SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Appreciation Night

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

You saw it. Another mess again this year.

They need 1 row of tables, and 1 row of people. Kind of like herding cattle. ???

Did you get your pucks signed?

YES! Thanks a ton! I had toews sign one first but my pen was goofy so I ended up waiting in his line twice to get it resigned! :lol: 3 frozen four pucks signed by the DOT line, priceless! :glare: I can't thank you enough for getting those pucks for me!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got there a little after 5 and was in the front row for the very touching ceremony. I was probably there against doctor's orders [HIPAA disclosure ahead] since I'd just gotten a steroid injection in my lower back and was supposed to be taking it easy. Pretty sure "taking it easy" does not include standing on imported marble floors for 3+ hours. However, how could I ask for Ironman Chris Porter's autograph if I was too big a wuss to gut it out myself?

All the guys were very friendly to the fans; Radke offered me one of the famous chocolate chip cookies which were delicious! It seemed Porter and Fabian really understood how sweet, special and fleeting their time in UND hockey was. I told Fabian he'd be missed, especially the way he'd owned the Gophers. I managed to get everyone's autograph just after the 5 minute warning.

Any crowd estimates given? My own guesstimate was "a gazillion," but I might be rounding up.

Thanks so much, REA and Fighting Sioux hockey team and coaches for a very special evening. I love this team!

OK so not fair! I'm friends with some of the guys, and they wouldn't give me even half of a cookie lol! Oh well, I had some good conversations with them!

And yeah the guesstimate of a gazillion sounds about right, I feel like I stood in way too many long lines!

That smile looks so strained... It clearly doesn't come naturally. :glare:

Well, you remember what happened to the Joker when he fell into the vat of chemicals. Having Duncan, Oshie and Chorney walk into your office and say they're coming back next season has the same effect. Even though you want to stop smiling, you just can't. :lol:

It didn't end at 7:30. We were almost done getting our a when they said that there would be 15 minutes left.......TJ's line was still gianormous and Scott Foyt came over to his table and said- TJ all of these people are waiting for you, you need to speed it up!

Was anyone there when time ran out? Did the players stay and finish signing?

We were the last ones to leave and it was 8:25 when we got in the car. It was very nice of Oshie and Duncan to stay late until everyone was done. Thanks guys..JT was just standing there all by himself near the end when there was still 30 or more peaple in line for the other two. Hope Joe F gets back soon, he is the only one not signed on our poster.

Little story about Foyt.

A couple had their baby (about 5 mo old) there, and had a Sioux bib that was being signed. When they got to Scott, he put on the bib, and held the baby for a photo, and played a little with the baby. Something very cute, and only parents can really appreciate. :glare:

I see Scott going through law school, and finishing his career as a politician. :lol:

I am jealous of everyone who was there last night. As for the waits for autographs, I'm glad I got the entire teams autographs last fall!!

These guys are all great when it comes to signing and picture taking. The reason it takes so long is those little things that they do for individual fans that we so appreciate!!

We are truly the luckiest fan base in college hockey!!!

I am jealous of everyone who was there last night. As for the waits for autographs, I'm glad I got the entire teams autographs last fall!!

These guys are all great when it comes to signing and picture taking. The reason it takes so long is those little things that they do for individual fans that we so appreciate!!

We are truly the luckiest fan base in college hockey!!!

So true! We are blessed to have such amazing student athletes.... because it is not only the hockey team that is like this... the football team is as well. I definitly made the right decision in where to come to school.

It didn't end at 7:30. We were almost done getting our a when they said that there would be 15 minutes left.......TJ's line was still gianormous and Scott Foyt came over to his table and said- TJ all of these people are waiting for you, you need to speed it up!

Was anyone there when time ran out? Did the players stay and finish signing?

you had to be like 7 people in front of me then! I was almost over there when he came over.

Oh, and I asked Foyt last night and he said that he applied to UND's law school but it will be 1-2 months before he hears anything. I informed him that all he had to do was inform them who exactly he is and it would certainly speed up the process! :glare:

you had to be like 7 people in front of me then! I was almost over there when he came over.

Oh, and I asked Foyt last night and he said that he applied to UND's law school but it will be 1-2 months before he hears anything. I informed him that all he had to do was inform them who exactly he is and it would certainly speed up the process! :glare:

I was wondering earlier if you were in the group that I had the conversation about textbooks with.......after I kept bumping into one of their backpacks.

I asked Chorney if he had signed any "Me So Chorney" signs yet, and both he and Watkins couldn't believe that such signs existed, until not even 2 minutes later, 4 gals arrived with a "Me So Chorney" sign asking for a photo. I don't know if Taylor knew exactly how to react--he seemed both honored and embarrassed. Watkins gave him quite a bit of grief about it though. :glare:

Were there any "Me So Forney" signs?