SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

I don't know if I agree they're taking us off our game.

We're not being smart about when to be physical and that's leading to bad penalties. It's what happened against Minnesota when we focused too much on getting even and not enough on playing smart.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I thought that was a pretty good period. Hockey's a game of momentum. BC took momentum after Porter took his penalty, which was the 2nd straight penalty. I thought the Sioux were starting to even things out towards the end, and thought they looked good in that last minute on the PK. I definitely didn't expect to watch North Dakota dominate this game, and thing that momentum will continue to switch back and forth. As much as I hope the Sioux win by 3 goals or more, I have the gut feeling this will be more of a Gopher/Sioux type game. The two teams match up too well for one team to walk away with it.

We're not being smart about when to be physical and that's leading to bad penalties. It's what happened against Minnesota when we focused too much on getting even and not enough on playing smart.

I see your point, and if you read my first response to your post, we're pretty much seeing things the same way, in regards to the physical play.

Norton is a good analyst and knows the game, but there is a definite Eastern bias with him. Not as bad as some of the other E$PN clowns, but it is there.

Where he's east coast for sure, I have always thought that Norton has given North Dakota good props. I'm just hoping his jinx continues, as he picked BC to win it all this year! :lol: And I'm hoping the jinx comes in to play tonight!

Personally, I thought that was a pretty good period. Hockey's a game of momentum. BC took momentum after Porter took his penalty, which was the 2nd straight penalty. I thought the Sioux were starting to even things out towards the end, and thought they looked good in that last minute on the PK. I definitely didn't expect to watch North Dakota dominate this game, and thing that momentum will continue to switch back and forth. As much as I hope the Sioux win by 3 goals or more, I have the gut feeling this will be more of a Gopher/Sioux type game. The two teams match up too well for one team to walk away with it.

I agree, this game will be decided in the 3rd period.

Genoway is the player of the game for the Sioux so far, IMO. And not just because of one diving stop at the blueline. He's been great all over.

DOT line needs to take control. Sioux need to work the BC boys over in the offensive zone, wear them down like the Porter line has.

At the end of the game, I don't want to hear Hak talking about how the Sioux spent too much time killing penalties. Right now, we seem to be heading in that direction. It has to stop. Now.