SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very few, but they do actually go to the hairdresser. my cousin used to cut jpar's hair. my only question is if he is wired has he considered decaf? :)

just joking. seriously, would be great if Jonny comes back, if Brian leaves I sincerely hope it is not because of the fans. either way, best of luck to them.

i doubt it would be bacause of the fans,if it was it would be pathetic and good luck in canada playing hockey in the nhl if your feelings get hurt, seriously, he would be out of hockey in no time there if thats the case, that saying, when brian leaves as i think he will it will because he wants to move on and develop in the AHL...but i do hope he comes back!

Hello all,

I've been checking this site out for some time with nothing really to add, until today. I know someone who is close to the team and he was joking with one of the players that they should get Toews to come back, and the player told him that Toews has decided to come back for 1 more year. Although this happened before Toews went to the World Championship, so take it for what its worth.

Hello all,

I've been checking this site out for some time with nothing really to add, until today. I know someone who is close to the team and he was joking with one of the players that they should get Toews to come back, and the player told him that Toews has decided to come back for 1 more year. Although this happened before Toews went to the World Championship, so take it for what its worth.

once again, its tough to report this type of info as its all hearsay

also, welcome! and you will get ribbed for this being your 1st ever post right or wrong :D

i have heard this from a few people as well, really nothing though until we hear it from the horses mouth!

once again, its tough to report this type of info as its all hearsay

also, welcome! and you will get ribbed for this being your 1st ever post right or wrong :D

i have heard this from a few people as well, really nothing though until we hear it from the horses mouth!

I understand this, not really sure if I believe it myself, but it gave me hope that I wanted to share with someone.

I understand this, not really sure if I believe it myself, but it gave me hope that I wanted to share with someone.

welcome anyway, and right now hope is all we have that he will be back. Right now, i am still going with he is leaving because then if he leaves i won't be as depressed because I will have somewhat accepted it or I will be pleasantly surprised if he stays.

share it. this whole site is that kind of stuff. heresay is entertaining, and when it starts to come from more than just a few people, we have something started. if i wanted credible news, i would read the paper(which i do not) :D

I was listening to 204 on XM on my way home tonight. Had a recap of the show with esposito on. EJ McGuire said Toews will be in Chicago next year. Then he said something to the effect of he will be in Chicago only if they can get him signed. Had some other good stuff to say about NoDak hockey. Nothing real important and probably not worth posting but thought I would share.

Feel free to insert this into the "my sister's boyfriend's cousin's hairdresser" category, but my son-in-law heard this week from a buddy of his who apparently ran into a "former Sioux hockey player who is wired" that Toews is coming back (he's in "the pact"), and that Brian Lee is gone.

I'm just passing on what I heard folks.

If true, I wonder why all the other uber-soph players (Oshie, Chorney, Duncan, Toews, Finley) were included in the pact, but not Lee? :D

If true, I wonder why all the other uber-soph players (Oshie, Chorney, Duncan, Toews, Finley) were included in the pact, but not Lee? :D

maybe because he has a different agenda and wants to develop in te AHL, who knows, i guess we will know hopefully shortly on him and jon

Feel free to insert this into the "my sister's boyfriend's cousin's hairdresser" category, but my son-in-law heard this week from a buddy of his who apparently ran into a "former Sioux hockey player who is wired" that Toews is coming back (he's in "the pact"), and that Brian Lee is gone.

I'm just passing on what I heard folks.

So Jonathan's been stringing us along, making us sweat all for a laugh!

Course if he actually comes back I'd think the joke was funny!

It may be entirely possible that Toews has been strongly considering coming back. I think being named to Team Canada may ultimately be the deciding factor. If he plays well and seems to fit in I would suspect he will sign with Chicago regardless of where he had been leaning previously, assuming Chicago is offering a fair contract (rookie max with plenty of reasonable incentives).

I think if he comes back I am going to have a cardiac arrest. :silly:

Hopefully it's just a mild heart attack there Goon. If he does in fact come back you won't want to miss any of the action next year.

No kidding. LOL, I am not holding my breath but if he does come back I will very happy. :silly:

I guess I was wrong on Toews coming back, I talked to the guy who is close to the team today and he informed me he had talked to a player who is close to Toews and it doesn't sound like he is coming back. Being on Team Canada with all those pros has helped him decide he can play at a high level in the NHL.

Good Luck #9!

I guess I was wrong on Toews coming back, I talked to the guy who is close to the team today and he informed me he had talked to a player who is close to Toews and it doesn't sound like he is coming back. Being on Team Canada with all those pros has helped him decide he can play at a high level in the NHL.

Good Luck #9!

Wouldn't be a real shocker. :silly:

maybe I'm just missing something, but how can JT miss the last 3 weeks of school and still be in good standing academically? or is thi sjust a sign that academics don't matter because he is signing?

List of possibilities

1. Took in-completes;

2. Tested out early/turned in papers early;

3. All his classes were short termers, finished mid semester;

4. On-line classes;

5. His grades were high enough so missing the last three weeks will only lower his final grades a little bit;

6. Duncan's taking all his shots classes.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that he was finishing classes overseas. All you need is a proctor to administer the exams. (The proctor has to be trustworthy.)

Good point, also he went to Shattuck and according to some of the comments that the players have made it would seem that you have to be a pretty good student to go to school there and that college was somewhat easier. I would be willing to bet that Towes is up to date on this studies or making arrangements.

Good point, also he went to Shattuck and according to some of the comments that the players have made it would seem that you have to be a pretty good student to go to school there and that college was somewhat easier. I would be willing to bet that Towes is up to date on this studies or making arrangements.

i wouldnt worry about him missing school, there are ways around it and im sure he did what he needed to do, hes a smart kid. also i hope many fans dont think hes coming back, or at least i mean most fans should be prepared for him to leave is a better way of stating it, f a miracle happens and he stays well damn, watch out, if not watch out still, we will be dammmm good!!