SiouxSports.com Forum

Judy's Incident Resolved

Sioux-cia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Jonny and T.J. the incident has been resolved. They're going to have to be pretty careful the next year. Robbie's case is still pending.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=35179

couple of hours behind the rest of us but close. UGH, i was at UND's Relay for Life and we got rained and winded out. The high winds forced them to cancel it and send everyone home.

couple of hours behind the rest of us but close. UGH, i was at UND's Relay for Life and we got rained and winded out. The high winds forced them to cancel it and send everyone home.

Ooops, sorry. Should have read the Toews watch to see if it was there first! :(

I think the hockey clinics are right, but I'd word it differently.

I'd say he'll spend his community service teaching hockey to disadvantaged hockey camp attendees at the next UND Hockey Camp. ;)

:( very nice

I think the hockey clinics are right, but I'd word it differently.

I'd say he'll spend his community service teaching hockey to disadvantaged hockey camp attendees at the next UND Hockey Camp. ;)

Let's see if we can word it so 'hockey camps' are games played by the Fighting Sioux in the 2007-2008 hockey season and 'hockey camp attendees' are the players on the teams they play against. :(

For Jonny and T.J. the incident has been resolved. They're going to have to be pretty careful the next year. Robbie's case is still pending.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=35179

I wish they would come down to Fargo and speak to our high school hockey players, as a number of them were suspended for drinking violations. I have a son that plays hockey in high school and drinking is a real and serious problem, one that I do not take lightly.My son is a huge sioux hockey fan and looks up to these players. What an impression they would make if they came down and spoke to the team.

I wish they would come down to Fargo and speak to our high school hockey players, as a number of them were suspended for drinking violations. I have a son that plays hockey in high school and drinking is a real and serious problem, one that I do not take lightly.My son is a huge sioux hockey fan and looks up to these players. What an impression they would make if they came down and spoke to the team.

Yes, Minot could also use these guys. Something like 5 kids were suspended for drinking this past season. It is not a good deal.

Yes, Minot could also use these guys. Something like 5 kids were suspended for drinking this past season. It is not a good deal.

Yeah I think that would be a great idea! My brother was kicked off his HS team just for being AT a party that got busted, and they were leaving so they didn't even get in trouble by the cops at all. He got kicked off for telling the coach the truth about him being at the party. It's too bad, too, because it's his senior year and I kinda had high hopes for him playing juniors or at a DIII college somewhere. Oh well.

I always try to talk to him and his friends about what can happen when you drink and party too much. My first semester of college was all about partying and being social, and my grades that semester and the next just plummeted, and I ended up getting suspended from school and am now stressing out to keep up my GPA just so I can stay in school. Lots of my friends have gotten minors A LOT and have had to pay A LOT of money and do community service. Maybe if they heard it from college athletes and not family members, they would take it a little bit more seriously??

I think it'd be a great experience for both the high schoolers and the college student athletes if they did this! Just my thoughts...

My thought/question.

Do you really think that a high school kid is going to not drink because Jonathan Toews or another college athlete told them it's not a good idea? Doubt it. They are going to do whatever they want, and hope they don't get caught. Remember, most kids think they are invinceable. Come to think of it, most people think "it won't happen to me".

My thought/question.

Do you really think that a high school kid is going to not drink because Jonathan Toews or another college athlete told them it's not a good idea? Doubt it. They are going to do whatever they want, and hope they don't get caught. Remember, most kids think they are invinceable. Come to think of it, most people think "it won't happen to me".

I think this is spot on...and it's true going down through the generations.

Yes, you guys are both right. And I don't think anyone will STOP drinking either. I'm just saying that maybe if HS athletes could hear about the college athletes getting punished too (instead of always receiving special treatment for it), then maybe it would cut down on HS athletes' partying and drinking.

To stop completely, or to drastically slow down on the drinking, is a pretty intense thing. There would have to be a personal issue happening, such as a car accident or someone dying, or something along those lines.

I have to disagree. Some students may get the message. Especially if Jon is sincere and tells them that he is not going to drink illegally again and doesn't. There's a lot of hero worshiping in the younger age groups. Having Jonny talk to a group of grammer-school and possibly middle school classes will have an impact on some students. Any older then that the likelihood of it is less likely.

I am very pleased to see these young men plead guilty. I'm not happy that the incident occured, but that they've decided to accept the responsibility. That's a sign of maturity that is unfortunately becoming rather rare in the world today. I won't pretend to believe these guys won't crack a beer again before they're 21; but they've shown me another glimpse into the core of their character by fessing up.

I am still curious, however, to see (as Hak alluded) how the team dealt (or is dealing) with the infraction.