SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come everyone's optimism seems to be waning away the longer the wait...? :D

I'm gonna laugh when he has some sort of news conference and he does his best Terminator voice, "I'll be back" :lol:

I will laugh with you! Still know in my heart he is back at UND. Stay tuned Sioux Fans!

Since we're all just waiting for some news, let's predict which news source will be the first to break the news about his return or departure. Also the date of his announcement. I'm going with May 17th for my pick and Grand Forks Herald as the one that gets to print it first.

I was extremely confident in JT's return prior to him being named to team Canada. After his performance I thought he was gone for sure. Being that it seems that a decision still has not been made I still am holding out a sliver of hope. It's not like there will be intense negotiations. I assume the Blackhawks have already said, "Here's the max we can offer under the new CBA, please sign here." It's not like the Blackhawks can really sweeten the deal anymore. That he hasn't signed yet, in my opinion, is confirmation that he is at a minimum weighing his options.

You couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week when the others announced they were staying. I can't imagine the crowd when the team comes out of the tunnel for the first game next year if JT is with them. If the whole crew returns for next year I propose that the entire crowd stands and applauds the entire first period of the first game in appreciations.

As an aside, Lee isn't getting the love here, but it would be great to have the entire group return.

I was extremely confident in JT's return prior to him being named to team Canada. After his performance I thought he was gone for sure. Being that it seems that a decision still has not been made I still am holding out a sliver of hope. It's not like there will be intense negotiations. I assume the Blackhawks have already said, "Here's the max we can offer under the new CBA, please sign here." It's not like the Blackhawks can really sweeten the deal anymore. That he hasn't signed yet, in my opinion, is confirmation that he is at a minimum weighing his options.

You couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a week when the others announced they were staying. I can't imagine the crowd when the team comes out of the tunnel for the first game next year if JT is with them. If the whole crew returns for next year I propose that the entire crowd stands and applauds the entire first period of the first game in appreciations.

As an aside, Lee isn't getting the love here, but it would be great to have the entire group return.

The rumour on TSN was that Tallon wasn't originally offering all of the salary incentives that a number 3 overall pick typically receives or deserves. Perhaps the incentive offer has changed dramatically as a result of Toews performance at the World Championship. If he winds up with a package that puts him in a position to earn close to $3M next season how can anyone on this site believe he will be back. :lol:

I've been banned from posting on the Chicago Blackhawks message board :lol: Which is really weird, considering that I only had like 12 posts on there and am one of the few Toews insiders they have..... Oh well, screw them....

I'm gunna go with May 24th... And Toews will announce his decision at a press conference...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=313183

Sounds like he will sign within the next two weeks. :lol:

no quotes from toews? i think that tallon is playing hardball. if toews doesnt sign it will make him look bad. i would guess that toews will probably anounce on monday and it will be gfherald and in chicago same time. im pulling for another brendan morrison. :D

well get him some tissues then, seriously what a f'n joke if that has a reason for leaving or even a part of it. i dont buy it at all. i want him to return as well but hate seeing that crap. if he leaves it will be his and otawas decision to develop in the AHL rather than g forks, not because of "no love" :lol: our d core would be amazing if he came back but if he decides to leave which im guessing he will then its time to move on

The rumour on TSN was that Tallon wasn't originally offering all of the salary incentives that a number 3 overall pick typically receives or deserves. Perhaps the incentive offer has changed dramatically as a result of Toews performance at the World Championship. If he winds up with a package that puts him in a position to earn close to $3M next season how can anyone on this site believe he will be back. :lol:

If he isn't being offered the max I hope he tells the Hawks to take a hike. The Hawks need him FAR more than he needs them. He can get the max with any team in the NHL but where are the Hawks going to find a 19-yr-old center with as much potential, maturity, leadership, grit, etc. as him?

I've been banned from posting on the Chicago Blackhawks message board :lol: Which is really weird, considering that I only had like 12 posts on there and am one of the few Toews insiders they have..... Oh well, screw them....

What did you do? Tell them Bobby Hull was a drunken wife beater? :D

I'm gunna go with May 24th... And Toews will announce his decision at a press conference...

How Kessel-like of Toews. :D

It appears to have something to do with Eddie Van Halen...too bad his last post was edited by a mod

"Toews insider";):D

Moreso than the rest of who read and post on SS.com? :D OK, so tell us what did you post preceeding your ban??

I think we should start thinking of some new topic threads once this one is decided. Any suggestions? GREATEST GAMES IN SIOUX HISTORY....STRANGE STATS THAT NEVER GET MENTIONED.....A QUIZ GAME WITH CLUES TO FORMER AND CURRENT SIOUX PLAYERS(we could use the Jeopardy show as a guide) :lol: