SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he makes up his mind soon --- these threads are almost worse than .................Trivia :lol:

i expected him gone as well as many other sane sioux fans, either way he should take his time if he really is still deciding. i think either way he will announce soon

I dont think he will sign, I've got to know the guy alot at the arena, always a nice guy and never into himself, and he just talks and shows how much he loves this school and playing here. I think he wants to come back and play with all his buddies and take a shot at #8. I believe he is not a person who cares about all the money he is going to get or the fame, he just loves playing hockey and thats all he wants to do. But if he does sign then I cant wait to watch him rip it up in the NHL. (just hope Versus plays alot of Blackhawks games next year)

Best of luck in whatever you do JT!!! :lol:

Speaking of...because they were selling the Canadian jerseys on eBay, I decided to see what other Jonathan Toews stuff there was on eBay. Check this out. Notice anything? I noticed 2 glaring issues with this.

That jersey is ugly with no Sioux head on it.

Why dont you verify it right here.

Me?!?

Eklund never reveals his "sources"...more from Eklund:

Updated 9:21PM: There is a report from University of North Dakota Hockey claiming this deal is not done. I will continue to track this story throughout the evening, but I reached my source and he was "shocked" by the report from UND and was curious if some sort of press event may being planned and that is the reason the deal is being denied.

Me?!?

Eklund never reveals his "sources"...more from Eklund:

Wow, how about I missed the story with posting a false rumor. This isn't the first time this has happened.

It happens all of the time. All EK has to do is retract and admit it's false. Posting to the thread has also been shut down.

Sorry i thought you were speaking on behalf of Eklund or something, woops

But boy i hope UND's story is true.

Nope, I'd never speak on his behalf...just passing on info.

Is it possible that JT's agent worked out a deal with the Hawks and is just waiting for JT's approval?

On a side note, is there any chance that Duncan will be invited to an NHL team's rookie camp? And would he attend even though he is returning to UND next year?

Let's see now, hmmm, who am I going to believe?? Brad who called and spoke with Jonny or some guy who won't name his source?? Give me a minute now........

Seriously, I'm one of those that, regretfully, believes that JT is ready for the NHL and will likely leave us BUT I truly believe his decision hasn't been made as of yet. He's a young kid, has made some lifelong friendships here, and (I hope) wants that NC$$ ring!!!

And so, the waiting continues!

Tallon trying to get Blackhawks settled

Toews was part of the gold-medal winning Canadian team in the world championships and had two goals and seven points in eight games while earning rave reviews from veteran NHL players who were his teammates.

Some thought if Toews had a strong tournament that would seal his decision to leave the University of North Dakota and join the Hawks. Pat Brisson,Toews' family adviser, did not return a phone message.

While the Hawks may be close with Toews, they may be further from re-signing Handzus. Tallon said he hasn't spoken with Matt Keator, Handzus' agent, for a couple of weeks.

:lol:

Edit: I missed the part where they say they are getting close. :D

I was wondering why you had a big grin on your face! :lol:

Some thought if Toews had a strong tournament that would seal his decision to leave the University of North Dakota and join the Hawks. Pat Brisson,Toews' family adviser, did not return a phone message.

This gave me cause for hope. That is what I get for skimming too fast looking for North Dakota reference.

crap...Heard that it won't be long now...hope its not true but sure enjoyed watching JT for 2 years...

its just a matter of time, he is gona be a hell of a nhl player, maybe the best ever to come out of und!!

Would love to see Toews stay, but would be excited to watch him play and have success in the NHL next year. Either way, he's a special young man. Very happy to have this caliber of player as a lifelong Sioux. Knowing that his college experience was special is good enough for this alum.

Good luck, Mr. Toews!

taz digs it