in deep, even though you dont' reveal names.

I've always liked this song.

One Thing Leads To Another

The Fixx

The deception with tact

Just what are you trying to say

You've got a blank face, which irritates

Communicate, pull out your party piece

You see dimensions in two

State your case with black or white

But when one little cross

Leads to shots, grit your teeth

You run for cover so discreet

Why don't they

Do what they say, say what you mean

Oh well, one thing leads to another

You told me something wrong

I know I listen too long

But then one thing leads to another

The impression that you sell

Passes in and out like a scent

But the long face that you see

Comes from living close to your fears

If this is up, then I'm up

But you're running out of sight

You've seen your name on the walls

And when one little bump

Leads to shock miss a beat

You run for cover and there's heat

Why don't they

Do what they say, say what they mean

One thing leads to another

I know I listen too long

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Then it's easy to believe

Somebody's been lying to me

But when the wrong word goes in the right ear

I know you've been lying to me

It's getting rough, off the cuff

I've got to say enough's enough

Bigger the harder he falls

But when the wrong antidote

Is like a bulge on the throat

You run for cover in the heat

Why don't they

Do what they say, say what they mean

I know I listen too long

Yeah, yeah

One thing leads to another...

And yet you're still able to do it. I commend you on your efficiency. You deserve a medal. :ohmy:

Nah, I wouldn't say I deserve a medal. That's only reserved for the select few. Rarely do I post, let alone multiple times a day. But you on the other hand.....hey, keep up the good work! You make all of us proud.

If I actually sat here 24/7 posting whatever random thought came to my head just because I thought it was funny or cool, then I should be shot instead of given a medal. If I used a message board or blog as my main source of daily interaction with people, then just get it over with and put me out of my misery. That's just my opinion on the matter, but to each his own.

If I actually sat here 24/7 posting whatever random thought came to my head just because I thought it was funny or cool, then I should be shot instead of given a medal.

I agree. But I don't know anybody who does that. Do you?

I agree. But I don't know anybody who does that. Do you?

I'm not sure but I think it should start with everyone taking a look in the mirror and asking themselves how many times a day on average do they post on any given message board and how many days they can go without having to make a post on a message board. That would be the first clue. So even though I'm not sure, I think it can be pretty obvious in some cases (case in point, let's wait to see how long it takes for a response). I'm sorry if I struck a nerve and I'm sure I'll get ripped for my comments but the hardest thing is acceptance.

Now I better stop posting before I get suckered into this category.

I'm not sure...

That's the smartest thing you've ever posted here.

You're not sure.

You don't know because you have no way of knowing.

You simply imply, insinuate, insult and use innuendo to create a negative perception of those who disagree with you.

And then you whine and complain and wonder why you get no respect here.

Yes, follow your own advice. Look in the mirror.

I'm not sure but I think it should start with everyone taking a look in the mirror and asking themselves how many times a day on average do they post on any given message board and how many days they can go without having to make a post on a message board. That would be the first clue.

Now I better stop posting before I get suckered into this category.

Yes, Price Is Right reruns are on, scurry back to your remote control and Old Milwaukee.

I'm not sure but I think it should start with everyone taking a look in the mirror and asking themselves how many times a day on average do they post on any given message board and how many days they can go without having to make a post on a message board. That would be the first clue. So even though I'm not sure, I think it can be pretty obvious in some cases (case in point, let's wait to see how long it takes for a response). I'm sorry if I struck a nerve and I'm sure I'll get ripped for my comments but the hardest thing is acceptance.

Honestly, why does it bother you so much that you have to keep posting the same thing? To me, that's worse than posting meaningless twaddle. We get your post envy point, the horse is dead, beating it does no good. Truth is, not many of us would even notice if the number of posts was missing from under our names.

I would have answered your post sooner, but I slept in until 11:30........sorry.

To me, that's worse than posting meaningless twaddle.

Now that is a cool word...

Noun 1. twaddle - pretentious or silly talk or writing

baloney, bilgewater, boloney, bosh, drool, humbug, tommyrot, tosh, taradiddle, tarradiddle

hokum, meaninglessness, nonsense, nonsensicality, bunk - a message that seems to convey no meaning

jargon, lingo, patois, argot, vernacular, slang, cant - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"

Verb 1. twaddle - speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly

blabber, palaver, piffle, prate, prattle, tattle, tittle-tattle, gabble, gibber, blab, clack, maunder, chatter

mouth, speak, talk, verbalise, verbalize, utter - express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"

blather, blether, blither, smatter, babble - to talk foolishly; "The two women babbled and crooned at the baby"

Now that is a cool word...

Noun 1. twaddle - pretentious or silly talk or writing

baloney, bilgewater, boloney, bosh, drool, humbug, tommyrot, tosh, taradiddle, tarradiddle

hokum, meaninglessness, nonsense, nonsensicality, bunk - a message that seems to convey no meaning

jargon, lingo, patois, argot, vernacular, slang, cant - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"

Verb 1. twaddle - speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly

blabber, palaver, piffle, prate, prattle, tattle, tittle-tattle, gabble, gibber, blab, clack, maunder, chatter

mouth, speak, talk, verbalise, verbalize, utter - express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"

blather, blether, blither, smatter, babble - to talk foolishly; "The two women babbled and crooned at the baby"

That would be me. ;):ohmy: