SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its total bull that this isn't in HD. With the required HD date coming up, ESPN responded to me saying that they are not currently equipped to cover multiple events in HD. Which just sucks. After watching NHL HD games, its so hard to watch SD college hockey.

Oh well, I will settle, at least I don't have to watch a webcast or listen to the radio :lol:

Yeah, its total bull that this isn't in HD. With the required HD date coming up, ESPN responded to me saying that they are not currently equipped to cover multiple events in HD. Which just sucks. After watching NHL HD games, its so hard to watch SD college hockey.

Oh well, I will settle, at least I don't have to watch a webcast or listen to the radio :lol:

Agreed...watching the Masters right now is just amazing.

There is no required HD date, but a "digital" date. All over-the-air broadcasts will be required to be digital, instead of analog. That's the broadcast format, not the quality.

LETS GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wear my black jersey when I listen/watch the game. I am switching to the white jersey for the BC game. The last time I wore a white jersey was when the Sioux were in the Frozen Four in 86-87. That particular jersey happened to have a #21 on it. Let's hope we see the same results on Thurs, Fri, and Sat.

Now it's time for a beer.

Hak Pre-Game Comments:

We've played well. We've got a consistent hockey team effort wise. Played through the Final 5 and West Regional for great preparation for this type of atmosphere.

All year experience helps you. BC plays with great team speed and has a great transition game. I expect to see a similar opponent as our last two games. We don't want to chase BC around. Most importantly, we need to play our game, which is strong defense, but on the flip side, puck possession game. Let's grind and create opportunities off our cycle.

I don't believe anyone is unbeatable, regardless of the situation. We won't put all our eggs in one basket regarding the first goal. Saw Maine get off to a quick early lead, and sometimes, that creates a team that relaxes. It's a 60 minute game. 3 teams remaining in this tournament. You have to play very well and consistent throughout the 60 minutes.

I don't know if we want to play over physical. They're not the biggest team, but they're an aggressive team. I think we can skate with any team in the country. I think we need to use our size and strength down low to distinguish ourselves.

Our specialty teams have been good and need to remain good. No time for relapse. The way we play, we'll take 3 or 4 penalties a night. If we can limit that, our PK unit has done good at eliminating the PP.

This time of year, you have to be ready to play right from the drop of the puck and play a full 60 minutes. Our teams hungry. We've been hungry for the past 9 days, and we need to go out and lay it on the line for 60 minutes.

Phil battled the last two games. He didn't get off to a good start vs Michigan, but he battled back, and that's what we want to see tonight.

This tells me we aren't going to bang BC into submission, but hopefully wear them down over time by controlling the puck in the offensive zone.

I wonder what BC's face-off %'s are. That was a huge factor for the Sioux in the game against MN.

This tells me we aren't going to bang BC into submission, but hopefully wear them down over time by controlling the puck in the offensive zone.

I wonder what BC's face-off %'s are. That was a huge factor for the Sioux in the game against MN.

According to their team site, over the course of the year, they're a little over .500 on faceoffs, but that doesn't state recently, which is probably the more important part of that stat.