Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lapoint will be a great addition to the team. hes very offensive

So was Lee.....

Frankly, I like Radke, but I have no idea where he fits into this whole thing. He is a gritty player. He might fit into one of those rough and tumble types in the corners (didn't really notice either way last season).

He's not on the team.

This was the last post regarding Hamilton. I guess this should pretty much clear things up for me. If it was anybody else leaving the team everybody would want to know what happened and why, but for some reason everybody is ready to forget about him Hamilton. He was part of this team and should get as much respect from the fans as any other player that has went through the system.

I am sure it has, but has there been a story? Maybe a link to a new story? I guess I am just curious as to what he is going to do.

There has been a lot of posts but nothing has been released officially. I am not expecting anything really any ways.

So was Lee.....

Frankly, I like Radke, but I have no idea where he fits into this whole thing. He is a gritty player. He might fit into one of those rough and tumble types in the corners (didn't really notice either way last season).

i think radke is a good player, but he is very undisciplined. he takes a lot of penalties away from the play. hopefully that changes this year.

I also think that LaPoint will be a very good player and Marto will be a solid 4 year player, but I would not be surprised to see Radke start out as the 6th defensman until Hak is more comfortable with LaPoint. Having another big forward should help make that a possibility.

LaPoint is a first team all USHL defenseman and is a year removed from high school. He'll be in the lineup.

My predictions for incoming in fall of ....

2007 - Marto, LaPoint, Trupp, Hextall, Malone, Frattin

2008 - Eidsness, Blood, Gleason, Bruneteau, Cichy, Gregoire, (plus same names that haven't been formally announced yet)

My predicted 2007-2008 roster:

G: Lamoureux, Grieco, Walski

D: Chorney, Jones, Lee, Finley, Bina, Genoway, Marto, LaPoint

F: Duncan, Oshie, Watkins, Kozek, Kaip, VandeVelde, Zajac, Martens, Miller, Forney, Radke, Trupp, Hextall, Malone, Frattin

The only two questions I still have are

(1) is Lee with the team or in the Ottawa system, and

(2) does Radke play forward or defense if Lee is gone.

Time to critique how I've done so far.

- Lee is gone

- Hextall is now 2008

- "(plus same names that haven't been formally announced yet)" has become formally David Toews (OK, it was a gimme but I didn't want to say the name at the time and get people in trouble)

- there's now a 2007 named "Brent Davidson"

Seem like now it should be ....

2007 - Marto, LaPoint, Trupp, Malone, Frattin, Davidson

2008 - Eidsness, Blood, Gleason, Bruneteau, Cichy, Gregoire, Hextall, Toews

My predicted 2007-2008 roster:

G: Lamoureux, Grieco, Walski

D: Chorney, Jones, Finley, Bina, Genoway, Marto, LaPoint

F: Duncan, Oshie, Watkins, Kozek, Kaip, VandeVelde, Zajac, Martens, Miller, Forney, Radke, Trupp, Malone, Frattin, Davidson

EDIT: Added Hextall in 2008. Good catch, brian.

2008 - Eidsness, Blood, Gleason, Bruneteau, Cichy, Gregoire, Hextall, Toews

This is the current list of players scheduled for 2008, assuming Duncan and Oshie go pro. This is 16 guys. I don't see any way that many get carried on the roster. I wonder if there's a chance Cichy could be delayed to 2009. Otherwise someone else will likely be moving on...

Kozek

Martens

Miller

Watkins

VandeVelde

Zajac

Forney

Malone

Trupp

Frattin

Davidson

Bruneteau

Gregoire

Toews

Hextall

Cichy*

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Here's the tentative roster for the 2007-08 team. This should answer the questions about exactly who is coming in (Evan Trupp, Matt Frattin, Brad Malone, Brent Davidson, Derrick LaPoint and Jake Marto). Davidson is coming as a recruited walk-on. Also, as people have said for a while, Shea Hamilton is not with the team anymore.

The 2007-08 Fighting Sioux roster

1 Phil Lamoureux, sr, goaltender

2 Joe Finley, jr, defenseman

3 Derrick LaPoint, fr, defenseman

4 Taylor Chorney, jr, defenseman

5 Chay Genoway, so, defenseman

6 Zach Jones, jr, defenseman

7 T.J. Oshie, jr, forward

8 Ryan Martens, jr, forward

10 Andrew Kozek, jr, forward

11 Darcy Zajac, so, forward

14 Brad Miller, jr, forward

15 Brent Davidson, fr, forward

16 Ryan Duncan, jr, forward

17 Rylan Kaip, sr, forward

18 Michael Forney, so, forward

19 Evan Trupp, fr, forward

20 Matt Watkins, jr, forward

21 Matt Frattin, fr, forward

22 Brad Malone, fr, forward

25 Jake Marto, fr, defenseman

26 Kyle Radke, sr, forward/defenseman

28 Robbie Bina, sr, defenseman

29 Chris VandeVelde, so, forward

30 Aaron Walski, jr, goaltender

31 Anthony Grieco, so, goaltender

Roster by position

Goaltenders

1 Phil Lamoureux, sr

30 Aaron Walski, jr

31 Anthony Grieco, so

Defensemen

2 Joe Finley, jr

3 Derrick LaPoint, fr

4 Taylor Chorney, jr

5 Chay Genoway, so

6 Zach Jones, jr

25 Jake Marto, fr

28 Robbie Bina, sr

Forwards

7 T.J. Oshie, jr

8 Ryan Martens, jr

10 Andrew Kozek, jr

11 Darcy Zajac, so

14 Brad Miller, jr

15 Brent Davidson, fr

16 Ryan Duncan, jr

17 Rylan Kaip, sr

18 Michael Forney, so

19 Evan Trupp, fr

20 Matt Watkins, jr

21 Matt Frattin, fr

22 Brad Malone, fr

26 Kyle Radke, sr

29 Chris VandeVelde, so

This is the current list of players scheduled for 2008, assuming Duncan and Oshie go pro. This is 16 guys. I don't see any way that many get carried on the roster. I wonder if there's a chance Cichy could be delayed to 2009. Otherwise someone else will likely be moving on...

Kozek

Martens

Miller

Watkins

VandeVelde

Zajac

Forney

Malone

Trupp

Frattin

Davidson

Bruneteau

Gregoire

Toews

Hextall

Cichy*

i was looking at that 08 class myself last night too. assuming gleason comes in 08, there will be 8 guys coming in. none of which would be delayed, unless maybe Hextall(but i doubt it). there will be 4 seniors gone in lammy, radke, kaip, and bina. and 4 very possible departures in oshie, duncan, finley, and chorney. and that would be 4 dmen leaving and 2 coming in. something more will happen with this class. also... there is a possibility that kozek could sign too.

i was looking at that 08 class myself last night too. assuming gleason comes in 08, there will be 8 guys coming in. none of which would be delayed, unless maybe Hextall(but i doubt it). there will be 4 seniors gone in lammy, radke, kaip, and bina. and 4 very possible departures in oshie, duncan, finley, and chorney. and that would be 4 dmen leaving and 2 coming in. something more will happen with this class. also... there is a possibility that kozek could sign too.

Probably going to get flamed for this but.... What's keeping Davidson from being another Todd Alexander? He may very well not crack the lineup at all this season and, seeing that how many quality recruits we have coming in, take up that hockey schollie at U. of Windsor.